What's new

Unsolved Rgh 1.2 Xbox freezing only during gameplay

C

cg6554

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello so I’m trying to play my rgh Xbox but after 10minutes-3hours the game freezes and I usually have to push the eject button which sends me back to aurora it wasn’t as bad a few days ago but over time gameplay times got shorter and shorter. It’s getting really annoying as I’ve lost game saves since the console decides it wanted to freeze during a cutscene or during saving

Ruby

Ruby

Burnout
Premium
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
What plugins are you running? I've had some that will cause random crashes before

C

cg6554

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What plugins are you running? I've had some that will cause random crashes before
I’m not sure as I’m not home right now but I think I don’t think any unless you the xbox neighborhood or the custom startup. I don’t use stealth servers since I don’t play online with mods as my xbox is an always offline device

Lucky

Lucky

Super Moderators
Community Champion
Premium
Scaling the Mountain Beginning of An Odyssey Bright Idea
Reaction score
What motherboard is it?

C

cg6554

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What motherboard is it?
Falcon v1 I think as it was made in 2008 I’m pretty sure. It’s hard because I swapped the shell with a black one so the stickers aren’t matching but I’m pretty sure it’s a v1 falcon

Lucky

Lucky

Super Moderators
Community Champion
Premium
Reaction score
Falcon v1 I think as it was made in 2008 I’m pretty sure. It’s hard because I swapped the shell with a black one so the stickers aren’t matching but I’m pretty sure it’s a v1 falcon
Falcons have a temperature cut off which can cause similar issues. Usually it is tuned out by JRunner, but sometimes it isn't.
If possible, next time it freezes and dies, quickly reboot it and launch Dashlaunch/aurora/some other method of checking the temps.

C

cg6554

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Falcons have a temperature cut off which can cause similar issues. Usually it is tuned out by JRunner, but sometimes it isn't.
If possible, next time it freezes and dies, quickly reboot it and launch Dashlaunch/aurora/some other method of checking the temps.
The console never goes over 60c tho even after playing for hours. I usually always check the temps every 30 minutes. I’ve also upgraded the cooling and added a noctua fan on the gpu heat sink and put a xenon heat sink on it also put aluminum tape around the fan shroud do get stronger air pressure. The Xbox sits in between my retail one and my jtag one but the temps seem fine so yea.

Lucky

Lucky

Super Moderators
Community Champion
Premium
Reaction score
Check this post out, it links another post here that might have a solution.

C

cg6554

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check this post out, it links another post here that might have a solution.
Oh gosh I hope it’s not a gpu issue if that’s the case I’ll just transplant my coolrunner in another Xbox as I don’t want to deal with reflowing stuff haha. But thank you
Post automatically merged:

Oh gosh I hope it’s not a gpu issue if that’s the case I’ll just transplant my coolrunner in another Xbox as I don’t want to deal with reflowing stuff haha. But thank you
I’m thinking if it starts freezing again I’ll try that but for now I’ll leave the console on over night on a game and see if it freezes then I’ll try editing the smc power settings. Thank you

I’m thinking if it starts freezing again I’ll try that but for now I’ll leave the console on over night on a game and see if it freezes then I’ll try editing the smc power settings. Thank you
As luck would have it it just froze:/

Lucky

Lucky

Super Moderators
Community Champion
Premium
Reaction score

As luck would have it it just froze:/
Try the SMC power using JRunner with your nand dump and see what happens.
Also, try removing the HDD and see if it still freezes - I saw a note somewhere about that.

C

cg6554

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try the SMC power using JRunner with your nand dump and see what happens.
Also, try removing the HDD and see if it still freezes - I saw a note somewhere about that.
Yea I’ll try the hdd if I can’t get the smc to work I really hope it’s not the hdd as it took days to get stuff onto it as my internet sucks and I have to copy everything to a 256gb usb since my internet likes to turn off randomly and I don’t have very good upload speed (it’s like .89mbps) also do you think it could be a memory unit that’s the problem? I have a hard drive,a memory unit and a controller connected that’s it. Also just flashed nand and am gonna see what it does now. How could I even test it without the hard drive as all my games are on the hard drive? I mean I guess I could use a disc. Also thank you (I’m sorry that I type to much)

Yea I’ll try the hdd if I can’t get the smc to work I really hope it’s not the hdd as it took days to get stuff onto it as my internet sucks and I have to copy everything to a 256gb usb since my internet likes to turn off randomly and I don’t have very good upload speed (it’s like .89mbps) also do you think it could be a memory unit that’s the problem? I have a hard drive,a memory unit and a controller connected that’s it. Also just flashed nand and am gonna see what it does now. How could I even test it without the hard drive as all my games are on the hard drive? I mean I guess I could use a disc. Also thank you (I’m sorry that I type to much)
Okay now my console is freezing faster after messing with the smc power

Lucky

Lucky

Super Moderators
Community Champion
Premium
Reaction score

Okay now my console is freezing faster after messing with the smc power
Revert back to previous settings.

As for HDD - you can buy a transfer cable plug into computer and move all onto computer then onto a new HDD if it winds up being that.

C

cg6554

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Revert back to previous settings.

As for HDD - you can buy a transfer cable plug into computer and move all onto computer then onto a new HDD if it winds up being that.
Yea I went ahead and changed and am using different smc settings and it’s lasting longer than it did a few minutes ago

Top Bottom