What's new

Solved RGH Content backup help

• Thread starter RaPlOp2
  • Start date
  • Views 158
R

RaPlOp2

Reaction score
I have a Xbox 360 S RGH console with FSD3 that is running just fine but it’s not getting any younger. I’d like to get a later revision of the XBOX as a backup and do a fresh install and add Aurora.

Firstly I’d like to backup my profile and Game saves, and I understand that all this stuff is found in the ”content” folder. I also believe that the content folder also includes loads of other content. I specifically want to know what folders have the game saves and profiles in them, so I can just copy them over. I’ve got part of the answer from other sources but never quite enough info for me to do anything with certainty. There are a few things that I found while searching that I wanted to double check are correct and I was hoping you guys could help me.

1) The NXE dash has the function to backup the profile and saves among other things to other storage, but I read somewhere that if you have a RGH/JTAG console with FSD/Aurora it’s best to use xexmenu instead of the Microsoft dash to backup these things, as doing so may cause issues. Is this true?

2) I read that moving this content to another console should be seamless and I won’t need to do anything as the saves are tied to my profile and not my console. Is this true?

I’ve been out of the loop for ages so I’ve forgotten most things RGH, so if the answers are covered in some tutorials you can link I’d be very greatful for a shove in the right direction.

Thank you

G

Gamesharkcdx

Reaction score
I have a hdd copier which I just insert the original hdd and the backup and hit copy, it seems to do the job quicker than most other options, way back in the earlier years I backed up via ftp and then re-uploaded to the new hdd but it takes way longer and time is money friend.

A

afterjo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
transfering via FTP would be optimal. With wired connection speeds are ~10MB/s. Since xbox usb speeds are about 16MB/s, so not much winning there.
using pc with usb to sata adapter would be fastest way, xbox hdd connected to pc.

R

RaPlOp2

Reaction score
I have a hdd copier which I just insert the original hdd and the backup and hit copy, it seems to do the job quicker than most other options, way back in the earlier years I backed up via ftp and then re-uploaded to the new hdd but it takes way longer and time is money friend.

I have a hard drive dock also and I could clone the 750gb drive to the 2tb I want to put in, but I really just wanted to know the specific folders the profile and game saves are in.
I really want to do a clean install to be honest, to refresh my memory on how things are done.
cheers for commenting, hopefully someone will know the answer

R

RaPlOp2

Reaction score
Finally found the answer, so thought it would be of benefit to add it here.
Thanks again for the help guys

Go to:
-“Data Partition”
–“Content”
—Browse to your profile folder: “E0000************”
–Open up “FFFE07D1” folder
-Then open your “00010000”

Top Bottom