Mocking Da Bird

Mocking Da Bird

Guys Below Me Suck
Retired
AzzidReign Jr Hardened Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Introduction
Welcome to the RGH/JTAG FAQ. First off, it should be noted that the JTAG and RGH methods of hacking your console are two completely different things but they run the same code. Basically, you can pick either method and still get the same console and sweet mods.

RGH
FAQ

Q. What is an RGH?
A. The term RGH stands for Reset Glitch Hack. In order to successfully have an RGH, it requires more soldering and a chip permanently on the motherboard. Free60 "found that by sending a tiny reset pulse to the processor while it is slowed down does not reset it but instead changes the way the code runs".

Q. How much do RGHs cost?
A. $150-$200
The price varies when you take the motherboard revision and accessories into account.

Q. Can RGHs go online?
A. Yes, they can. A service called XBLSE can get you online.

Q. What is my motherboard revision?
A.
9geus5.png

Q. Can I RGH my console?
A. This chart should help you:
XhdwTbx.png

Q. UGH! I need more information! Where can I get it?
A. The Xbox 360 Ultimate Exploit Guide should help you.

Q. What is Dashlaunch and how can I get it?
A. Dashlaunch is almost like an alternative dashboard for your console. This tool is significant because it allows you to run RTE, or Real Time Editing, which is needed in some games like Halo and Call of Duty. If I put a download link, in the future it will become outdated, so Google is your friend.

Q. What do I need to RGH my console?
A. The following list is the necessary:
- Soldering skills
- Flux
- Exploitable console
- NAND-X or an alternative NAND dump chip
-Coolrunner or an alternative RGH chip
-T9 or T10 screw drivers

JTAG
Some FAQs were answered in the RGH portion of the thread.
FAQ
Q. Wait a second, what's the difference between an RGH and a JTAG?
A. The methods of getting the hacked console. The JTAG method is relatively easier than the RGH, but the JTAG method is out of date and can only be done on Phat consoles with dashboard 7371 or lower , while console higher than that to 14699 have to be RGHed. Consoles with 14717 or Higher need to have RGH2 or R-JTAG ( Which has been discontinued )

Q. If the JTAG method is out of date, what else could I do?
A. You could see if you can do the RGH method, of course, but you also could do the R-JTAG method. It's somewhat new and it's an alternative to the JTAG method.

Q. What's the best motherboard for the JTAG hack?
A. I would say the Jasper motherboard is the best motherboard. It's the latest of the Phat consoles. Second best is Falcons.

Guides
JTAG tutorial with NAND-X
RGH 2.0 Tutorial
Ultimate Xbox 360 Exploit Guide
JTAG Vs. RGH
Beginners Guide On How To Use a JTAG/RGH
How To Change Your Keyvault
How To FTP To Your JTAG
Buy/Sell/Trade for JTAG/RGH

Contributors
XMonsterModsX XMonsterModsX

Last edited:
XMonsterModsX

XMonsterModsX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Q. What motherboards are in a Phat console?
A. Xenon , Zephyr , Falcon and Jasper.

Q. What motherboards are in a Slim console?
A. Trinity and Corona.

Q. What xbox 360 motherboard can be dual nand?
A. All xbox 360 consoles can be dual nand except the 4gb corona motherboards.

Q. What is Freestyle dashboard?
A. Freestyle dashboard is a alternative to xex menu and dash launch and has many features

FEATURES:
* List Xbox 360 games, XBLA games,XBOX games, GOD Packages, applications, emulators, and launch them.
* Synchronise time via NTP
* Can move items between menus.
* Browse games by genre.
* Favourite games support.
* View recently played games.
* Game details including no of players, resolution, sound etc.
* Full screenshot viewer.
* Preview video for each game.
* Support for background artwork for each title, including boxart, screenshots and icon.
* Use FSD indexer to download artwork (or add manually) and edit the metadata with each game and upload to Xbox 360 either via USB drive or FTP.
* FTP Passive and Active Support.
* FTP speeds now support 10Mb+ to internal HDD.
* FTP working in many more clients.
* File Browser including copying, moving, renaming and deleting files.
* Copy DVD to USB drive or HDD.
* Sounds within user interface.
* Semi-Transparent menus.
* Shows Gamertag / Gamerpic / Gamerscore of current signed-in user on main screen.
* Shows Date and Time in dashboard.
* Shows free disk space on all drives.
* Shows temperatures.
* Show IP address.
* Parental controls which lock down to only showing XBLA games.
* Fully skinable.
* Customizable overscan.
* Source code released too.

A. The methods of getting the hacked console. The JTAG method is relatively easier than the RGH, but the JTAG method is out of date and can only be done on Phat consoles with dashboard 7371 or lower , while console higher than that to 14699 have to be RGHed. Consoles with 14717 or Higher need to have RGH2 or R-JTAG ( Which has been discontinued )

Q. Whats the best RGH chip i should get?
A. TX Coolrunner Rev C , TX CR3 Lite and Squirt 2.0 for Phat consoles. Slims X360 Run , TX Coolrunner Rev C , TX Proto V2. There are other glitch chips out there this is just a few that you can use.

I Will add more soon

Hysteria Mate

Hysteria Mate

Ni Hao Dog
Reaction score
Sin$
Introduction
Welcome to the RGH/JTAG FAQ. First off, it should be noted that the JTAG and RGH methods of hacking your console are two completely different things but they run the same code. Basically, you can pick either method and still get the same console and sweet mods.

RGH
FAQ

Q. What is an RGH?
A. The term RGH stands for Reset Glitch Hack. In order to successfully have an RGH, it requires more soldering and a chip permanently on the motherboard. Free60 "found that by sending a tiny reset pulse to the processor while it is slowed down does not reset it but instead changes the way the code runs".

Q. How much do RGHs cost?
A. $150-$200
The price varies when you take the motherboard revision and accessories into account.

Q. Can RGHs go online?
A. Yes, they can. A service called XBLSE can get you online.

Q. What is my motherboard revision?
A.
9geus5.png

Q. Can I RGH my console?
A. This chart should help you:
XhdwTbx.png

Q. UGH! I need more information! Where can I get it?
A. The Xbox 360 Ultimate Exploit Guide should help you.

Q. What is Dashlaunch and how can I get it?
A. Dashlaunch is almost like an alternative dashboard for your console. This tool is significant because it allows you to run RTE, or Real Time Editing, which is needed in some games like Halo and Call of Duty. If I put a download link, in the future it will become outdated, so Google is your friend.

Q. What do I need to RGH my console?
A. The following list is the necessary:
- Soldering skills
- Flux
- Exploitable console
- NAND-X or an alternative NAND dump chip
-Coolrunner or an alternative RGH chip
-T9 or T10 screw drivers

JTAG
Some FAQs were answered in the RGH portion of the thread.
FAQ

Q. If the JTAG method is out of date, what else could I do?
A. You could see if you can do the RGH method, of course, but you also could do the R-JTAG method. It's somewhat new and it's an alternative to the JTAG method.

Q. What's the best motherboard for the JTAG hack?
A. I would say the Jasper motherboard is the best motherboard. It's the latest of the Phat consoles. Second best is Falcons.

Guides
JTAG tutorial with NAND-X
RGH 2.0 Tutorial
Ultimate Xbox 360 Exploit Guide
JTAG Vs. RGH
Beginners Guide On How To Use a JTAG/RGH
How To Change Your Keyvault
How To FTP To Your JTAG
Buy/Sell/Trade for JTAG/RGH

Contributors
XMonsterModsX XMonsterModsX
Thanks dude. :tongue:

TheWeekendModder

TheWeekendModder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Might I suggest updating the motherboard identification image to include reference to the Xbox 360 Slim E series? Since those are all that is currently in production these days...

I mocked up this image some time ago, and it's probably worth mentioning that there is a new motherboard out there "Winchester" that is likely never going to be RGH'able at all. As far as I know those are only in the blue Slim E bundles that were sold with Fifa 15.

tutorials_clip_image002_0002.jpg

SalaMods

SalaMods

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ought to change the date on the E :tongue: Just thought I would pick fun as the Es were released in 2013.

Have you heard of anyone testing the die on the Winchester? I know they moved the post out, but that has a vital part in the console working, so its there, just where? I want to get my hands on one so I can remove the main BGA and do some testing myself :smile:

TheWeekendModder

TheWeekendModder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Haha sala your right on, I just copied pasted that section from the one to the left so it kept the date. I'm only on a chromebook right now and can't really edit images so maybe somebody can snag the image and update it.

The physical size of the XCGPU is different on the Winchester, it's a couple mm smaller than the old one was so I don't know of anyone having messed with it yet. I think PlayingMax over on the TX forums said he was going to but I never saw any update on that.

15432 did some initial analysis and said he though it was not going to get RGH'd and that dude has been really reliable about this stuff so I figure there are enough other consoles in circulation it won't really be a problem.

SalaMods

SalaMods

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
There has to be some way. I know they changed the die all together, but everything is still the same as the corona, other than the traces and pinouts in and around the die. If I am correct that is the only real part of the motherboard they changed.

I like the thought of this thread and I will be linking my customers here as it shows alot of the info most people ask about!

X

xXpsychoticrage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So why is the falcon cheaper than the jasper? 
Why is the falcon cheaper than the jasper and can both go online with stealth?

TheWeekendModder

TheWeekendModder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Perceived quality dictates the price. And assuming the console is RGH'd or JTAG then yes, they could use stealth.

A

Atelo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I had been PMing some people trying to figure out information but it seems like everyone just expects you to just know whats what and thats it, no help whatsoever mostly :c This thread has shed some light on things, but I have so many questions. I hope you dont mind me asking them here.

Other than the plug being different and "reliability" somehow being better, is there a real difference in the boards?

If I wanted to get either a JTAG/RGH for fun (money doesnt matter to me, so the price of the system is not a matter - I would buy a system, not doing it myself) purposes, basically being able to mod my stats in any games (cod for instance) as well as my friends stats or prestiges/challenges etc, or host fun lobbies / wall hacks / stupid stuff of the sort, which one is better or easier to get on with? Ive seen people turn themselves invincible and fly around the maps or drop characters wherever they wanted, thats the weird kinda stuff Id like to troll ppl with lol.

Also getting online with the 2, what does it really require? I see lots of ppl make it seem impossible, is it actually annoying to do? I mean, I see people online modding allll the time, so I find it hard to believe. Whats the difference in the rgh/jtag to getting online? Do you have to buy stealth for both? What even is stealth and how long does that last? I guess the same question is to be asked about the KVs :/

Sorry its a ton of questions, but Ive been tryina figure this out for a while. I probably have more, but Im not trying to be here all night haha

A

Atelo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It seems to be impossible to get any of these questions answered for a newcomer :c Id love to get into this kind of stuff, but I dont wanna buy one and ruin it right off the bat lol

Top Bottom
Login
Register