• Thread starter Azzeh
  • Start date
  • Views 675
Azzeh

Azzeh

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello,

As the title states, my console refuses to boot, and I have indeed Googled the issue which came up with either a PSU, RF Board, or USB driver issue.

It is none of the above.

The console will boot *some* times, but it won't get into Xell, or the OS. The fans will spin up at 100% and there is a green flashing dot on the RF module. The Matrix Glitcher light comes on and off at times randomly.

Could this be bad soldering work on my end?

Edit: The power brick stays orange most of the time, but when it happens to boot at that weird state, it goes to green.

J

Just1n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If this is an attempt at RGHing your console, then it could be your soldering may need some touch up. A little more info will help narrow down the issue

Azzeh

Azzeh

Reaction score
Sin$
If this is an attempt at RGHing your console, then it could be your soldering may need some touch up. A little more info will help narrow down the issue

I had RGHed it ~2 hours before this happened. I decided to screw in the casing again and apparently this happened.

Looking at it, if I press on the DVD drive enough, the fans spinning at 100% and light flashing happens.

Connecting the JR-Programmer v2 to the soldered wires (Which I kept on in case I needed to reflash) and querying the console details/type fails with "Flash Config: 0x00000000".

J

Just1n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I had RGHed it ~2 hours before this happened. I decided to screw in the casing again and apparently this happened.

Looking at it, if I press on the DVD drive enough, the fans spinning at 100% and light flashing happens.

Connecting the JR-Programmer v2 to the soldered wires (Which I kept on in case I needed to reflash) and querying the console details/type fails with "Flash Config: 0x00000000".
It seems that when you placed the console back together, the dvd drive or case may have moved the wires. So try to resolder the connections in such a way that it won’t be touched or moved when you put it back together

Azzeh

Azzeh

Reaction score
Sin$
It seems that when you placed the console back together, the dvd drive or case may have moved the wires. So try to resolder the connections in such a way that it won’t be touched or moved when you put it back together

Hmm, alright -- I'll try resoldering it in the morning.

(Also, looking at the TX forums, it appears that it could also be R4B24 having blown itself)

Azzeh

Azzeh

Reaction score
Sin$

Resoldering managed to get the fans 100% and no-boot away, but now it doesn't even do anything. It simply sits there and beeps, no light on the glitcher this time.

Azzeh

Azzeh

Reaction score
Sin$
Resoldering managed to get the fans 100% and no-boot away, but now it doesn't even do anything. It simply sits there and beeps, no light on the glitcher this time.

Update: I can get it to boot sometimes now, but when I do get it to boot, it RDOD's after the light on the glitcher flashes once

Update #2: The bottom POST point is dead. Putting the glitcher on the top (Under GPU heatsink) POST point seems to make the glitcher light up all the time, but I still get an RDOD

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register