What's new

Unsolved Rgh overhearing and won’t recognise xex menu?

S

stan3797

Reaction score
Okay so I’ve just finished my RGH 1.2 after following a guide on YouTube and for some strange reason the RGH boots into xell fine and the console doesn’t get hot or appear to be over heating. As soon as I try to boot the console normally it glitches after a minute or so and the fans instantly rev up and go crazy. I felt the top and I could literally fry an egg on it, it was that hot. Anyhow whilst the xbox is preparing itself to make a full English breakfast I check the hdd and xex menu shows up as unrecognised.. I’ve tried rebuilding a new image from original nand with no luck. And the xex menu definitely works off of the HDD as I tried it with another RGH I have and it booted straight into Aurora whereas this one just asks me to sign into a profile. I’m really concerned about the overheating though and how it doesn’t overheat when in xell

A

afterjo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just check temps in aurora. RGH 1.2 shouldn't take more a than few seconds to glitch. Bad timing.

S

stan3797

Reaction score
I can’t get into aurora.. or xex. The test I did to get into aurora was on a different rgh. I’m thinking it may be the wiring? Maybe something has bridged causing the Xbox to overheat
Post automatically merged:

Hi I fixed the issue with it now recognising xex menu. There was flux residues still underneath the board with a small bit of solder attached to the flux that must of been causing a short. Removed it then booted and it recognised xexmenuwand wasn’t overheating. Only issue I have now is slow boot times. Double checked soldering several times and don’t really want to keep messing with it whilst I have it working I might try more timing files

Last edited:
A

afterjo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can’t get into aurora.. or xex. The test I did to get into aurora was on a different rgh. I’m thinking it may be the wiring? Maybe something has bridged causing the Xbox to overheat

Hi I fixed the issue with it now recognising xex menu. There was flux residues still underneath the board with a small bit of solder attached to the flux that must of been causing a short. Removed it then booted and it recognised xexmenuwand wasn’t overheating. Only issue I have now is slow boot times. Double checked soldering several times and don’t really want to keep messing with it whilst I have it working I might try more timing files
Slow boot time - wrong timing file.

S

stan3797

Reaction score
What timing file is recommended for jasper 16mb?

A

afterjo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What timing file is recommended for jasper 16mb?
Just flash and test, it's not that time consuming to test all timings, since it flashes pretty fast. Maybe start from 18-21.

S

stan3797

Reaction score
I’ve tried this, I find 18 is the best but can still take over a minute some boots

I’ve checked over my soldering and even detached and re attached every wire. Also made the wires as short as I could even bridged JP and 2 and 3

Sometimes over 2 minutes to boot

Last edited:
A

afterjo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dude you test all, if you don't get insta boot, you turn off the console and flash a new timing. Don't wait to boot.

S

stan3797

Reaction score
That’s what I’ve been doing man, the best ones so far have been 18 to 20. Normally after flash it insta boots on these files but then if I keep resetting the console to try and test more boots it progressively seems to get longer

Okay fixed the boot problem. It’s insta booting but now the console is overheating and fan is revving up. Gonna clean the board and make sure I haven’t shorted anything

Last edited:
S

stan3797

Reaction score
All problems fixed now, cleaned up board and the reason it wasn’t insta booting was because the CAP wasn’t bridged. Bridged it and now boots easy

Top Bottom