• Thread starter zeekiel
  • Start date
  • Views 3,178
zeekiel

zeekiel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a jasper 512mb console. i have used 2 different programmers which i have used on numerous systems. have changed all my wired leads. and even updated the dashboard.
I keep getting bad nand dumps. with errors. i have done 16 nand dumps and not a single one matched any. any ideas on this.

Metal

Metal

Take This Life
Hidden Devils
Grizzled Veteran Grammar Nazi Gifter
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a jasper 512mb console. i have used 2 different programmers which i have used on numerous systems. have changed all my wired leads. and even updated the dashboard.
I keep getting bad nand dumps. with errors. i have done 16 nand dumps and not a single one matched any. any ideas on this.
Not that this helps you, but I would have smashed it against the wall and seen if that works. I hate 512's that don't cooperate. Takes too long to read. I'd just trim the programming wires and use fresh. If still don't work, then smash it. (Kidding of course.)

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$

Let's see the pics of your soldering!

zeekiel

zeekiel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i know its not my soldering. i have redone soldering on it a few times now as i have installed 3 new sets of wires onto the board. i am actually gonna try and clear out the holes completely and install brand new solder into all of them. and hope for the best.
i can add some picture if you still like i use kynar 28awg

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
i know its not my soldering. i have redone soldering on it a few times now as i have installed 3 new sets of wires onto the board. i am actually gonna try and clear out the holes completely and install brand new solder into all of them. and hope for the best.
i can add some picture if you still like i use kynar 28awg

Yep, gotta see the pics.

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Try this man. Take some left over cap legs (from cr4's work nicely) or any Resister or led legs and solder them onto your jrp nand connector or whatever programmer you use. Then actually stick them through the board slightly when soldering to nand points

zeekiel

zeekiel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I actually did that with a clip for my ground wire. Works amazing. I'll post pics of my soldering later tonight gonna got busy yesterday. Also remove and install new solder as it was a release xbox

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
cool hopefully that helps you get better reads. btw the phrase "i know its not my soldering" is a classic no no in regards to rgh forums.:wink: Especially when not showing pics. lol

zeekiel

zeekiel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I do circuitry repair as a secondary job so soldering is big for me . From mame boards to car amps. And I know a lot of people do say that's it not. But I can guarantee its not mine .

XeDK

XeDK

XeDK
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Some consoles come from the factory with a few bad blocks show a log of JRunner. 
Not that this helps you, but I would have smashed it against the wall and seen if that works. I hate 512's that don't cooperate. Takes too long to read. I'd just trim the programming wires and use fresh. If still don't work, then smash it. (Kidding of course.)
You don't need to read the full nand I'm sure you know that.

Kazr

Kazr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i'm with you on that, i wanted to smash both the 512mb consoles i did, i was doing full reads though, took me 2 days to get all the reads on one of them cause it was that stubborn, don't help my soldering sucks lol. my hands shake really bad so i find it hard to get the points perfect

zeekiel

zeekiel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes i am aware. Just took picture of how I currently have it soldered

XfUEYN.jpg

jUXC6r.jpg

I always smoke when i solder helps keep me more steady but get more shaky on long soldering project . 
I just extracted all solder with a pump and re soldered the holes with programmer dumping now with some hope!

zeekiel

zeekiel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes i am aware. Just took picture of how I currently have it soldered

XfUEYN.jpg

jUXC6r.jpg
I always smoke when i solder helps keep me more steady but get more shaky onlyrics on long projects.I just extracted all solder with a pump and re soldered the holes with programmer dumping now with some hope! And normally I dont get bad blocks but it's not bad blocks it's the nand comparison saying bad match

Kazr

Kazr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
that board is really dirty, is it possible theres some dust in one of the joints causing the error? as for my shaking i need to smoke too stop that but i don't like smoking so i avoid them.

zeekiel

zeekiel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Connections are clean .just cleaned joints completely after last dump and put 100% new solder and still dumps don't match 
Next for me would go solder it into the ba k of the board and hope for the best.i will give it another clean with some rubbing alcohol as well as a precaucion ad well. This board is really pissing me off .

Kazr

Kazr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Connections are clean .just cleaned joints completely after last dump and put 100% new solder and still dumps don't match 
Next for me would go solder it into the ba k of the board and hope for the best.i will give it another clean with some rubbing alcohol as well as a precaucion ad well. This board is really pissing me off .
are you extending on all of the joints? anyways, if it keeps failing try another console with a small nand, if you have a old board with the rrod of something just test on that will save a lot of time, some boards, you could try removing all the solder then scratching against the edges of the holes till shiny then soldering it again, i use resin core solder, good flux and make sure points are perfect to ensure best connection but from what i see you know how to solder so good luck with getting a connection i would have thrown it out the window at this point.

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Are you getting error or bad blocks on both reads? And said your not trying to dump entire full nand didn't you?

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
And if your having same results even after switching to resistor legs and going through the board like I suggested I would say your reader is possible going out. Do you have a jrp. V2 to try?

zeekiel

zeekiel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I am using rousing core Flux with liquid flux. Have done other xbox with the programmers while doing this one. And I am getting bad blocks .
Keep getting error 209c(I believe it was) ill post log in a few minutes. They give me same to different errors. But with different was doing a quick solder job. Same errors with proper solder.

Top Bottom
Login
Register