What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Question RGH SSD Drive issues.

UHAX

UHAX

Cheap Good Quality RGH Shop
Reaction score
Sin$
Good Day,

I have a feeling this might be a compatibility issue but i am just gonna try my luck. With the Xbox 360 servers going down shortly i am trying to jam pack my games on a RGH. Naturally, I got well over 500GB of data so i was going to upgrade my drive. I believe the max capacity the Xbox can use is 2TB. I Settled and got two 1TB SSDs to play is safe.

Here is the problem i am seeking a solution for. I can get both drives to pop up unformatted on the console. I can format each of the drives with no issues after entering the serial number. I can add data to each of these drives like normal during the current boot cycle. Once the console is turned off and restarted it will start to boot, lock up and RDOD with a E64. Once the drive is removed all is well. I did this with the same behavior for both SSDs. I am thinking there is a limitation on the SSDs i am using.

Board: Corona
Dash: 17526
SSD: WD Blue SA510 1TB

If somebody has a solution or idea i am all ears. I will also accept if i am misinformed on compatibility limitations.
Thanks

I

iToRqUeYoU

Reaction score
Sin$
What dashboard setup are you using with them? And did you establish each drive with the same dashboard setup process separately or just clone files from one to the other. I am using a Samsung 870 Evo 2tb ssd with Aurora on a Corona slim and have no boot or E error issues at all. I just recently set up 2 additional Corona slims with 1tb T-force ssds (cheap on Amazon) and achieved the same results.

UHAX

UHAX

Cheap Good Quality RGH Shop
Reaction score
Sin$
What dashboard setup are you using with them? And did you establish each drive with the same dashboard setup process separately or just clone files from one to the other. I am using a Samsung 870 Evo 2tb ssd with Aurora on a Corona slim and have no boot or E error issues at all. I just recently set up 2 additional Corona slims with 1tb T-force ssds (cheap on Amazon) and achieved the same results.
I did format them with the standard default xbox dashboard. Normally i am using Aurora for my main dash. I did separately format these drives. I did attempt to clone one originally to grab the data off my old 250GB. But i was using Party Buffalo to quickly grab all the old data. I was able to write some data to the 1TB drive but Party Buffalo seems to have issues with larger drives. So I eventually got everything ready for a FTP transfer. Plugged in the drive to the Xbox. Got a E64 with RDOD. I thought naturally with Party Buffalo's lack of support for large drives. Something was maybe corrupted after my format and Party Buffalo write attempts. I would try to format my other SSD any use it for the FTP method. After the format i turned the console off on the fresh formatted drive and i realized the issue is either my drives or how i am formatting them or something. I will see once if i can grab a T-force SSD to try my luck. Thank you

I

iToRqUeYoU

Reaction score
Sin$
I formatted mine in the original dashboard as well and confirmed the serial number then it was recognized. From there I powered mine off and removed the drive and placed 2 on a USB to sata dock. I used Fatxplorer (free download 7 day trial) to natively mount both drives in windows and I copied only my games, apps, and emulators folders over to the new drives I was setting up for the next 2 consoles. I did go into each console individually to set up the dash launch settings and aurora content paths and run partition fixer on each drive for original Xbox game support. Then if you pick up more data on your pc you can dock your drive, mount it with Fatxplorer and copy way faster than ftp.

Top Bottom
Login
Register