What's new

Solved RGH 1.2 and Coolrunner comparison

360_NoSnoper

360_NoSnoper

Reaction score
Sin$
Yello!
So I'm fairly new to modding/hacking xbox360. I decided to RGH 1.2 my xbox360 so I bought the necessary items and began the procedure (Tutorial on se7ensins). Now I've come to glitching the console (using coolrunner), and as you might already expect here's where I'm stuck. I have tried cca. 10-20 timing files and none of them worked. The red LED on coolrunner is on, green is flashing and so is the one on Xbox ring.
I didn't reassemble my Xbox because I didn't want to dissasemble it again if something went wrong. That shouldn't be the case am I right? (Have tried with both fans connected and disconnected.) I have checked the soldering 3,4,5 times (if not even more), all good. Dumped NAND approximately 6x, all the same, created ECC, writed ECC, all good.
Now I'm wondering - 5 minutes ago I realised I have bought Collrunner rev. D (accidentally, as I didn't inquire about that before), could that be the case? I have realised that rev. Ds are eBay fakes. I'm definitelly gonna try with rev C (Will order one tomorrow), but could that really be the case?
I'm also using Matrix nand flasher SPI (upgraded to CPLD - all wiring good again as I've read NAND with no problem, ECC...) just for info if anyone could help.
Console: Jasper (512MB)
Thanks in advance

Killjoy666

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Yello!
So I'm fairly new to modding/hacking xbox360. I decided to RGH 1.2 my xbox360 so I bought the necessary items and began the procedure (Tutorial on se7ensins). Now I've come to glitching the console (using coolrunner), and as you might already expect here's where I'm stuck. I have tried cca. 10-20 timing files and none of them worked. The red LED on coolrunner is on, green is flashing and so is the one on Xbox ring.
I didn't reassemble my Xbox because I didn't want to dissasemble it again if something went wrong. That shouldn't be the case am I right? (Have tried with both fans connected and disconnected.) I have checked the soldering 3,4,5 times (if not even more), all good. Dumped NAND approximately 6x, all the same, created ECC, writed ECC, all good.
Now I'm wondering - 5 minutes ago I realised I have bought Collrunner rev. D (accidentally, as I didn't inquire about that before), could that be the case? I have realised that rev. Ds are eBay fakes. I'm definitelly gonna try with rev C (Will order one tomorrow), but could that really be the case?
I'm also using Matrix nand flasher SPI (upgraded to CPLD - all wiring good again as I've read NAND with no problem, ECC...) just for info if anyone could help.
Console: Jasper (512MB)
Thanks in advance
Well First Take Picture Of The Install And Post Them On Here.

Rev D / C Are Identical Only Differences Are That The Rev D Has A Built In Oscillator.

Also For Rev D You Will Have To Bridge 2-3 | JP As Well And Would Suggest To Disable The Oscillator.

360_NoSnoper

360_NoSnoper

Reaction score
Sin$
Well First Take Picture Of The Install And Post Them On Here.

Rev D / C Are Identical Only Differences Are That The Rev D Has A Built In Oscillator.

Also For Rev D You Will Have To Bridge 2-3 | JP As Well And Would Suggest To Disable The Oscillator.

Will post the pictures as soon as I get home. So basically what you do is "downgrade" it back to rev C?
Also a few more questions:
First, I didn't know you should program the Coolrunner only when it is set to PRG and I was programming it on NOR with a couple of timing files. Coolrunner is connected to console but the console is off (no cables connected). So basically I was programming and running (glitching the console - power on HDMI) it on NOR setting, and installed to motherboard (always soldered). I've read that some people killed the motherboard while doing so. Is that true, could I also be one of them now?
and
What is the possibility that I ****ed up the NAND - when it didn't boot after 10-20 timing files, I decided to flash back to original NAND to try if the console is OK and runs normally. So as I didn't want to desolder Coolrunner, I only switched it to PRG (cuts off the power), and connected power to Xbox (didn't turn it ON), and tried to flash original NAND (with matrix nand flasher)... Well after a couple of tries I always got the jrunner error - can not continue... I decided to leave it alone as it is, as it couldn't continue I assume that it didn't break/flash anything or change anything.
I now want to exclude the possibility that my console is dead.
Stupid me must try everything without asking for help first when something's not working.
Also I'm not sure but I think i have read somewhere - when you programm CR with modded matrix nand flasher (CPLD mod), you should short the ground pins, am i right?

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
First, I didn't know you should program the Coolrunner only when it is set to PRG and I was programming it on NOR with a couple of timing files. Coolrunner is connected to console but the console is off (no cables connected). So basically I was programming and running (glitching the console - power on HDMI) it on NOR setting, and installed to motherboard (always soldered).
Doesn't matter too much how you do it. When it's set to PRG it just cuts power between the motherboard and the programming pins. As long as your nand flasher is outputting no more than 3.3V on the VCC pin it shouldn't matter much.
after a couple of tries I always got the jrunner error - can not continue
Was the matrix nand flasher unplugged from the coolrunner, when you were trying to flash the nand? I'm asking because it doesn't work, when both the nand and the coolrunner cables are connected.
Also I'm not sure but I think i have read somewhere - when you programm CR with modded matrix nand flasher (CPLD mod), you should short the ground pins, am i right?
Are you using the xbox for power or the matrix itself? If you're using the matrix, then it should already be connected on the GND pin. Though, if you're able to program the coolrunner without any errors, you know it's connected.

360_NoSnoper

360_NoSnoper

Reaction score
Sin$
So that shouldn't damage mobo in any way?

Yes sure, but as I said before Coolrunner is always soldered when I'm programming it or flashing the nand. So I shouldn't be worried about this as long as I'm connecting things right (and not powering xbox ON (only power) while operating with NAND?
So, yes, matrix flasher is disconnected from CR and connected to mobo only.

I'm using matrix itself as a power - so via USB. But I don't have shorted GND pins and I did get successful results - writing to CR. So programming the CR should not be problem in my case? (Y)

360_NoSnoper

360_NoSnoper

Reaction score
Sin$
What's that you have soldered to in the sixth picture? o.O
If that's going to the B point, then remove R13 on the Rev. D board.

Correct, that is the alternative CLK point (B on CR). If I had rev C, would I also need to remove or change anything? Asking, because I'm probably going to change my rev D for C (I managed to f*** it up a little, yesterday :/)

Last edited:
J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
Correct, that is the alternative CLK point (B on CR). If I had rev C, would I also need to remove or change anything? Asking, because I'm probably going to change my rev D for C (I managed to **** it up a little, yesterday :/)
No, you won't!
What exactly did you do to the rev. D?

360_NoSnoper

360_NoSnoper

Reaction score
Sin$
No, you won't!
What exactly did you do to the rev. D?

Well...take a look (1,2,3, JP, R1):

1qmyiw.jpg

144485g.jpg

So since I have soldered everything right, Coolrunner Rev C should work fine... Will report when It arrives.
Till then, I can't do much since I've burnt some solder tabs, lost resistor...

Last edited:
360_NoSnoper

360_NoSnoper

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello!
So now I just received new Collrunner rev C. I installed it and now xbox doesn't even power up. No green light on CR either, just red. Any ideas?

360_NoSnoper

360_NoSnoper

Reaction score
Sin$
Soldering is the same as above. Alredy posted the pictures in this tread. I can only add CR

Update:
Here it is

Oh and also, when I set CR to prog, so cut power, 360 doesn't start

Last edited:
Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
When ypu switch to program it def won't start with xell flashed to nand cause you've cut power to glitcher.

What timing file do you have on the rev c ?
If your getting no debug light (green led on glitcher ) then you need to double check all your solder connections post,cpu rst, pll bypass .

360_NoSnoper

360_NoSnoper

Reaction score
Sin$
When ypu switch to program it def won't start with xell flashed to nand cause you've cut power to glitcher.

What timing file do you have on the rev c ?
If your getting no debug light (green led on glitcher ) then you need to double check all your solder connections post,cpu rst, pll bypass .

Currently I have 12. I also tried with 10. Will for sure try some more, but shouldn't it a least boot up (power up) even if the timing file is not right/good?
But damn if I didn't check the soldering at least 20 times. I really don't know where I could screw it up

Update:
Ttried 20xsvf, no luck

The only thing that could be wrong is that maybe I screwed other 2 CLK points, that's why mine is soldered on FT2R2. I burnt solder pads, but as far as I know, that shouldn't be the case. Only if there are some other things to modify, because of that alternative point (CLK, FT2R2)?

Last edited:
Killjoy666

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Currently I have 12. I also tried with 10. Will for sure try some more, but shouldn't it a least boot up (power up) even if the timing file is not right/good?
But damn if I didn't check the soldering at least 20 times. I really don't know where I could screw it up

Update:
Ttried 20xsvf, no luck

The only thing that could be wrong is that maybe I screwed other 2 CLK points, that's why mine is soldered on FT2R2. I burnt solder pads, but as far as I know, that shouldn't be the case. Only if there are some other things to modify, because of that alternative point (CLK, FT2R2)?
That Should Be The Issue (Burned Clk) Most Likely Board Is Just Trash Now.

Top Bottom
Login
Register