What's new

Unsolved Rgb Xbox one power button

C

Camrashii

Reaction score
So I have someone who is wanting me to make their Xbox one s power button rgb. I know that having a regular rgb led soldered where the original light would be wouldn’t work so what I was thinking was wiring up a led from a strip to turn on whenever the console is on. But I’m having trouble finding a 12v switch

HYX

HYX

Alt+F4
Super Moderators
Lifetime
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
So I have someone who is wanting me to make their Xbox one s power button rgb. I know that having a regular rgb led soldered where the original light would be wouldn’t work so what I was thinking was wiring up a led from a strip to turn on whenever the console is on. But I’m having trouble finding a 12v switch
Are they wanting a rainbow power button or just rainbow LEDs in general. I know there are color cycling smd LEDs but need it cleared up what exactly they are requesting.

C

Camrashii

Reaction score
Are they wanting a rainbow power button or just rainbow LEDs in general. I know there are color cycling smd LEDs but need it cleared up what exactly they are requesting.
They are wanting a rainbow power button , I figured that cycling Smd leds wouldn’t have enough power where the original light was.
I’ve seen videos of people putting in led strips and I figured I could do that and just wire one up where the button is. But if you think I could put in a Smd led there it would make my life easier

HYX

HYX

Alt+F4
Super Moderators
Lifetime
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
They are wanting a rainbow power button , I figured that cycling Smd leds wouldn’t have enough power where the original light was.
I’ve seen videos of people putting in led strips and I figured I could do that and just wire one up where the button is. But if you think I could put in a Smd led there it would make my life easier
I haven't seen anyone using a led strip. I mean that's possible but idk how to achieve it or if it would even look good. However, I would just see if the voltage the console provides is enough for the RGB smds.

C

Camrashii

Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone using a led strip. I mean that's possible but idk how to achieve it or if it would even look good. However, I would just see if the voltage the console provides is enough for the RGB smds.
In this video it appears that he somehow he ran a led strip light to the actual button , so I may just take out the original light and drill out a hole for wires and place one there. I may attempt this on my Xbox one x... I’m gonna do some research on the 12v outputs and all of that but wish me luck , I’ll post my results.

Top Bottom