What's new

Solved RGH Booting question

• Thread starter TheCynicalKitty
  • Start date
  • Views 223
T

TheCynicalKitty

Reaction score
So iv a xbox 360, and its RGH I believe it has a cool runner chip inside of it, not opened it in YEARS as iv not the propper tools for it, but what i do know is it doesn't like to boot sometimes / fails its boot cycle, I believe its a 1.0 RGH mod (Not entirely sure), I bought it pre RGH'd I only swapped the case on it, Is there anyway i can possibly change the chip or anything to have it boot more consistently, If so how hard would that be, Would i have to dump the nand all over again etc as i dont have to tools for that atm, Im just looking for a more consistent boot time.

Last edited:
X

XboxMaster420

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will need to dump the nand I believe. Seems like a timing file issue as it does boot but not every time.

C

Cryptic7s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What tools would be needed for that.
You would need to swap the glitch chip out for a more reliable chip, OR change the RGH install method. If it's RGH1 usually that would be instaboot anyway, which is curious. Do you have a copy of your original nand? If so, load it and see what the original Dash was, and if it has a Split CB. if it has a single CB, it's RGH1 and you'd need to revert it to stock, update dash then RGH again for RGH1.2, if it has a Dual CB, it's RGH2 or RGH1.2 already, and you just need to mess with the timing files. JR Programmer v2, Nand-X, or equivalent is needed for your nand, changing timing file requires a JRP, Nand-X or modified Matrix nand reader to program the chip.

T

TheCynicalKitty

Reaction score
You would need to swap the glitch chip out for a more reliable chip, OR change the RGH install method. If it's RGH1 usually that would be instaboot anyway, which is curious. Do you have a copy of your original nand? If so, load it and see what the original Dash was, and if it has a Split CB. if it has a single CB, it's RGH1 and you'd need to revert it to stock, update dash then RGH again for RGH1.2, if it has a Dual CB, it's RGH2 or RGH1.2 already, and you just need to mess with the timing files. JR Programmer v2, Nand-X, or equivalent is needed for your nand, changing timing file requires a JRP, Nand-X or modified Matrix nand reader to program the chip.
I dont have the original nand :frown:, I do believe its a 2.0 RGH, would there be any easy way to verify that ?

C

Cryptic7s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont have the original nand :frown:, I do believe its a 2.0 RGH, would there be any easy way to verify that ?
Yes, Dashlaunch will tell you if it's a Glitch (RGH1) or Glitch2 (RGH2 / RGH1.2). The wiring would also tell us, if you could get a picture of the wiring in the console? If it's Glitch2 its probably using RGH2 wiring for the boot times to be that random, so you would need to open it and rewire it anyway. You could also load a dump of your xebuild flash in JRunner, and see what it shows you for dash versions etc. My RGH1 Falcon shows a CB of 5771, My Slim shows a CBA and CBB of 9188 when running Freeboot.

Top Bottom