What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Discussion Rgh’s going to go obsolete?

I

Immortality48

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey

I’ve been a modder for a little bit of time now. But one question that runs through my mind is,” when are they gonna be obsolete?”.

When is the life expectancy of modded Xbox 360 consoles going to just... die off?

When will they become obsolete?

Why do you think this?

Please don’t joke around about it, I’m being dead serious. I wanna know weather in 2 years down the road my consoles going to be worthless, or even if it’s going to be something I should still do.

Weather I should sell now, or wait.

Give me your most honest opinions please.

Thanks!

64G

64G

Meerkat
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
Honesty nobody knows how much time is left for these consoles. I doubt Xbl services is gonna get cut for 360 due to their servers being used on backwards comparable games. Could be 4-6 years is honestly my guess.

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
MotM 10th Anniversary Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Honestly if you brought your RGH with an aim of making your money back or profits then you are wrong.

These consoles are Hobbyist items, their prices can chop and change exponentially I remember back when I got my first one the Demon Dual nands just came out and those consoles sold for around £200, Now you can pick them up £120 easy.

Their lifespan really depends on XBL staying up and with Backwards compatibility being a major part of xbox one and all the games that are popular relying on X360 servers it's going to stay up for a few years yet.

When the market drops and the servers are not profitable thats when it will hit the fan.

I believe the market for these consoles dropped a few years back. The prominent members have all found jobs and better things to do than sit there, or just don't have the time anymore. Now most RGHes are brought and sold again within 3 months because some kid found a hacker online and now wants his own. It's so stupid.

I

Immortality48

Reaction score
Sin$
Honesty nobody knows how much time is left for these consoles. I doubt Xbl services is gonna get cut for 360 due to their servers being used on backwards comparable games. Could be 4-6 years is honestly my guess.
Honestly if you brought your RGH with an aim of making your money back or profits then you are wrong.

These consoles are Hobbyist items, their prices can chop and change exponentially I remember back when I got my first one the Demon Dual nands just came out and those consoles sold for around £200, Now you can pick them up £120 easy.

Their lifespan really depends on XBL staying up and with Backwards compatibility being a major part of xbox one and all the games that are popular relying on X360 servers it's going to stay up for a few years yet.

When the market drops and the servers are not profitable thats when it will hit the fan.

I believe the market for these consoles dropped a few years back. The prominent members have all found jobs and better things to do than sit there, or just don't have the time anymore. Now most RGHes are brought and sold again within 3 months because some kid found a hacker online and now wants his own. It's so stupid.
Ok, thanks for your answers.
I really appreciate it

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey

I’ve been a modder for a little bit of time now. But one question that runs through my mind is,” when are they gonna be obsolete?”.

When is the life expectancy of modded Xbox 360 consoles going to just... die off?

Why do you think this?

Please don’t joke around about it, I’m being dead serious. I wanna know weather in 2 years down the road my consoles going to be worthless, or even if it’s going to be something I should still do.

Thanks!
I think it is something you should hang onto and get the most out of. For example, install a big HDD and experiment with lots of different games mods for those games.

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
MotM 10th Anniversary Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I think it is something you should hang onto and get the most out of. For example, install a big HDD and experiment with lots of different games mods for those games.
If you can find an xk3y or have the money to go stealth it's well worth building a huge library of games and going achievement hunting, I plan to do so with my next trinity build.

Vegeta

Vegeta

宇宙のマスター
Super Moderators
VIP
MotM Trifecta Diamonds Are Forever
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a xenon sitting in my room collecting dust but its still connected to my setup. I think if you want to make money with the console by offering modding services, you will not succeed. Maybe if you got enough people you could make your money back on the RGH but as far as making money with it, that train has departed.

XBL will stay up for a lot longer so I wouldn't worry about that, if anything you'll lose interest in the "4-6" years people are predicting and you won't even notice.

I would use your RGH to do things you've always wanted to do with games, mod the f*** out of them for fun. Go online too if you wanna f*** around online, people still play on their 360s!

Last edited:
MattsNotBanned_

MattsNotBanned_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
RGH consoles themselves won't go obsolete from what it looks like. There are still a decent amount of people buying them today as far as I'm concerned. As for modding services like modded accounts and recoveries, that's obsolete. Maybe not for the backwards compatible games but overall they just don't sell as good as they used to.

S

saxjonz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just my two cents, but have you noticed the amount of people buying all those gimmicky retro games? I still play mame 32. People are still modding the og xbox and putting all the emulators on those. If you genuinely like those games on xbox 360 and there are like over 1200 you could probably find and download, the graphics are still really good. I doubt they will ever be dead. Who cares? what's it cost? Next to nothing. For the price of a few games you can have yours modded and a huge library to play. To me that is a no brainer. I guarantee you this. People will at some point come back to these games and it will start all over again.

Amphium

Amphium

Insert Custom Title Here
Reaction score
Sin$
I personally think that nowadays its really only good for what it was supposed to be for, running homebrew or messing around on games. If you have the money to bring it online and stay unbanned, then id say go for it and use it for those purposes. As for using it to try and make money, the days of that are long gone. Theres just so many people with consoles online now that the market just has no value left. I see people charging like $1 for 2 hours of Co host, $2.50 for all cod recoveries, people have just brought the prices down so much that its just not profitable. I myself still bring my console online but I really only end up using it to mess around with friends on halo, gta and cod. other than those I really just play it like a normal 360, I play UNO with the boys and then play some other games that aren't on the market place anymore (that is one perk about having an rgh I would say).
Anyways thats pretty much my take on it.

Last edited:
afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Obsolete, never. Unless someone creates better way to unlock 360.

Yuichiro Hyakuya

Yuichiro Hyakuya

#UnitedX Support Member
Reaction score
Sin$
I don’t think they will go obsolete, as people continue to buy these modified consoles daily/hourly. I don’t think we will see them die out.

x86

x86

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The 360 will be commercially obsolete once M$ shuts down xbox live service. No more COD and GTA online and Ninja will be obsolete as well. I do think that when this does happen it may spur the scene to put more effort into hacking the xbox one. I'd really like to know how much progress team xecuter has on the Xbox one

2liftheavy

2liftheavy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Most people that game the 360 are kids, so they're only into modding.
Take a look at the OG xbox. It's actually now catered to adults, because of retro, and it's a huge market. Retro isn't important to kids. The just want to mod online
An RGH does allow the user to play retro games. Not as big as the OG xbox, but it will still be around
Everyone thought the OG xbox was done, and that's clearly not the case

Reconnected

Reconnected

C:\SDK\Platform-Tools
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Same here i have my jasper jtag for a while it cost me $300 brand new and took it to a guy that jtagged for me so total was $350 got my money back quick back when MW2 lobbies was good, I still get some customers from friends etc, But honestly i get bored i just mostly do my customers account and that's it maybe just play couple of matches online and get on my xbox one

U

Umbre314

Umbreon 2.0
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey

Why do you think this?

Thanks!
The same thing is happening with ps3's, less and less people are actually using them and I feel like in 1 year or so it will be obsolete so yes I agree with that. And to answer your question about selling it now or waiting, I feel like you should hold onto it as in say 10-20 years it could become a collectors item and be worth upwards of 300+ dollars. That is my honest opinion

Fogel

Fogel

Call Me Mclovin!
Reaction score
Sin$
The console is old and the modding scene is dying. It’s how it goes. What did you expect though the community started out great but then it turned to complete horse sh**

Twisted Impulse

Twisted Impulse

Reaction score
Sin$
I'd say it's already obsolete. The huge draw of JTAG initially was the ability to mess around with new games on a current system, where your friends would always be online with you.

The few things it's worth keeping for would be homebrew, playing with mods, free DLC & stuff that's no longer available on the marketplace. All fairly boring IMO if you do it all offline. Even if you oay to go online through one of the servers, most people moved on to Xbox One a while back.

The best days were September 2009 (XBR days!) - June(ish) 2010.

UHAX

UHAX

Cheap Good Quality RGH Shop
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Xbox 360 home brew exploits won't go obsolete. Even if Microsoft shuts down the xbox 360 servers. It goes right along with the original Xbox from 2001. If anything. If/When Microsoft does shut down 360 servers it will be best to have a exploited console. This way you can install plenty of new and fun things for these older consoles.

D

DamN8tive NZ

Reaction score
Sin$
Rgh 360s will never go obsolete... these will probably start climbing in prices like it's big brother OGXbox once 360 modchips become obsolete & hard, rare to get a hold of. The 360 will probably still be the best to play it's own games than an emulator or the xbox one or x would try to emulate the 360.... if you want a modded 360 then your best bet is to own & hold on to a original phat jtag 360 xenon, zypher, opus, falcon, jasper but a jtagged falcon v2 or a jasper will be your best bet. As there are collectors out there that will pay money just to own them over a rgh it's not because the rgh is better it's because jtags are becoming harder to find as majority of them are either heavily updated past the 7371 or have RROD. These will end up like the xecuter X3CP original xbox prices that fluctuate up & down on ebay but still fetch for stupid money.

Top Bottom
Login
Register