What's new

Solved Rgh and Jtag shuts down after trying to copy files from X360HDD to labtop

W

Wolfarvak

Reaction score
Sin$
Greetings...

I do not know how many of you still deal with the old Jtag and Rgh but I am stumped. I was trying to copy a backup of my buddies 360jtagfalconhdd to my labtop. I use 360 content manager to see the HDD on windows 7 since it will not work on windows 10.When i hit copy after about 1 minute my xbox shuts down. Thinking this was just a freestyledash issue i put his hdd on my rgh and surprisingly after it shut down as well ?

I heard there was a way to Ftp or use network neighborhood hacked xex file to transfer files from jtag to computer does anyone know how to do this? Any help would be appreciated... thanks in advance.

Shoe

Shoe

♛COTM July 2016♛
Hidden Devils
CotM FotM Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
If the HDD is causing the console to shut down and not reboot again like it should, then i could be coruppted, best way to sort this would be if you have a transfer cable where you can read the contents of the HDD on the pc then copy it all to a folder on the pc, format the hdd then try again.

Normally if you put a HDD in when the console is booted it reboots and then loads the HDD, when i had a issue with my HDD it would cause my console not to boot what so ever just a black screen.

Another option to try before formatting it then you could always try a clean Launch.ini on a usb and see if it boots then.

W

Wolfarvak

Reaction score
Sin$
If the HDD is causing the console to shut down and not reboot again like it should, then i could be coruppted, best way to sort this would be if you have a transfer cable where you can read the contents of the HDD on the pc then copy it all to a folder on the pc, format the hdd then try again.

Normally if you put a HDD in when the console is booted it reboots and then loads the HDD, when i had a issue with my HDD it would cause my console not to boot what so ever just a black screen.

Another option to try before formatting it then you could always try a clean Launch.ini on a usb and see if it boots then.

Thank you for the fast reply. Actually any hard drive it does this on any rgh or jtag console. I am trying to copy files from my 360hdd to my computer but as soon as It starts it shuts down. I used to have this problem years ago I tried to keep pressing buttons so it wouldn't shut down when connected.

I will look into getting a transfer cable dudnt kniw they made those I'm doing the old way time to learn the new way

Shoe

Shoe

♛COTM July 2016♛
Hidden Devils
CotM FotM Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$

Thank you for the fast reply. Actually any hard drive it does this on any rgh or jtag console. I am trying to copy files from my 360hdd to my computer but as soon as It starts it shuts down. I used to have this problem years ago I tried to keep pressing buttons so it wouldn't shut down when connected.

I will look into getting a transfer cable dudnt kniw they made those I'm doing the old way time to learn the new way

I would say the HDD is corrupted, try that usb method i said about if that doesnt work then the HDD could be the wrong format or just corrupted in general. But unless if Noobert or Giraffez has any other ideas thats me out of them.

Top Bottom
Login
Register