Solved RGH 1.2 Falcon help

• Thread starter exoskeleton
  • Start date
  • Views 363
E

exoskeleton

Reaction score
Looking for some advice/ Help
Ive RGH 1.2 x2 falcons, one of installed flawless in my opinion both used coolrunner rev c chips.
console No1 works perfectly
console No2 was for my brother after he seen mine and how they work etc but this is where the problems started coming just after 24hrs.

so read the nand x4 and compaired all ok with no bad sectors. programmed the timing file on to Coolrunner created the ECC and booted to Xell first time no issues at all. finished up re flashing the modded nand and booted to dash. installed aurora, FSD3 dash launch and Xex menu configured wifi and linked to unity page. installed 3 games no prombem and played on for 3hrs all seemed good.
next morning i began to FTP another rip from the PC to the console then it froze half way through. Power cycled and wouldn't boot. tried again and left for 20 mins and still not booting. removed the Power cable left for 5 mins and tried again booted instantly. turned off booted Xell no problem. booted 3rd time back to aurora (now set as default) deleted the rip that failed and played abit of COD only to get 10 mins into game then console froze again .

so to get console to boot either to dash or Xell have to remove power brick for 5 mins and then attempt
red light is on coolrunner and the green light flashes when tring to glitch
now on the install side all point to my knowledge soldered well no steps skipped - however on the ''A'' point of the coolrunner the pad was lifted out the box and came away when trying to solder to.... so scraped the board to reaveal the trace and soldered to the cooper on the board using kynar wire

i get to thinking this might be just a bad coolrunner chip or have i over looked something and need to revisit areas ?

thanks in advance

B

BlueSn00w

RGH/JTAG Seller
Reaction score
Flash stock nand and put the coolrunner into PRG mode and see if it boots.

E

exoskeleton

Reaction score
Fixed. The pll wire come away from the board. Re soldered the point all is well.

My advice if it's not booting/glitching/ crashing. Check all points are making contact correctly. Also check if it first boot that the switch on CR rev C is set to phat for first boot. You can tweak boot times later.

Top Bottom