• Thread starter Outlines
  • Start date
  • Views 1,243
Outlines

Outlines

Just because I kill doesn't mean I'm deadly
Reaction score
Sin$
I have looked everywhere for the solution to the problem and everyone is saying soldering. I believe mine is fine (I will attach an image below so I can find out if maybe I messed up somehow) but it won't let me read the nand at all. I have tried on Windows 10 and Windows 7 running on a Virtual Machine. Not sure what I am doing wrong and I just need help. (I am using a JR Programmer v2 on a Trinity Board).
Post automatically merged:

qGjeego.jpg
YUU7p5A.jpg
qfa4QqN.jpg
fNsOPDH.jpg

That's not all solder btw. There is flux around the 5-wire set not just loose solder. It's not visible to my eye only on camera

Last edited:
Solution
B
K8J6AwL.jpg
v2cosYM.jpg

How do this look? I'm still getting Version 10 Flash Config.: 0x00000000 Can not Continue when trying to read the nand, f2, or the little question mark next to nand type..
Your getting there,buddy.De-solder those wires again and like i instructed,you need to pre-tin the ends of your nand read/write wires (so with just a small amount of wire showing-flux that wire then pre-tin it with solder.
Next clean up those nand points again,apply fresh flux to those points and just touch with the end of your soldering iron,so it'll push the solder already in those holes all the way through (but check under the board at those points that not too much solder has...
B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I strongly advise you to de-solder those nand wires.Clean up the points,then apply a small amount of fresh flux to each nand point,then pre-tin the nand points with a little bit more solder (Just a small amount on each point,so don't go overboard with how much your applying)
Then trim off every JR-Programmer nand wire and just bare off a small amount of wire at each end,pre-tin those ends.Then re-solder those nand wires and try again.

Outlines

Outlines

Reaction score
Sin$
your soldering sucks. :smile:

I strongly advise you to de-solder those nand wires.Clean up the points,then apply a small amount of fresh flux to each nand point,then pre-tin the nand points with a little bit more solder (Just a small amount on each point,so don't go overboard with how much your applying)
Then trim off every JR-Programmer nand wire and just bare off a small amount of wire at each end,pre-tin those ends.Then re-solder those nand wires and try again.
I will try this! Let me just get everything ready and give it a go

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

I will try this! Let me just get everything ready and give it a go

well, at least you didn't burned/lifted a pad, yet. Like me. :biggrin:

Kinda better than me at the beginning. :biggrin:

And don't press soldering iron tip against the points, no pressure. flux, no pressure, not too much tin solder. And practice on dummy board.

sttranger

sttranger

Reaction score
Sin$
Yellow and orange seem to be bridged, maybe is the picture....
Yellow is GND and the pad is harder to solder, might be easier to connect it somewhere else. I have used the AV metal shield, its much easier.

Outlines

Outlines

Reaction score
Sin$

And don't press soldering iron tip against the points, no pressure. flux, no pressure, not too much tin solder. And practice on dummy board.

Thanks for the advice! Will remember that if I have to resolder!

EDIT: Just checked and I was applying pressure and pushed solder into the bottom of the board, resulting in bridge between the orange and brown on the bottom! fixing it now!

Yellow is GND and the pad is harder to solder, might be easier to connect it somewhere else. I have used the AV metal shield, its much easier.

I don't think they were bridged, but just a lot of solder on top of it and made it look like that from that one perspective! And I was going to put the yellow on AV but wasn't sure if that would be recommended! :smile:

tried it and same errors.. I unplugged the JRPv2 from my PC but left it attached to my board and the light is still green so does that mean maybe that my wiring is good? Just wondering

I will post pics in a little bit after im done testing it on my Windows 7 VM to see if its just Windows 10 being a ****

Last edited:
Outlines

Outlines

Reaction score
Sin$
K8J6AwL.jpg
v2cosYM.jpg

How do this look? I'm still getting Version 10 Flash Config.: 0x00000000 Can not Continue when trying to read the nand, f2, or the little question mark next to nand type..

C

Cryptic7s

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
K8J6AwL.jpg
v2cosYM.jpg

Not gonna lie, its still pretty bad mate. Would you mind desoldering your wires, and using somethihng like a Fiberglass brush or a fine point to scrape lightly over each point as to remove the board coating, then add some new flux and tin each point again. You should be aiming for very fine solder balls sitting on top of each point, then i'd trim and tin your wires again, and when you tap them into place the solder should just melt nicely around it. As long as the point has a copper shine to it the solder should stick fine. Also, Looking at your pics i'd definitely say your issues lie with your wires, they aren't tinned at all, which is probably where the flash Config 0x00000000 is coming up. Ideally, this is what you want the points to look like when you're done tinning them. https://i.ytimg.com/vi/GSe44kgS4yU/maxresdefault.jpg

Outlines

Outlines

Reaction score
Sin$
Not gonna lie, its still pretty bad mate. Would you mind desoldering your wires, and using somethihng like a Fiberglass brush or a fine point to scrape lightly over each point as to remove the board coating, then add some new flux and tin each point again. You should be aiming for very fine solder balls sitting on top of each point, then i'd trim and tin your wires again, and when you tap them into place the solder should just melt nicely around it. As long as the point has a copper shine to it the solder should stick fine. Also, Looking at your pics i'd definitely say your issues lie with your wires, they aren't tinned at all, which is probably where the flash Config 0x00000000 is coming up. Ideally, this is what you want the points to look like when you're done tinning them. https://i.ytimg.com/vi/GSe44kgS4yU/maxresdefault.jpg

Thank you so much for the image! I have been trying to look everywhere for the image of what it supposed to look like so I can get a better idea! Will redo it thank you for the help and I will post pics when done!

C

Cryptic7s

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you so much for the image! I have been trying to look everywhere for the image of what it supposed to look like so I can get a better idea! Will redo it thank you for the help and I will post pics when done!
Hey i've been there, my first few attempts at installing Killed the consoles I was working on, but I got there in the end. Fingers crossed you get the console working mate :smile:

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
K8J6AwL.jpg
v2cosYM.jpg

Your getting there,buddy.De-solder those wires again and like i instructed,you need to pre-tin the ends of your nand read/write wires (so with just a small amount of wire showing-flux that wire then pre-tin it with solder.
Next clean up those nand points again,apply fresh flux to those points and just touch with the end of your soldering iron,so it'll push the solder already in those holes all the way through (but check under the board at those points that not too much solder has come to far through the hole.)
Re-solder your nand wires one at a time (solder the yellow wire to the HDD port metal sheilding if you can't get it to solder to the nand point on the board.It takes a lot of heat to melt the solder already in that hole and you don't want to go destroying it attempting to solder the yellow wire.Which the yellow wire is only a GND wire anyway.So your safe to solder it to the HDD port metal sheilding).
Now before you go plugging everything back in.Check,then double check,then triple check all your nand points and soldering,making sure that nothing is bridged or touching each wire and point.
Then hook up your JR-Programmer and connect everything up.
Launch JRunner again,once launched then press F2 on your keyboard.Fingers crossed you should get a good nand config reading.

Solution
Outlines

Outlines

Reaction score
Sin$
Next clean up those nand points again,apply fresh flux to those points and just touch with the end of your soldering iron,so it'll push the solder already in those holes all the way through (but check under the board at those points that not too much solder has come to far through the hole.)
Re-solder your nand wires one at a time (solder the yellow wire to the HDD port metal sheilding if you can't get it to solder to the nand point on the board.It takes a lot of heat to melt the solder already in that hole and you don't want to go destroying it attempting to solder the yellow wire.Which the yellow wire is only a GND wire anyway.So your safe to solder it to the HDD port metal sheilding).
Now before you go plugging everything back in.Check,then double check,then triple check all your nand points and soldering,making sure that nothing is bridged or touching each wire and point.
Then hook up your JR-Programmer and connect everything up.
Launch JRunner again,once launched then press F2 on your keyboard.Fingers crossed you should get a good nand config reading.
Hey i've been there, my first few attempts at installing Killed the consoles I was working on, but I got there in the end. Fingers crossed you get the console working mate :smile:

Sorry I went MIA for a bit! I was doing it to my roommate's console and decided since I'm having such a difficult time that I should just work on my own console and I went home and had to get it. It's a Jasper on 17559 so ill do an RGH 1.2 but I haven't started working on it yet so ill post pics once I get it going and see if I get the same stupid error!

Outlines

Outlines

Reaction score
Sin$
Is there a specific thing I am supposed to be trying to get the wires to hit? I will start trying to do it Wednesday but I'm just trying to figure out what causes the error outside of everyone just saying "You soldered wrong" like I understand bridging by accident but when I don't have anything bridging what is causing the issue?

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Is there a specific thing I am supposed to be trying to get the wires to hit? I will start trying to do it Wednesday but I'm just trying to figure out what causes the error outside of everyone just saying "You soldered wrong" like I understand bridging by accident but when I don't have anything bridging what is causing the issue?
I've only ever had the flash config 0x00000000 when it's been down to soldering in the nand read/write wires.
Once i've re-touched up the nand points and re-soldered the wires.It's always worked perfect.Mind you i do have 2x JR-Programmers and a TX Nand-X (this needs a new IC chip though)
Are you 100% sure your nand read/writer is fully working btw ?

Outlines

Outlines

Reaction score
Sin$
I've only ever had the flash config 0x00000000 when it's been down to soldering in the nand read/write wires.
Once i've re-touched up the nand points and re-soldered the wires.It's always worked perfect.Mind you i do have 2x JR-Programmers and a TX Nand-X (this needs a new IC chip though)
No I do not

Outlines

Outlines

Reaction score
Sin$
This was marked solved but yes it was a broken JRP v2. I requested a refund from the people and got it immediately and then bought one that worked from TWM! Thanks for the help even though it was just the device being crap.

Top Bottom
Login
Register