• Start date
  • Views 920
HAWK zer0

HAWK zer0

GTA V HOST
Frame In Gold Stickied Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello, I havent been around for a while and I have a few questions about retail bans!
Ok so first of all I know that retails get banned when running jtags/rgh`s on the same network, as to why I am still not sure? However it seems that is the sad truth?
I have not used an rgh or jtag online since a few years back, simply because I dont want my retail banned.
Now my question is why do retails get banned when they are not associated with the modified consoles?
Is there a way to prevent bans? I even called Microsoft support to ask for their input on the situation but there answer was so long as that xbox is not modding it will not be banned even if the modified is banned?
Dorms share internet with hundreds of xbox at a time and I couldn't imagine they all get banned just because someone was running a modified console online?
There must be a way to prevent it or an actual sequence as to why it happens?
Anyways if anyone could shed some light on the subject and maybe share some very effective ways to stay unbanned I would really appreciate it!
I would very much like to actually take my rgh online instead of keeping it offline for so long, however with being a competitive gamer and actually having sentimental value towards my halo reach xbox I honestly would cry if I got banned lol
So please throw me your surefire methods vpns for days, proxies, hotspots, etc...

Big_Ddog

Big_Ddog

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello, I havent been around for a while and I have a few questions about retail bans!
Ok so first of all I know that retails get banned when running jtags/rgh`s on the same network, as to why I am still not sure? However it seems that is the sad truth?
I have not used an rgh or jtag online since a few years back, simply because I dont want my retail banned.
Now my question is why do retails get banned when they are not associated with the modified consoles?
Is there a way to prevent bans? I even called Microsoft support to ask for their input on the situation but there answer was so long as that xbox is not modding it will not be banned even if the modified is banned?
Dorms share internet with hundreds of xbox at a time and I couldn't imagine they all get banned just because someone was running a modified console online?
There must be a way to prevent it or an actual sequence as to why it happens?
Anyways if anyone could shed some light on the subject and maybe share some very effective ways to stay unbanned I would really appreciate it!
I would very much like to actually take my rgh online instead of keeping it offline for so long, however with being a competitive gamer and actually having sentimental value towards my halo reach xbox I honestly would cry if I got banned lol
So please throw me your surefire methods vpns for days, proxies, hotspots, etc...

You do know taking a modded console online takes XBLSE and that is 20$ a day... I don't think anyone is that die hard of a gamer. Everyone who does it, just does it to mess with the game and level themselves up/Make money off people hosting... basically ruin it.

Evil Tim

Evil Tim

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Youado know taking a modded console online takes XBLSE and that is 20$ a day... I don't think anyone is that die hard of a gamer. Everyone who does it, just does it to mess with the game and level themselves up/Make money off people hosting... basically ruin it.

That didn't have anything to do with what he asked, and you don't have to buy XBLSE to get online...

Big_Ddog

Big_Ddog

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
That didn't have anything to do with what he asked, and you don't have to buy XBLSE to get online...
Sooo....Telling me I'm wrong is answering his question..?

And you may be right about not buying xblse. But I don't see anyone here telling someone how to do it. Whats the point in running around like a child saying "it can be done but I'm not going to tell you." Just keep it shut or share how to. Because I can bet "YOU" didn't figure it out and someone told you how to do it.

Last edited:
HAWK zer0

HAWK zer0

GTA V HOST
Reaction score
Sin$
Anyways, dont worry about getting it online leave that to me!
Im just trying to get some input as to why they get banned, maybe a sequence or pattern of things done?
retails should not get banned regardless of what the modified console has done!
Its almost like banning an ip which is illegal for them to do? Just imagine an entire campus of 360`s banned because of one single student running his modified console online.

Big_Ddog

Big_Ddog

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Anyways, dont worry about getting it online leave that to me!
Im just trying to get some input as to why they get banned, maybe a sequence or pattern of things done?
retails should not get banned regardless of what the modified console has done!
Its almost like banning an ip which is illegal for them to do? Just imagine an entire campus of 360`s banned because of one single student running his modified console online.

Xbox has checks, I believe it's in the hypovisor I could be wrong, But that will send data to xbox and tell them that your running unassigned code, and they will instaban you.

As for a campus I wouldn't know.

HAWK zer0

HAWK zer0

GTA V HOST
Reaction score
Sin$
Xbox has checks, I believe it's in the hypovisor I could be wrong, But that will send data to xbox and tell them that your running unassigned code, and they will instaban you.

As for a campus I wouldn't know.
:facepalm: I meant why the retails get banned, they are not modified?
I know rgh/jtags get banned because of course the hypervisor is modified and it doesn't pass the checks!
However if you can get it online then all those checks are bypassed in which case idk why they are banned but none the less I dont care! Im just interested in why retails get banned and how to avoid it!

Big_Ddog

Big_Ddog

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Well now use some common sense. Why would xbox ban just a modified console on a network and leave you with another xbox you can modify. They are going to take you for all you got if your violating their terms of service.

Taser

Taser

༼ つ ◉_◉ ༽つ
Bright Idea Modder Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
The easiest way to make sure you dont get both banned, is to have 2 routers. One for the retail one for the rgh. The second thing you could do is change your mac every before and after you use the rgh. As for campuses, ms can obviously see that there is like 50+ xboxs connected to the network and just ban the one, but this is just my assumption.

HAWK zer0

HAWK zer0

GTA V HOST
Reaction score
Sin$
Well now use some common sense. Why would xbox ban just a modified console on a network and leave you with another xbox you can modify. They are going to take you for all you got if your violating their terms of service.
your absolutely no help, nor do you have a slight clue as to why they are banned but you do seem to grasp that micro$oft is greedy! Anyways If someone has some real input let me know, as I dont want to have to run to separate networks!

Big_Ddog

Big_Ddog

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
your absolutely no help, nor do you have a slight clue as to why they are banned but you do seem to grasp that micro$oft is greedy! Anyways If someone has some real input let me know, as I dont want to have to run to separate networks!
What kind of answer are you looking for...? If m$ detects your using a hacked nand/running unassigned code, it will ban your rgh/jtag xbox. Any other retail xbox associated with your ip address it will ban as well.

You can also use a VPN service by setting up the VPN on a laptop and bridging the connection to your JTAG while playing your retail on your regular network. just fine.

You can change your mac address like above said. Just make sure M$ can't detect your 2 xbox's on the same network and you will be fine.

Taser

Taser

༼ つ ◉_◉ ༽つ
Bright Idea Modder Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
What kind of answer are you looking for...? If m$ detects your using a hacked nand/running unassigned code, it will ban your rgh/jtag xbox. Any other retail xbox associated with your ip address it will ban as well.
Not necessarily, its usually if you are doing more extreme stuff (like xuid editing) that they ban your retail as well.

Big_Ddog

Big_Ddog

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Not necessarily, its usually if you are doing more extreme stuff (like xuid editing) that they ban your retail as well.
Well either way there is a chance, especially if your running your retail and jtag at the same time on the same network your obviously doing something shifty lol. Better to use a vpn or other router play it safe.

Top Bottom
Login
Register