What's new

Question RGB lighting in XBOX 360 console

A

Adam Kenyon

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi all, I was wondering how would I go about installing one of those RGB Bluetooth/Smart Phone LED boxes and how could I get it to work with the RF board. I am not sure if you can get RGB SMD LEDS for the rf board either or if it would work at all.

Just like in this video:

I think I understand how to install a strip of LEDS for inside the console and know where to get the 5v-12v points but not sure how this would work for the RF board at the same time as the over leds in the console, as the RF board uses 3.3v? I think? Tried looking for a few videos on this but to avail not much information.

x86

x86

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi all, I was wondering how would I go about installing one of those RGB Bluetooth/Smart Phone LED boxes and how could I get it to work with the RF board. I am not sure if you can get RGB SMD LEDS for the rf board either or if it would work at all.

Just like in this video:

I think I understand how to install a strip of LEDS for inside the console and know where to get the 5v-12v points but not sure how this would work for the RF board at the same time as the over leds in the console, as the RF board uses 3.3v? I think? Tried looking for a few videos on this but to avail not much information.

You will need a 5v and ground lines. Get a multimeter and find a 5v source on the rf board and you can use the metal tip from one of memory card ports (phat 360) to ground since it is closer to the rf board.

A

Adam Kenyon

Reaction score
Sin$
You will need a 5v and ground lines. Get a multimeter and find a 5v source on the rf board and you can use the metal tip from one of memory card ports (phat 360) to ground since it is closer to the rf board.
Okay but what voltage are the LEDS on the RF board? The controller uses 5-12v which is easy to find on the motherboard there is lots of them, but as I want to run two strips of leds through this for the main console, I was not sure how I would wire it up to the RF board as well, unless I'd need a second controller for that but then you would need two remotes which would be a bit weird. I was not sure if RGB can be done on the RF board, the only SMD LEDS I can find are single colours.

x86

x86

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay but what voltage are the LEDS on the RF board? The controller uses 5-12v which is easy to find on the motherboard there is lots of them, but as I want to run two strips of leds through this for the main console, I was not sure how I would wire it up to the RF board as well, unless I'd need a second controller for that but then you would need two remotes which would be a bit weird. I was not sure if RGB can be done on the RF board, the only SMD LEDS I can find are single colours.

So the RF board is powered by 3.3v thus it doesnt have a 5v source. Use the diagrams from the url to pick a power source.

You can solder a 4 pin molex cable to the board underneath the cable power port. There are plenty of xyz-to-molex adapters that you can use.

https://team-xecuter.com/community/threads/power-sources-switched-and-standby.65204/

A

Adam Kenyon

Reaction score
Sin$
So the RF board is powered by 3.3v thus it doesnt have a 5v source. Use the diagrams from the url to pick a power source.

https://team-xecuter.com/community/threads/power-sources-switched-and-standby.65204/
I know where the power points are thats not the issue. I am trying to find out if RGB LEDS is possible on the RF board. I haven't seen anyone do it. I know how to get the RGB kit to work with the console like just normal led strips going up the sides of the console but not the RF board as well at the same time.

I know how to change the SMD leds on the RF board, but I am not sure you can get RGB LEDS, you seem to be only able to get single coloured ones.

x86

x86

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I know where the power points are thats not the issue. I am trying to find out if RGB LEDS is possible on the RF board. I haven't seen anyone do it. I know how to get the RGB kit to work with the console like just normal led strips going up the sides of the console but not the RF board as well at the same time.

You'll have to figure that out. A multimeter will help.

A

Andriuxa NoMercy

Reaction score
Sin$
As I remember the LEDs on RF get around 2v each, 1,8 maybe? If you need easy to get 5v switched, look under DVD ROM, there is 5 big holes (empty pins), those are bigger than other, hard to miss, second from the right is switched 5v. Or you can always try your luck soldering to transistors, a lot of them is 5v.

Image from google, but you can see the pins by the HDD plug, right under big chip, whatever it is

Xbox_360_revisions_falcon_motherboard.jpg

Top Bottom
Login
Register