What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Discussion Rgh’s going to go obsolete?

FrazzleBadger

FrazzleBadger

Reaction score
Sin$
The RGH/Jtag market won't dissapper for a while, at least until XBL shuts down for the 360. I recently bought a Xenon Jtag for like $60 and the only reason why I got it is to play my old favorite games again. And of course the modding, emulators for my old a** games, and the ability the play 360 games without spending $200+ on collecting used games. I do plan on doing some COD or GTA modding but main focus is on 360 gaming.

C

Coxy 2K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Not sure how many people are aware, but honestly, just imagine how popular LiNK will become once the servers do shut down, providing that is still around. Like other people have said though, there is no money (really) to be made from them, just fun over anything. Mine only goes online every couple weeks to sync game saves to cloud and achievements to Xbox Live, other than that, it stays offline and gets used when I've time.

x86

x86

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Not sure how many people are aware, but honestly, just imagine how popular LiNK will become once the servers do shut down, providing that is still around. Like other people have said though, there is no money (really) to be made from them, just fun over anything. Mine only goes online every couple weeks to sync game saves to cloud and achievements to Xbox Live, other than that, it stays offline and gets used when I've time.

As long as xboxunity.net because it connects homebrew 360s to Link. Xlink Kai is still around man.

C

Coxy 2K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
As long as xboxunity.net because it connects homebrew 360s to Link. Xlink Kai is still around man.

Jeez, xlink kai - that brings back some serious memories.

Hopefully xboxunity is still around when Xbox 360 servers do go offline cause honestly it's amazing. Such a convenient website.

Metal

Metal

Take This Life
Hidden Devils
Grizzled Veteran Grammar Nazi Gifter
Reaction score
Sin$
I like my JTAG just to some old games. I threw a 1TB HDD on there and can play anything whenever I want. Even though 360 is old, occasionally I like to play offline games like Forza or Skyrim. Also fun to mod those games a little.

Last edited:
x86

x86

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Jeez, xlink kai - that brings back some serious memories.

Hopefully xboxunity is still around when Xbox 360 servers do go offline cause honestly it's amazing. Such a convenient website.

It also reminds me of xbconnect back when the original xbox didn't have online multiplayer on xbox live for halo 1. I would meet up at my friend's house with other peeps and use 30 ft ethercables to link the consoles together in different rooms. Those were the days man.

But yeah nothing lasts forever. Grab and collect while you still can.

Last edited:
Metal

Metal

Take This Life
Hidden Devils
Grizzled Veteran Grammar Nazi Gifter
Reaction score
Sin$
It also reminds me of xbconnect back when the original xbox didn't have online multiplayer on xbox live for halo 1. I would meet up at my friend's house with other peeps and use 30 ft ethercables to link the consoles together in different rooms. Those were the days man.

But yeah nothing lasts forever. Grab and collect while you still can.
Old school LAN parties. :thumbsup:

Swerve

Swerve

❤ Baddest Biatch On 7S ❤
Greeter Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I think RGH or JTAG consoles will only become obsolete if the Xbox One is ever truly exploited to a similar scale. Until that happens (which it may just have, but only in private), our beloved modded consoles aren't going anywhere. There are far too many benefits besides hosting modded lobbies, so the value is still there when it comes to these consoles.

Hawk2023

Hawk2023

Hacks are life
Reaction score
Sin$
I think RGH or JTAG consoles will only become obsolete if the Xbox One is ever truly exploited to a similar scale. Until that happens (which it may just have, but only in private), our beloved modded consoles aren't going anywhere. There are far too many benefits besides hosting modded lobbies, so the value is still there when it comes to these consoles.
Where have you seen anything of the xbox one modding working for a private person/company? I have seen claims of people doing it, but no one has backed it up with proof yet. Would love to read up on any forum claims or proof of it as I find it interesting.

Swerve

Swerve

❤ Baddest Biatch On 7S ❤
Greeter Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Where have you seen anything of the xbox one modding working for a private person/company? I have seen claims of people doing it, but no one has backed it up with proof yet. Would love to read up on any forum claims or proof of it as I find it interesting.
I was just saying that it's possible that it may have already been done, but we wouldn't know since whoever would have done it would probably just keep it to themselves.

M

MrV

Reaction score
Sin$
Rgh 360s will never go obsolete... these will probably start climbing in prices like it's big brother OGXbox once 360 modchips become obsolete & hard, rare to get a hold of. The 360 will probably still be the best to play it's own games than an emulator or the xbox one or x would try to emulate the 360.... if you want a modded 360 then your best bet is to own & hold on to a original phat jtag 360 xenon, zypher, opus, falcon, jasper but a jtagged falcon v2 or a jasper will be your best bet. As there are collectors out there that will pay money just to own them over a rgh it's not because the rgh is better it's because jtags are becoming harder to find as majority of them are either heavily updated past the 7371 or have RROD. These will end up like the xecuter X3CP original xbox prices that fluctuate up & down on ebay but still fetch for stupid money.

I'm a newby here, but I have been lurking on se7ensins since 2010 when I flashed a benq drive for the first time.
The x360 will become obsolete/forgotten at some point, but people will get back on it some days. I was a hardcore pc gamer then switched to x360. This console represent my late teen years and early adult hood. At 33 I really dont have much interest in the ps4 ans xone, I got back on pc for the rare games I care to play.

But regarding the 360, I enjoy collecting games/system and fixing them. I have a halo 3 special edition running the good old nxe dash that can be jtag. It need a matching dvd key but I'l do the repair some day (some guy swaped the dvd drive to repair it then some dude bended a usb pin, so the console was dead until I got my hand on it).

Anyway.. The old design and feel remind me of time of joy and these games are less plague by micro, pay wall and such. The 360 will always be special for me.

M

MrV

Reaction score
Sin$
The halo 3 console mentioned is a zephyr... so... it is rarely powered on. I plan on using thermal grizly kryonaut on it and using my machine lapped heatsink that I made for a past system.

S

SilentModz237

Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah if there is a way to redirect the servers to something else like bypass Xbox live and get on internet still like on the switch if that was possible we would be able to use old apps aand old unpatched browsers and modified apps

Top Bottom
Login
Register