What's new

Solved RGH/Jtag Coolrunner?

R

RJVegeto

Reaction score
So i had a thread (link)for this archived cause I guess it went unused for too long, but I still need some help.
I was told I'll need to use a Cool runner Rev C and the JR programmer v2. Using the TeamXecuter trusted sites list, I found a couple JR programmers, but absolutely no one has any stock of the cool runners. I don't want to end up with a faulty/fake clone by using eBay or something. If someone has a trusted link to where I can get a cool runner Rev C (or D I guess? Not sure which is better) I would be very thankful. I'm sorry if this thread is seen as spam.

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
So i had a thread (link)for this archived cause I guess it went unused for too long, but I still need some help.
I was told I'll need to use a Cool runner Rev C and the JR programmer v2. Using the TeamXecuter trusted sites list, I found a couple JR programmers, but absolutely no one has any stock of the cool runners. I don't want to end up with a faulty/fake clone by using eBay or something. If someone has a trusted link to where I can get a cool runner Rev C (or D I guess? Not sure which is better) I would be very thankful. I'm sorry if this thread is seen as spam.
Which motherboard are you working with?

R

RJVegeto

Reaction score
If you trust this seller then I guess I'll go with these. Thank you :smile:

R

RJVegeto

Reaction score
Okay now I seriously need some advice because I WILL fail.
I'm at the point where I'll be soldering the TX Coolrunner to my xbox motherboard, but following the guide (link) I'm using, they point out that I need to solder it to some unimaginably small and very easy to screw up point. To be honest I didn't do very well soldering the JR Programmer to the board but I did in the end, and I had already thought those would be the hard spots for a novice at soldering. I've seen some threads mentioning "Alternate" solder points for the CR, but the threads are either old or have dead links as to where these solder points are. If anyone can help, it would be REALLY appreciated, as I'm very close to getting this setup finished.

I'll keep looking into it in the meanwhile, but my friend, who is better at soldering than I am, said I'm pretty much f**ked if either he or I even attempt it.

R

RJVegeto

Reaction score
So I got everything soldered in and now I've run into a new problem, that which I fear I won't recover from.

I was trying to use different timing files (because none of them were working). Then after trying one of the files from the "if_you_mad" folder of the RGH1.2 files, the console wouldn't shut off after I realized that yet another timing file failed to work. I unplugged the console and now it refuses to turn back on. I'm at a loss.

Top Bottom