Returning to Modded Dashboard

Discussion in 'Xbox Support Archive' started by DeltaGamer, Jul 5, 2009 with 8 replies and 470 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeltaGamer

DeltaGamer Newbie

Ratings:
    Okay so I have a small problem. Let's say that I'm playing Halo 2 off of my HDD. Once I'm done playing and I want to return to my Unleash X dashboard, how can I go there without restarting my Xbox?

2. badef

badef Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i think thats the only way

3. OP
    DeltaGamer

DeltaGamer Newbie

Ratings:
    Damn, that's a bit of a pain. I thought there was some sort of trainer or app which allowed for the user to return to the modded dashboard by pressing a certain button combination.

4. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    you mean Yelo? I haven't played on the original xbox for a while now (except for when I was debugging something), but I don't think it has a combination for that. It would have to be the dashboard itself.

5. OP
    DeltaGamer

DeltaGamer Newbie

Ratings:
    Sh** son! It's not the end of the world if there's no solution for this, but it's still a pain in the neck to turn my Xbox off every time I want to switch games.

6. jimmythefen

jimmythefen Newbie

Ratings:
    I think that some dashboards allow for "In Game Reset" if supported by the bios. I'm just learning about this functionality myself, but the typical wording I've seen is "IGR". The Executer 3 and EvoX bios support this and I believe I've seen UnleashX dashboard support for it as well. I probably have seen an XBMC setting for it, but since I didn't understand it at the time I didn't take careful note of it, and so I can't give you any key combos for anything but Executer3: L(trigger)+R(trigger)+BACK+BLACK.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    DeltaGamer

DeltaGamer Newbie

Ratings:
    Thanks that sounds like what I'm essentially looking for. Since it has to be supported by the BIOS however, does that mean I have to flash the BIOS in my Xbox?

8. jimmythefen

jimmythefen Newbie

Ratings:
    I think if you're running a softmod xbox, you're going to have to spring for a mod chip. I've had good luck with DuoX2 (inexpensive, and runs just about any 512k bios -- Xecuter2 or EvoX especially -- which supports the IGR). It's a three-wires plus header-pins solder job, but you'll need a few other "tools" as well. (I'd advise you to have it done by someone with experience unless you want to learn a LOT!)

9. OP
    DeltaGamer

DeltaGamer Newbie

Ratings:
    Thanks I'll look into it. I've completely disassembled and reassembled my Xbox in the past so I'm not worried about the installation. The main kicker is money. I'm trying to save up for college as much as possible. I will definitely put some research into it though.