Retrieving CPU Key question?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Sol Invictus, Feb 3, 2010 with 9 replies and 821 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Contributor

Ratings:
    Is there any other way on getting the CPU key without XBR or XELL, I ask this because I have a nand from a xbox that doesnt even boot and I would like to get the KV or Is that beyond the impossible? Any help would be appreciated.

2. XxKFxChAoSxX

XxKFxChAoSxX Enthusiast

Ratings:
    It's most likely impossible.

3. OP
    Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Contributor

Ratings:
    Can I extract the kv through nandpro , I thought you could unless I read it wrong.

4. eclipsegsxr

eclipsegsxr Enthusiast

Ratings:
    You can extract the nand from a broken xbox. From there you can also extract your kv.bin but without being able to boot the box there is no way to get your fusesets.

• Like Like x 1
  5. decima7e

decima7e Contributor

Ratings:
    nandpro oldnand.bin: -r16 kv.bin 1 1

nandpro newnand.bin: -w16 kv.bin 1 1

It will only work depending on what type of mobo your new xbox has and what type the old has. (i.e you can't unban some boards)

you might need to do the same cmd's except with config.bin 3de 2 instead of kv.bin 1 1

I don't think you need the CPU key of the old box, but then again I have never unbanned one before so I don't really know, the above was just intuitive.

6. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Yes you need the CPU key to Decrypt the keyvault.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Contributor

Ratings:
    So in other words you cant get the KV?

8. decima7e

decima7e Contributor

Ratings:
    yes

edit:

would this xbox be possible to repair? you should attempt a reflow with a hair dryer or something if you are getting RROD, else tell us what the issue is.

9. eclipsegsxr

eclipsegsxr Enthusiast

Ratings:
    There is no problem getting the keyvault from your NAND dump. The problem is getting the cpu key since you have no video.

10. OP
    Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Contributor

Ratings:
    Lets just say that we used hot glue, no further explanation. Its %100 not fixable and that would be a fact. Unless I was god or something this thing is broke.

Edit: Lets just say there are capacitors glued to the board! It wasnt my fault either it was the guy that I bought them off for $40.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.