What's new

Question Rgh not glitching help

S

ScottWv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guy, so I've had this rgh for a long time now and it used to work fine, it's been in the cubard for a few years and I decided to get it out but it doesn't seem to want to boot, looking inside I can see that the green led is not pulsing every 5 seconds like it's supposed to, only red light is on, so I'm confused as nothing has been changed since I last used it few years ago, do you guys think it would just need resoldering? Thank you.

S

ScottWv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Check it's soldering, the chip may have also gone bad.
The wires all seem connected maybe there's a break in one of the wires as the wires are really stiff tbh, does it have to be any specific wires to be used or can I use some wires I have lying around to redo it and see if I get any luck?

Risking Perfect

Risking Perfect

I'm not dead, Just deployed
Super Moderators
Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy Scaling the Mountain
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
The wires all seem connected maybe there's a break in one of the wires as the wires are really stiff tbh, does it have to be any specific wires to be used or can I use some wires I have lying around to redo it and see if I get any luck?

Single strand (I use 28 awg) works the best. Idk if it can be any old wire.

S

ScottWv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Single strand (I use 28 awg) works the best. Idk if it can be any old wire.
im thinking of just getting a new chip for it and installing it, ive also orderd a jr programmer v2 and a x360 ace v5 to rgh a slim as my partner had her old one sitting in the cubard so she gave it to me, the rgh i have right now i got done by someone else, but thought id give it a try myself now :biggrin: pretty confident with my soldering skills as i build and fly race drones for a hobby :biggrin: what chip would you recommend for the falcon?

Risking Perfect

Risking Perfect

Super Moderators
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
For any phat console, I recommend the matrix v1 without oscillator crytal sold by Weekend Modder here.

Risking Perfect

Risking Perfect

Super Moderators
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Here is an example, the matrix chip often gets instant boots on falcon and jasper boards. This one is a Jasper.

lTSJLco.jpg

Risking Perfect

Risking Perfect

Super Moderators
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
For the replacement chip, you don't have to rebuild the nand on it because it is already an rgh. All you need to do is install and program your new chip. And congrats on the successful rgh from scratch.

S

ScottWv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
For the replacement chip, you don't have to rebuild the nand on it because it is already an rgh. All you need to do is install and program your new chip. And congrats on the successful rgh from scratch.
Thank you was my first attempt ever, also an update to the Falcon, the cool runner came today and I wired it for rgh 1.2 and I'm getting instaboots most of time so I'm happy about that, beats the 2 mins with the way it was setup before, so much easier than I thought it would be to rgh thanks for your advice, has helped alot

Top Bottom
Login
Register