• Thread starter C11H15NO2
  • Start date
  • Views 886
C

C11H15NO2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so I am wanting to do the rgh to one of my consoles. I have an old falcon that has a disc drive that wont read discs.

Is this suitable to use for the rgh or do I need a working disc drive?

Like after the rgh is done will I be able to install games for a hdd?

coolbunnymodz

coolbunnymodz

The Original Bunny
Programmer 10th Anniversary Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
It's suitable yes, but if you're gonna want to install games to your HDD you're going to need to hook up your HDD to your computer via SATA cable, and then you'll be able to do as you please.

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It's suitable yes, but if you're gonna want to install games to your HDD you're going to need to hook up your HDD to your computer via SATA cable, and then you'll be able to do as you please.
Or you can FTP the games over. No need for a disk drive OP.

C

C11H15NO2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Or you can FTP the games over. No need for a disk drive OP.
Thanks guys. Thats mad my day. BTW what is the best rgh chip to use with the falcon?

coolbunnymodz

coolbunnymodz

The Original Bunny
Programmer 10th Anniversary Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hopefully it comes soon. I seen that it has been expected for several months now. Is there any more info on when it will be available do you know?
Google it and using the news tab is gonna be your best bet, keep your fingers crossed it'll be out sooner rather than later!

C

C11H15NO2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Google it and using the news tab is gonna be your best bet, keep your fingers crossed it'll be out sooner rather than later!
Just one thing you said earlier confused me a little. you can connect you hdd to the pc via sata.
Did you mean external usb hard drive, or xbox hdd?

DwightSchrute

DwightSchrute

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Care to explain how to connect the xbox hdd via sata, or maybe just a link to a good tut?

I have found tuts. No need for a link.

EDIT: Also why does it have to be sata, can you not just use a transfer cable?
you could use a transfer cable, or you could just use an external hdd and not have to mess with taking the hdd off/out of your rgh

DwightSchrute

DwightSchrute

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So basically, a rgh can read of a hard drive like an xkey? How does it work, are the games booted from a menu, ie. xexmenu?
somewhat like an xk3y, you have to extract the iso file so you have all the game files not just "GTA V.iso". and yes XeXMenu is what most people use, or 360 neighborhood.

C

C11H15NO2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
somewhat like an xk3y, you have to extract the iso file so you have all the game files not just "GTA V.iso". and yes XeXMenu is what most people use, or 360 neighborhood.
Ah ok thats cool. So I create a folder called games, the sub folders with game titles. Then each title will contain all the extracted files for that specific game?

Top Bottom
Login
Register