• Thread starter Oblivion
  • Start date
  • Views 1,206
Oblivion

Oblivion

Free Remote Recoveries <3
Reaction score
Sin$
My console has been acting up lately and I have no idea why. I mean acting up as in freezing a lot.

Any ideas? Help would be appreciated. :smile:

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
My console has been acting up lately and I have no idea why. I mean acting up as in freezing a lot.

Any ideas? Help would be appreciated. :smile:
Have you been watching to see if your temperatures are getting too high?

Is it only when using certain mods or is it all the time?

Oblivion

Oblivion

Reaction score
Sin$
Have you been watching to see if your temperatures are getting too high?

Is it only when using certain mods or is it all the time?
I was also meaning to ask that, the temperatures seem to get high, and I have no idea how to control fan speed other than through Freestyle Dash. Still clueless.

Edit: Also yeah, it even freezes at dashboard, xex menu, freestyle dash, and probably everywhere. lol

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I was also meaning to ask that, the temperatures seem to get high, and I have no idea how to control fan speed other than through Freestyle Dash. Still clueless.
You can always change your fan speed via XeBuild and then flash. That way it will be at the set temperature even as it is booting up. If it's a Phat, 12v fan mods are pretty easy to do.

Oblivion

Oblivion

Reaction score
Sin$
You can always change your fan speed via XeBuild and then flash. That way it will be at the set temperature even as it is booting up. If it's a Phat, 12v fan mods are pretty easy to do.
Alright, I mean I'll try it. Probably will come back on here asking again if it doesn't work.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright, I mean I'll try it. Probably will come back on here asking again if it doesn't work.
For sure. In all honesty, it could be something entirely different than just it getting too hot. I would say do the XeBuild thing before considering doing a 12v mod as the XeBuild method has a sliding scale for fan speed like FSD does whereas at least from the 12v fan mods I've seen, it's just one speed. Cooling one of my consoles in this manner lowered my rate of freezes, and I hope it works for you.

I'm sure someone else will weigh in though with perhaps a more likely-to-succeed aid.

Oblivion

Oblivion

Reaction score
Sin$
For sure. In all honesty, it could be something entirely different than just it getting too hot. I would say do the XeBuild thing before considering doing a 12v mod as the XeBuild method has a sliding scale for fan speed like FSD does whereas at least from the 12v fan mods I've seen, it's just one speed. Cooling one of my consoles in this manner lowered my rate of freezes, and I hope it works for you.

I'm sure someone else will weigh in though with perhaps a more likely-to-succeed aid.
I've changed the fan speed to 100 and now it's at 100 all the time. Now it's freezing more frequently.

Is it a problem with something in my HDD or something. I can't even do a recovery before being frozen and having to reboot my console, it's very aggravating.

Oblivion

Oblivion

Reaction score
Sin$
Still need help with my RGH freezing.

It freezes mostly when it says "Ninja - Connected to Live!"
This is what happens in-game.

s76574

s76574

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Still need help with my RGH freezing.

It freezes mostly when it says "Ninja - Connected to Live!"
This is what happens in-game.

100 might be taking too much voltage, mine is set to 70 i think, and it freezes less then it used too

also what are your plugins?

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I guess so, but I mean I've legit tried everything everyone has ever told me, and nothing has worked.
Does it freeze without any modding? It's probably a conflict between menus. I would start with nothing, and put on one plugin at a time until you figure out what's causing it to freeze. Probably the menu you are using conflicting with ninja.

Oblivion

Oblivion

Reaction score
Sin$
Does it freeze without any modding? It's probably a conflict between menus. I would start with nothing, and put on one plugin at a time until you figure out what's causing it to freeze. Probably the menu you are using conflicting with ninja.
Well it still freezes without menu on hdd on dashboard.

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
Can you try unplugging all HDDs and flash drives, disabling all plugins, rebooting the console and letting it sit at the default dashboard to see if it freezes?

Oblivion

Oblivion

Reaction score
Sin$
Can you try unplugging all HDDs and flash drives, disabling all plugins, rebooting the console and letting it sit at the default dashboard to see if it freezes?
I'll try this. 
What you should do is smash the sh*t out of it.

On a real note, is it any plugins that you are running?
No plugins, I don't have anything on the HDD except XeX menu

Top Bottom
Login
Register