What's new

Tutorial RGH 3.0 Guide - Phat + Slim - Includes Quick Tool!

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
MotM 10th Anniversary Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Im pretty sure I actually just broke the system in general. I got the secondary error code (0012) and it looks like I destroyed some traces pretty bad when removing the clamp like an idiot
Ouch, you could possibly patch them up but with a high change of them being CPU/APU related there's a slim chance that board will ever be reliable again

T

trippy1986

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm doing a 4gb corona v2

Using a tx sd card tool

When trying to read the nand I'm getting error "Failed to get Disk Geometry"

Jrunner sees physical drive in the drive list, I've tried my laptop sd card reader and a transcend USB reader but both the same

Last edited:
CAPSBOY

CAPSBOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Has anyone got a USB to LPT to work ?? got one on the cheap and can't figure out what port its on.

Sadfez

Sadfez

Reaction score
Sin$
Did my first RGH 3.0 last night. Everything went perfect until I managed to snap smc_pll right off while turning the board around during 'hot-glue-wire-straightening-madness' for visuals. RiP. insta Xell and 5-6sec consistant first cycle post to NXE splash down the drain.

With that in mind, do Falcon/Jasper have alt points for smc_pll?

Excellent guide by the way. Cheers!

anatros

anatros

Reaction score
Sin$
so ive got a question i own a corona v3 and was wonder what are you soldering to on the pll point near c5r35? are you scraping away the silk screen and bonding to that via under the text?

T

trippy1986

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
so ive got a question i own a corona v3 and was wonder what are you soldering to on the pll point near c5r35? are you scraping away the silk screen and bonding to that via under the text?
I thought the same thing but if you look close under the white print there is a small point, scratch the surface and solder but be careful as its really small and there are no alternative points

I'm still stuck withy reading nand issues on a corona v2

anatros

anatros

Reaction score
Sin$
I thought the same thing but if you look close under the white print there is a small point, scratch the surface and solder but be careful as its really small and there are no alternative points

I'm still stuck withy reading nand issues on a corona v2
ah yes i see it now after some light scratching with a xacto blade

O

olki1

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello guys, I'd like to ask something. Everything works fine and all of the documentations are very good. However there is something I want to know. When I open the JRunner there is a "Clean SMC" option when I select Glitch2. What does this (clean smc) option do and when should / shoulnd't I use it?

H

halfspec

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Did my first RGH 3.0 last night. Everything went perfect until I managed to snap smc_pll right off while turning the board around during 'hot-glue-wire-straightening-madness' for visuals. RiP. insta Xell and 5-6sec consistant first cycle post to NXE splash down the drain.

With that in mind, do Falcon/Jasper have alt points for smc_pll?

Excellent guide by the way. Cheers!
This video shows an alternate SMC_PLL on a Jasper, but that's all I've been able to find. I think it shows point FT1U2 as an alternate for SPC_PLL. I'm currently on a hunt to see if there is better information on this ALT point because I would like to keep my wiring on the backside if possible on my Jasper.

Anyone know of a better source / pictures that shows the ALT SMC_PLL on a Jasper / Trinity?

Lane

Last edited:
IanMoonex

IanMoonex

Reaction score
Sin$
It would be great if someone would kindly be inclined to post a comprehensive video for phats.
Mr.Mario style.
Have been waiting patiently for one as not yet comfortable ploughing ahead as is.

Sadfez

Sadfez

Reaction score
Sin$
This video shows an alternate SMC_PLL on a Jasper, but that's all I've been able to find. I think it shows point FT1U2 as an alternate for SPC_PLL. I'm currently on a hunt to see if there is better information on this ALT point because I would like to keep my wiring on the backside if possible on my Jasper.

Anyone know of a better source / pictures that shows the ALT SMC_PLL on a Jasper / Trinity?

Lane

Ended up using this point and it worked like a charm. Couldn't find a decent picture of the spot so I just edited one of the pictures posted by OP.

wJYbXS.png

Credit goes to Dark Destiny on Youtube.

Last edited:
anatros

anatros

Reaction score
Sin$
so im going to attempt this do i really need the resistor or can i skip it? mostly asking since i wont get them untill friday or saturday? i am modding a v3 corona 16mb with a post fix. mostly hoping this will work because my ace v3 just doesn't want to glitch the console

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
MotM 10th Anniversary Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
so im going to attempt this do i really need the resistor or can i skip it? mostly asking since i wont get them untill friday or saturday? i am modding a v3 corona 16mb with a post fix. mostly hoping this will work because my ace v3 just doesn't want to glitch the console
You can, but seriously put a resistor on as soon as you can.
No resistor will kill the console very quick, but it's fine for a quick test if you just want to make sure the console works.

anatros

anatros

Reaction score
Sin$
You can, but seriously put a resistor on as soon as you can.
No resistor will kill the console very quick, but it's fine for a quick test if you just want to make sure the console works.
oh good to know. yeah it works ill just have to wait for the resistor to come then. ill just splice it in to the wire once i get it since i fear touching the points on the board again they are so fine and small i feel ill snap one off if i directly put the resistor on it. its says Corona: 1K OHM Resistor but on the image it says 3k? does it matter? i ordered a kit so ill have both to choose from just want to be sure what one to use

RGH2Falcon

RGH2Falcon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Y’all are freaking amazing holy crap. The days an days this would have saved me over the years.

juggalo_pyro

juggalo_pyro

Reaction score
Sin$
Do I need the sd-card adapter/reader to rgh 3 a corona v2 and if so what size resistor is inside of a (diy)

Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Scaling the Mountain Beginning of An Odyssey Bright Idea
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Im pretty sure I actually just broke the system in general. I got the secondary error code (0012) and it looks like I destroyed some traces pretty bad when removing the clamp like an idiot
0012 is a thermal code related to the GPU. Silly question, but do you have the heat sink on the cpu with the fans enabled while using the retail nand?

H

halfspec

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ended up using this point and it worked like a charm. Couldn't find a decent picture of the spot so I just edited one of the pictures posted by OP.

Hey cool! Thanks for posting! That's even closer than the potential ALT I posted about! Shame I didn't re-check this thread for updates last night since I used FT1U2. I feel pretty good about FT1U2 since it showed continuity with DB1F1 but I haven't confirmed as all I got a chance to do last night was download my NAND.

Lane
Post automatically merged:

Can someone explain to me the difference between the normal Jasper Xell bin files and the "Jasper64" Xell bin files?

I think it has something to do with the NAND size and I've come across 1 thread where someone with a Jasper 512MB big block NAND was trying (unsuccessfully) to use the RGH3_Jasper64_10mhz.bin but otherwise, this distinction is painfully undocumented or relies on knowledge that's expected to be common but I supposed I have none of that common sense :wink:

I have a Jasper 512mb BB btw

Any help is appreciated

Lane

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
0012 is a thermal code related to the GPU. Silly question, but do you have the heat sink on the cpu with the fans enabled while using the retail nand?
Indeed I did! At first it was trying to just boot into xell without the fan/heatsink but than I tried with. Same outcome unfortunately both give that error after a few seconds of trying to boot

H

halfspec

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Wanted to say thank you for this guide. I was able to successfully RGH3 my Jasper BB last night and the results are pretty amazing. I'd say instaboot every 5 out of 6 boots and the ones that aren't instaboot are < 10s.

That said, I wanted to suggest a few additions to the tutorial that might help people new to the scene. I'm on the opposite side of things in that I modded OG/360's in college, but back then the only thing for 360s was DVD drive firmware patches, so working with the NAND is new to me and the JRunner instructions is mainly where I found holes that slowed me down.

In the section describing the ECC Files. Specifically around "Drag and drop the ECC File containing your board revision name to J-Runner and press Flash NAND"
It would be helpful to briefly clarify the difference between the Corona vs Corona_4G and Jasper vs Jasper64. I.E., on the non big block NAND jaspers you end
up with a 16MB NAND dump and therefore need to start with "RGH3_Jasper_10mhz.bin" vs if you have a big block 256/512MB NAND Jasper and end up with a 64MB NAND
dump you need to start with the "RGH3_Jasper64_10mhz.bin"

In the section describing how to build the RGH2 NAND. Specifically after "Once the console boots into Xell Note down your CPU Key and Input this into the CPU Key section in J-Runner"
It would be helpful to correct this screenshot and instruct the reader to load their retail NAND backups in the Load Source and Load Extra slots + their CPU key. As it is written and shown via the screenshot, the reader is likely to try this with the ECC file like I did. After the fact this seems silly, but without really understanding what's going on for the first time it can happen.

For the screenshot following "Use J-Runner to write the newly made RGH3NAND File to your Xbox by dragging the RGH3NAND.bin file to J-Runner as shown below:"
Emphasis could be added that the final step is to press the button "Write Nand" and that you'll most likely have to tell Jrunner which console you're flashing again.

Thank you again
Lane

Top Bottom
Login
Register