Solved rgh @ broken disc drive?

• Thread starter C11H15NO2
  • Start date
  • Views 565
C

C11H15NO2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so I am wanting to do the rgh to one of my consoles. I have an old falcon that has a disc drive that wont read discs.

Is this suitable to use for the rgh or do I need a working disc drive?

Like after the rgh is done will I be able to install games for a hdd?

C

coolbunnymodz

The Original Bunny
Reaction score
It's suitable yes, but if you're gonna want to install games to your HDD you're going to need to hook up your HDD to your computer via SATA cable, and then you'll be able to do as you please.

H

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Staff
Reaction score
It's suitable yes, but if you're gonna want to install games to your HDD you're going to need to hook up your HDD to your computer via SATA cable, and then you'll be able to do as you please.
Or you can FTP the games over. No need for a disk drive OP.

H

HuskerHeaven

Staff
Reaction score
everytime i ftp a game it doesnt transfer right and doesn't work.
Sounds like a problem on your end. Your probably going WiFi from a laptop, to WiFi on your Xbox.

D

DwightSchrute

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a problem on your end. Your probably going WiFi from a laptop, to WiFi on your Xbox.
desktop* but yes thats it. i assumed that as i was typing that post lol.

C

C11H15NO2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or you can FTP the games over. No need for a disk drive OP.
Thanks guys. Thats mad my day. BTW what is the best rgh chip to use with the falcon?

H

HuskerHeaven

Staff
Reaction score
Wait on the Cr4. You can use a rev c with RGH2, inconsistent boot times though.

C

C11H15NO2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait on the Cr4. You can use a rev c with RGH2, inconsistent boot times though.
Hopefully it comes soon. I seen that it has been expected for several months now. Is there any more info on when it will be available do you know?

C

coolbunnymodz

The Original Bunny
Reaction score
Hopefully it comes soon. I seen that it has been expected for several months now. Is there any more info on when it will be available do you know?
Google it and using the news tab is gonna be your best bet, keep your fingers crossed it'll be out sooner rather than later!

C

C11H15NO2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Google it and using the news tab is gonna be your best bet, keep your fingers crossed it'll be out sooner rather than later!
Just one thing you said earlier confused me a little. you can connect you hdd to the pc via sata.
Did you mean external usb hard drive, or xbox hdd?

C

coolbunnymodz

The Original Bunny
Reaction score
Just one thing you said earlier confused me a little. you can connect you hdd to the pc via sata.
Did you mean external usb hard drive, or xbox hdd?
I meant the xbox HDD.

C

C11H15NO2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I meant the xbox HDD.

Care to explain how to connect the xbox hdd via sata, or maybe just a link to a good tut?

I have found tuts. No need for a link.

EDIT: Also why does it have to be sata, can you not just use a transfer cable?

Last edited:
D

DwightSchrute

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Care to explain how to connect the xbox hdd via sata, or maybe just a link to a good tut?

I have found tuts. No need for a link.

EDIT: Also why does it have to be sata, can you not just use a transfer cable?
you could use a transfer cable, or you could just use an external hdd and not have to mess with taking the hdd off/out of your rgh

C

C11H15NO2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you could use a transfer cable, or you could just use an external hdd and not have to mess with taking the hdd off/out of your rgh
So basically, a rgh can read of a hard drive like an xkey? How does it work, are the games booted from a menu, ie. xexmenu?

D

DwightSchrute

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So basically, a rgh can read of a hard drive like an xkey? How does it work, are the games booted from a menu, ie. xexmenu?
somewhat like an xk3y, you have to extract the iso file so you have all the game files not just "GTA V.iso". and yes XeXMenu is what most people use, or 360 neighborhood.

C

C11H15NO2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
somewhat like an xk3y, you have to extract the iso file so you have all the game files not just "GTA V.iso". and yes XeXMenu is what most people use, or 360 neighborhood.
Ah ok thats cool. So I create a folder called games, the sub folders with game titles. Then each title will contain all the extracted files for that specific game?

D

DwightSchrute

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah ok thats cool. So I create a folder called games, the sub folders with game titles. Then each title will contain all the extracted files for that specific game?
yep exactly that.

Top Bottom