What's new

Solved rgh 360 gpu running hot

A

artemisery

Reaction score
Sin$
hey guys, im having some trouble with my 360 slim. if i remember correctly its a corona. for some reason the gpu is running very hot and keeps having the console to shut down for overheating. problem is, it is the only component that is running hot. i just changed the thermal paste today to see if the would help, so far no luck. my cpu temps are staying in the upper 30s to low 40s. where as my gpu temps while in the menu reach 85c and shut off the console. i could understand it will gaming, but this is while still in the menu. the fan seems to be working properly, i have target temps in dashlaunch for gpu set to 78c and my fan speed is not locked. im having no other issues with the console aside from this. oh and if it matters at all my power supply makes a horrible grinding noise whenever the console is turned on. any help in this would be super appreciated.

thanks in advance for your help guys.

A

artemisery

Reaction score
Sin$
so thank you to the people who responded here, you guys are both awesome! it turned out to be an issue with false over heating and a removal of the bad resistor fixed it.

Top Bottom
Login
Register