Mocking Da Bird

Mocking Da Bird

Guys Below Me Suck
Retired
AzzidReign Jr Hardened Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Introduction
Welcome to the RGH/JTAG FAQ. First off, it should be noted that the JTAG and RGH methods of hacking your console are two completely different things but they run the same code. Basically, you can pick either method and still get the same console and sweet mods.

RGH
FAQ

Q. What is an RGH?
A. The term RGH stands for Reset Glitch Hack. In order to successfully have an RGH, it requires more soldering and a chip permanently on the motherboard. Free60 "found that by sending a tiny reset pulse to the processor while it is slowed down does not reset it but instead changes the way the code runs".

Q. How much do RGHs cost?
A. $150-$200
The price varies when you take the motherboard revision and accessories into account.

Q. Can RGHs go online?
A. Yes, they can. A service called XBLSE can get you online.

Q. What is my motherboard revision?
A.
9geus5.png

Q. Can I RGH my console?
A. This chart should help you:
XhdwTbx.png

Q. UGH! I need more information! Where can I get it?
A. The Xbox 360 Ultimate Exploit Guide should help you.

Q. What is Dashlaunch and how can I get it?
A. Dashlaunch is almost like an alternative dashboard for your console. This tool is significant because it allows you to run RTE, or Real Time Editing, which is needed in some games like Halo and Call of Duty. If I put a download link, in the future it will become outdated, so Google is your friend.

Q. What do I need to RGH my console?
A. The following list is the necessary:
- Soldering skills
- Flux
- Exploitable console
- NAND-X or an alternative NAND dump chip
-Coolrunner or an alternative RGH chip
-T9 or T10 screw drivers

JTAG
Some FAQs were answered in the RGH portion of the thread.
FAQ
Q. Wait a second, what's the difference between an RGH and a JTAG?
A. The methods of getting the hacked console. The JTAG method is relatively easier than the RGH, but the JTAG method is out of date and can only be done on Phat consoles with dashboard 7371 or lower , while console higher than that to 14699 have to be RGHed. Consoles with 14717 or Higher need to have RGH2 or R-JTAG ( Which has been discontinued )

Q. If the JTAG method is out of date, what else could I do?
A. You could see if you can do the RGH method, of course, but you also could do the R-JTAG method. It's somewhat new and it's an alternative to the JTAG method.

Q. What's the best motherboard for the JTAG hack?
A. I would say the Jasper motherboard is the best motherboard. It's the latest of the Phat consoles. Second best is Falcons.

Guides
JTAG tutorial with NAND-X
RGH 2.0 Tutorial
Ultimate Xbox 360 Exploit Guide
JTAG Vs. RGH
Beginners Guide On How To Use a JTAG/RGH
How To Change Your Keyvault
How To FTP To Your JTAG
Buy/Sell/Trade for JTAG/RGH

Contributors
XMonsterModsX

Last edited:
Legit_aaron45

Legit_aaron45

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Can someone help me, I have a rgh, and I finally got console banned, I need help with the KV, and setting it up if someone could help me add me on Skype please thanks. Legit_aaron 
So I had been PMing some people trying to figure out information but it seems like everyone just expects you to just know whats what and thats it, no help whatsoever mostly :c This thread has shed some light on things, but I have so many questions. I hope you dont mind me asking them here.

Other than the plug being different and "reliability" somehow being better, is there a real difference in the boards?

If I wanted to get either a JTAG/RGH for fun (money doesnt matter to me, so the price of the system is not a matter - I would buy a system, not doing it myself) purposes, basically being able to mod my stats in any games (cod for instance) as well as my friends stats or prestiges/challenges etc, or host fun lobbies / wall hacks / stupid stuff of the sort, which one is better or easier to get on with? Ive seen people turn themselves invincible and fly around the maps or drop characters wherever they wanted, thats the weird kinda stuff Id like to troll ppl with lol.

Also getting online with the 2, what does it really require? I see lots of ppl make it seem impossible, is it actually annoying to do? I mean, I see people online modding allll the time, so I find it hard to believe. Whats the difference in the rgh/jtag to getting online? Do you have to buy stealth for both? What even is stealth and how long does that last? I guess the same question is to be asked about the KVs :/

Sorry its a ton of questions, but Ive been tryina figure this out for a while. I probably have more, but Im not trying to be here all night haha
Well Im
Pretty sure there the same getting online, you need stealth, and if your console isn't banned yet then your good you don't need a KV but if your console is banned then you need a KV, and to get online you need xblse or xbls or sOne thing to get online, I have a rgh 
Can someone help me, I have a rgh, and I finally got console banned, I need help with the KV, and setting it up if someone could help me add me on Skype please thanks. Legit_aaron 

Well Im
Pretty sure there the same getting online, you need stealth, and if your console isn't banned yet then your good you don't need a KV but if your console is banned then you need a KV, and to get online you need xblse or xbls or sOne thing to get online, I have a rgh
Also xblse is free right now, and if you console gets banned you have to buy new KV's, I'm new to modding also hah

X

xXpsychoticrage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I had been PMing some people trying to figure out information but it seems like everyone just expects you to just know whats what and thats it, no help whatsoever mostly :c This thread has shed some light on things, but I have so many questions. I hope you dont mind me asking them here.

Other than the plug being different and "reliability" somehow being better, is there a real difference in the boards?

If I wanted to get either a JTAG/RGH for fun (money doesnt matter to me, so the price of the system is not a matter - I would buy a system, not doing it myself) purposes, basically being able to mod my stats in any games (cod for instance) as well as my friends stats or prestiges/challenges etc, or host fun lobbies / wall hacks / stupid stuff of the sort, which one is better or easier to get on with? Ive seen people turn themselves invincible and fly around the maps or drop characters wherever they wanted, thats the weird kinda stuff Id like to troll ppl with lol.

Also getting online with the 2, what does it really require? I see lots of ppl make it seem impossible, is it actually annoying to do? I mean, I see people online modding allll the time, so I find it hard to believe. Whats the difference in the rgh/jtag to getting online? Do you have to buy stealth for both? What even is stealth and how long does that last? I guess the same question is to be asked about the KVs :/

Sorry its a ton of questions, but Ive been tryina figure this out for a while. I probably have more, but Im not trying to be here all night haha

Stealth is the way to get online there are 2 providers I know of like Xbl stealth and Xbl sable but the Jack asses from stealth took down sables website on account of it being cheaper so ya.. And how long it lasts is depending on how long you buy it for the websites I said have prices and times listed.
Kv is basically your xbox/online status from what I understand but when you caught modding you can get banned the chance is always there when you are banned you kv is fked ad you need to buy a new one the cheapest place to buy them is apparition net a up and coming rte tool there website has people selling them also yes you must buy stealth for rgh/jtag and the difference is jtag is older and harder to come by very likely to find rgh. And for the type of modded console dose not really madder just don't buy a xenon or zephyr there the very low ones jasper or falcon good choice best choice would be a dual nand witch is kind of a 2 in one console your press a button and your on your jtag/rgh press it again your on a retail xbox that you can go on live with.

I

insanexo

Reaction score
Sin$
Anybody mind pointing me to where i can buy an rgh slim ( in the forums or elsewhere) might not be the place to ask and if its not I'm sorry but I'm new and don't know where else to ask

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Anybody mind pointing me to where i can buy an rgh slim ( in the forums or elsewhere) might not be the place to ask and if its not I'm sorry but I'm new and don't know where else to ask
Check the shop out in my Sig

T

THA7 HACKER GUY

Reaction score
Sin$
It seems to be impossible to get any of these questions answered for a newcomer :c Id love to get into this kind of stuff, but I dont wanna buy one and ruin it right off the bat lol

I have been modding xbox 360 consoles for 6 years now and have done every disk drive and motherboard hack there is,
having said that I have never even delved into taking a modded console online.

I have seen a lot of talk on internet about stealth a KV's also.

what I can tell you is that it sounds true, KV's (key vaults) are where your consoles unique information is stored,
basically your consoles ID TAG, it would make sense to swap it out if your console is banned.

where to buy stealth or even find a tutorial on how to use it seems to be difficult though.

I am interested in this also if you find a TUT plz post the link.

Except Haxs

Except Haxs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Q: would i be able to r-jtag with any of the motherboards that are specified as r-jtag able on the latest dashboard update?

W

Wokas3

Reaction score
Sin$
I have a phat falcon with dash 2.0.17349.0 I'm using the rgh method as I was told that's the only one I can use does it matter what kind nand I get coolrunner or do I need certain ones ?

Except Haxs

Except Haxs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a phat falcon with dash 2.0.17349.0 I'm using the rgh method as I was told that's the only one I can use does it matter what kind nand I get coolrunner or do I need certain ones ?
i learned that as long as your instaling a cr4 you could do rgh or r-jtag and pm me for the links

H

Hazz1234

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Introduction
Welcome to the RGH/JTAG FAQ. First off, it should be noted that the JTAG and RGH methods of hacking your console are two completely different things but they run the same code. Basically, you can pick either method and still get the same console and sweet mods.

RGH
FAQ

Q. What is an RGH?
A. The term RGH stands for Reset Glitch Hack. In order to successfully have an RGH, it requires more soldering and a chip permanently on the motherboard. Free60 "found that by sending a tiny reset pulse to the processor while it is slowed down does not reset it but instead changes the way the code runs".

Q. How much do RGHs cost?
A. $150-$200
The price varies when you take the motherboard revision and accessories into account.

Q. Can RGHs go online?
A. Yes, they can. A service called XBLSE can get you online.

Q. What is my motherboard revision?
A.
9geus5.png

Q. Can I RGH my console?
A. This chart should help you:
XhdwTbx.png

Q. UGH! I need more information! Where can I get it?
A. The Xbox 360 Ultimate Exploit Guide should help you.

Q. What is Dashlaunch and how can I get it?
A. Dashlaunch is almost like an alternative dashboard for your console. This tool is significant because it allows you to run RTE, or Real Time Editing, which is needed in some games like Halo and Call of Duty. If I put a download link, in the future it will become outdated, so Google is your friend.

Q. What do I need to RGH my console?
A. The following list is the necessary:
- Soldering skills
- Flux
- Exploitable console
- NAND-X or an alternative NAND dump chip
-Coolrunner or an alternative RGH chip
-T9 or T10 screw drivers

JTAG
Some FAQs were answered in the RGH portion of the thread.
FAQ
Q. Wait a second, what's the difference between an RGH and a JTAG?
A. The methods of getting the hacked console. The JTAG method is relatively easier than the RGH, but the JTAG method is out of date and can only be done on Phat consoles with dashboard 7371 or lower , while console higher than that to 14699 have to be RGHed. Consoles with 14717 or Higher need to have RGH2 or R-JTAG ( Which has been discontinued )

Q. If the JTAG method is out of date, what else could I do?
A. You could see if you can do the RGH method, of course, but you also could do the R-JTAG method. It's somewhat new and it's an alternative to the JTAG method.

Q. What's the best motherboard for the JTAG hack?
A. I would say the Jasper motherboard is the best motherboard. It's the latest of the Phat consoles. Second best is Falcons.

Guides
JTAG tutorial with NAND-X
RGH 2.0 Tutorial
Ultimate Xbox 360 Exploit Guide
JTAG Vs. RGH
Beginners Guide On How To Use a JTAG/RGH
How To Change Your Keyvault
How To FTP To Your JTAG
Buy/Sell/Trade for JTAG/RGH

Contributors
XMonsterModsX
Hey I'm trying to setup xbox 360 stealth on my rgh trinty I've put it on my console already and renamed it to XBLStealth.xex and put it in plugin 1 i saved the settings on dash launch then i reboot my console I turn it of then back on. It's gets to the part where the Xbox 360 sign comes up then it just turns right back of again. Some please help what have I done wrong please help.

Top Bottom
Login
Register