What's new

Tutorial RGH Trinity Install Guide - NEW

HadesLive Customs

HadesLive Customs

Reaction score
Sin$
Welcome to HadesLive Customs easy Tutorial!
Created by Travis Allie - Aka Nehi Gnum
How to RGH a Trinity?

Things you will need?
1. Solder Iron - ( Heat Range 325-350 Range )
2. Solder
3. Flux - ( Important: This is used to keep you from Burning your Board ).
4. Wire Wrapping Wire - ( Easy to manuver an play with ).
5. AceV3 Chip
6. Timing Files for AceV3
7. Tweezers - ( For Big Finger people like myself ).
8. Wire Cutters - ( I use Fingernail Clippers for my cutters an wire splicer ).
9. Thermal Paste - ( Optional: Will be another Tutorial for this ).
10. Hot Glue Gun - ( If you have green tape or wire tape you can use that ).
11. T9-Screw driver
12. Small Flathead or Philips
13. Jr Programmer/Nandx Reader
14. J-Runner V4 - ( Updated by Nehi to Latest dash 17511 )

Before we begin taking the Slim apart lets go ahead and plug in our Solder Iron and Hot Glue gun to warm up. Great Now we can begin taking the shell of the slim!

Lets Go Ahead an start with the sides on of the Xbox 360, I take a small flat head an insert the tip into the spaces an gently lift upwards enough to grab it with my fingers. Once they are both removed you will notice one side has Hard drive location an other side has a Wireless WiFi Card adapter.

Remove the HDD ( if you have one in yours ) & also take your T9 Screwdriver an Unscrew the WiFi Card.
scb1iq.jpg

Now We will pop up the tabs right next to where removed the WiFi card.
2sb4cix.jpg

Do the same for other side an gently pull apart the bottom case from the top an remove it.
2lv1nww.jpg

You will now see the bottom exposed an will see 17 (T9) Screws, Lets go ahead An unscrew all of them now.
2hncsqf.jpg

Now that all the screws are removed we can go ahead and Pull the Top and Front Face plate off an Go ahead an Remove the 2 Screws on the ROL (Ring of Light) Board.
4v0hvq.jpg

mu7sjd.jpg

ok, Now remove the DVD Stand in the front& DVD/HDD stand in the back as shown below!
20h7uiv.jpg
x4jcwj.jpg
35k02n7.jpg

Remove the 2 Fan screws using a small Flathead or Philips screwdriver. Follow by removing the Motherboard from the metal casing if you have not already..
22xsgm.jpg
jqt0zk.jpg

Go ahead an give it a good cleaning before we begin as well.
qsqiwy.jpg

Next step before we begin soldering just so we do not forget. Have your JR-Programmer 2 set up exactly as mine. Top Switch to the left ( JP-3) Bottom switched to the right. ( IGNORE THE RED WIRE HANGING OFF ).
24m9bif.jpg

Open J-Runner - Latest Version 17511, Just to have it ready when we are to move back to the computer.
2m628lt.jpg

Ok Now we are ready to Move on to Soldering!
Here is the Top view of the board to where we will be soldering to. Follow by the color Code for your Nand X wires to be solder to.
ozjn4.jpg

Nand X Solder Points
2f05e8w.jpg

What mine looks like once all wires soldered on.
j9wnpt.jpg

Go ahead an plug in your Power Supply Follow by your Nand X wires into your Jr-Programmer.
27z95ck.jpg

On Your PC/Laptop with J-Runner open hit F2 to determine if you have a steady an secure Connection. Will also tell you what type of motherboard you are dealing with.
55jj0o.jpg

Now that we know it is a Trinity make sure you have Click (1) 2 Reads selected, Click (2) Glitch 2 Selected, Click (3) CR4 - Optional, Click (4) Dash Version - 17511, Click (5) Motherboard Selected - Trinity, Click (6) Now we can push Read Nand an wait patiently.
27ziwxt.jpg

Once you have 2 nands read an 2 MATCHING NANDs you may continue..... ( Do not Continue if you DO NOT HAVE 2 MATCHING NANDS ).
Click (1) Create Ecc wait 5 seconds then Click (2) Write Ecc. Wait for it to finish then you will Disconnect your Power supply follow by your Nand X wires. Go ahead an also get your AceV3 out of its package an ready to set the timing file on the Chip.
nmg8rk.jpg

Lets Place our chip onto the motherboard now. This looks good to me.
xgh82a.jpg

I have put together my own diagram to show where you need to solder to, I did it Color code to make it easy for you in case you are coming off
of cool runners.
1zgro9.jpg
mh7ls3.jpg

What it should look like once the wires are placed. ( Make sure to clean up any residue left behind that your flux leaves ).
119plqo.jpg
2psngk8.jpg

Now that the chip is solder into place we can go ahead an program our timing file onto our AceV3 chip. The timing files have been provided for you above in the what you need description. The best timing files i have had luck with have been the AceV3\Timing Files\15432_soft\x360ace_s-rgh\TRINITY\300 Mhz\timing_60.3.
Below is the Diagram to Solder or pin your timing file wires to. ( If you Solder PLEASE USE LITTLE SOLDER TO AVOID TOUCHING THE BOARD IF YOU HAVE THE CHIP PLACED. You can program your chip anytime during the build process, this is just my way ).
2s8haqd.jpg
30sc9iq.jpg

Plug your Timing file wires into your Jr-Programmer an have it set up exactly like mine is below. Remember to move the top switch to the Right now to go on with programming your AceV3 Chip.
2uf3b7r.jpg

Timing file i use is - 15432_soft\x360ace_s-rgh\TRINITY\300 Mhz\timing_60.6\TR_L_0.5_T_60.6.xsvf
Click (1) Advance, Click (2) Custom Nand/CR Functions, Click (3) Xsvf, Click (4) ... Once Open Select TR_L_0.5_T_60.6.xsvf, Click (5) Run to program your AceV3 Chip.
hx7n88.jpg

Disconnect your Timing file wires an plug in your ROL Face plate, Power supply, HDMI/AV Cables and Ethernet cable to get your cpu key easier.
Boot up your RGH for the first time to Boot Xell an wait for your CPU key to pop up. ( Should be 4-8 Second boot times )
xaroy0.jpg

Once you see your Cpu key go onto your J-Runner an on the bottom right where it says Get CPU Key Type the remaining IP address that you see on Xell labeled as Network Config in to J-Runner Click Get CPU Key.
34rc8ck.jpg

You are doing Great..
Now turn the System off by disconnecting the Power Supply, HDMI/AV an Ethernet cables.
Follow by connecting your Nand X wires into the J-Programmer an the power supply in to the wall. ( DO NOT TURN IT ON )
Click (1) Create XeBuild Image - Wait till it is done It will say Finish, Click (2) Write Nand - Wait patiently for it to finish Writing the nand.
2mpfwon.jpg

Once it is finished writing the nand over to your RGH unplug everything meaning the Nand X wires from the Jr-programmer and the power supply an Wait 45 Seconds before Turning it back on.
Ok Great Once you waited 45 Seconds Go ahead an now boot up your RGH. It should boot in to the main Xbox 360 dashboard. From here you are free to load your hard drive with games an menus. The latest Dashlaunch out right now is Dashlaunch 3.18.1 as well as Xex Menu 1.2.
1zg6jpu.jpg

Thank you for using my Picture Step by Step guide. I hope it was useful an anyway an i hope to get good feed back from you all.
Thank you for you Time
=D

JacksonSuperman

JacksonSuperman

Reaction score
Sin$
I have an issue. Every time I did this, my JR Programmer would be set to the standard mode, so I knew my wires were soldered correctly. J Runner would not let me run the nand check. Will the steps that you included help me, or any other suggestions?

X

XexDaniel

Reaction score
Sin$
Are you sure this works because the other guy failed i'm about to buy the chip and the reader

* Also do you get wires when buying the chip?

JacksonSuperman

JacksonSuperman

Reaction score
Sin$
Are you sure this works because the other guy failed i'm about to buy the chip and the reader

* Also do you get wires when buying the chip?
When you purchase a JRP or Nand X, the cables should come with it.
The Ace v3 / CoolRunner will come with cables too

Jamdoogen

Jamdoogen

Let's turn forever, you and me
Reaction score
Sin$
This came to my attention.

Flux = Poor Quality
Snapped A Clip Opening The Case
Your JR Is A Clone
Soldering Is Very Poor
Using What Looks Like Ethernet Cable As Opposed To The Ones Supplied With The Ace
The State Of Those Programming Header On Your JR

Oh and this...

https://gyazo.com/e4ce3103d7f51c38a4e8236d831fcbec

HadesLive Customs

HadesLive Customs

Reaction score
Sin$
I have an issue. Every time I did this, my JR Programmer would be set to the standard mode, so I knew my wires were soldered correctly. J Runner would not let me run the nand check. Will the steps that you included help me, or any other suggestions?

Sorry for the late reply! Make sure you have the switches moved in the correct postion as well as making sure you do have the wires solder to the correct spot on the Motherboard. I am Positive this works 
This came to my attention.

Flux = Poor Quality
Snapped A Clip Opening The Case
Your JR Is A Clone
Soldering Is Very Poor
Using What Looks Like Ethernet Cable As Opposed To The Ones Supplied With The Ace
The State Of Those Programming Header On Your JR

Oh and this...

https://gyazo.com/e4ce3103d7f51c38a4e8236d831fcbec

I actually beg to differ! Everything is fluid on this page compared to any of the installs posted on here. Dont be so jelly because my work looks cleaner then what yours most likely does. And if you really wanna get technical ill be more then happy to upload dozen of my builds that will blow many out of the water! The Flux is preferred by the user an this is what i prefer. Im not lazy so i do not care to wipe up after i am done. 
Excellent guide wish i found this earlier.

Thank you very much brother! Glade it was a helpful Guide 

Can you also post pictures of what you have soldered an what your Jrprogrammer looks like as well!

jayram1408

jayram1408

Reaction score
Sin$
This would be a great tutorial if the pics were not taken down for what ever reason? Without pics, this is pretty much useless. Can someone either post new pics or delete this thread so its not wasting time and your storage as well.

Top Bottom
Login
Register