• Thread starter Oblivion
  • Start date
  • Views 1,209
Oblivion

Oblivion

Free Remote Recoveries <3
Reaction score
Sin$
My console has been acting up lately and I have no idea why. I mean acting up as in freezing a lot.

Any ideas? Help would be appreciated. :smile:

Oblivion

Oblivion

Reaction score
Sin$
Can you try unplugging all HDDs and flash drives, disabling all plugins, rebooting the console and letting it sit at the default dashboard to see if it freezes?
So I haven't froze on the dashboard, so far. Once I hop onto Black Ops 2 and go into a local game it freezes.

So when I plug a USB or HDD into my Console I freeze. Sort of narrowed it down I suppose.

s76574

s76574

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I haven't froze on the dashboard, so far. Once I hop onto Black Ops 2 and go into a local game it freezes.

So when I plug a USB or HDD into my Console I freeze. Sort of narrowed it down I suppose.
I think you should try completely resetting the xbox and deleting everything off (and backup games folder etc) if that doesnt work it could be a hardware problem

Oblivion

Oblivion

Reaction score
Sin$
I think you should try completely resetting the xbox and deleting everything off (and backup games folder etc) if that doesnt work it could be a hardware problem
How would I completely reset my Xbox? I've taken off everything except xex menu.

Timotjee v6

Timotjee v6

#1 Se7ensins PS3 Hoster!
Reaction score
Sin$
Is it getting really hot? if so get your thermal paste reapplied.. I did that to mine and it stopped freezing.

C

Convey

Reaction score
Sin$
Try Formatting your HDD,Mostly I had your same problem I froze on BO2 like all the time it was the server and menu that kept messing it up so I would change to a different menu and server tbh

Oblivion

Oblivion

Reaction score
Sin$
Try Formatting your HDD,Mostly I had your same problem I froze on BO2 like all the time it was the server and menu that kept messing it up so I would change to a different menu and server tbh
I use NiNJA, and honestly I've seen no one else ever have a problem with that server.

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
If it's freezing while playing the a game with no hard drive, its the console itself. Replacing the thermal paste as stated above may help, but it's probably a dying GPU issue. Probably about time for a new one.

Top Bottom
Login
Register