What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Question RGH "FATAL CRASH INTERCEPTED" when trying to run original XBox games.

• Thread starter rushpage
  • Start date
  • Views 4,547
R

rushpage

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey.

I've got an RGH 360 that works flawlessly but I can't get it to run original XBox games.

I've already got the HDDX partition and have updated the compatibility files there, deleting the old ones. I know the XISO is good as it runs on XEMU on my PC.

Long and short, when I start the game, the original XBOX logo comes up then the screen goes black. It comes up again then the FATAL CRASH INTERCEPTED message pops up.

This happens regardless of if I launch in XeXMenu or in Freestyle 3.0.

I have no plugins running.

Dash is 17150 as is the kernal.

The games in question are Battlefront and Battlefront II, which are both reported as being backwards compatible.

TIA!

R

rushpage

Reaction score
Sin$
I've also tried a couple of original XBox discs (Rainbow 6 and Splinter Cell) in the machine - same results. XBox logo screen displayed, black, Xbox logo screen displayed then FATAL error.

I've even completely reformatted the HDDX partition and installed the latest compatibility files - no change.

Help?

Last edited:
Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Scaling the Mountain Beginning of An Odyssey Bright Idea
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Update your dash to 17559 properly and then you need the original Xbox partition maker ran on the hdd… follow the tutorial below for this and make sure the games are in the backwards compatible list on the wikis.

R

rushpage

Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you.

Just want to be sure - will updating the dash to 17559 impact any of the content I have on the HDD now? I do have all the 360 games I want on there already and would hate to lose them.

s o n n y

s o n n y

Premium
Premium
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you.

Just want to be sure - will updating the dash to 17559 impact any of the content I have on the HDD now? I do have all the 360 games I want on there already and would hate to lose them.
it wont impact anything, your games etc will be fine

F

fredwardtheman85

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi i have the exact same issue and i am on the latest dash. I have no plugins enabled and every original xbox game does not load getting the same error “fatal crash intercepted!” Im on a jtag xbox 360 and everything else works perfect. I have reformatted my internal hard drive and used external drives to launch the og xbox games with same results. I have also reflashed the nand as well and still same issues. Xbox games used to work with the old dashboard, I forgot what version it was before updating to the current one. I also tried different compatibility folders with same results. Any other suggestions?

F

fredwardtheman85

Reaction score
Sin$
Does anyone have any solutions on this issue? Its defiantly an odd one.

J

jueremil

Reaction score
Sin$
Ey.

Tengo un RGH 360 que funciona perfectamente pero no puedo ejecutar juegos originales de XBox.

Ya tengo la partición HDDX y actualicé los archivos de compatibilidad allí, eliminando los antiguos. Sé que XISO es bueno porque se ejecuta en XEMU en mi PC.

En resumen, cuando inicio el juego, aparece el logotipo original de XBOX y luego la pantalla se vuelve negra. Vuelve a aparecer y luego aparece el mensaje FATAL CRASH INTERCEPTED.

Esto sucede independientemente de si inicio en XeXMenu o en Freestyle 3.0.

No tengo complementos en ejecución.

Dash es 17150 al igual que el kernel.

Los juegos en cuestión son Battlefront y Battlefront II, y ambos son compatibles con versiones anteriores.

TÍA!
desconectaste tu xbox de wifi

gunn1e

gunn1e

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Just a tip, Your box wont update without your HDD connected.

Top Bottom
Login
Register