What's new

Discussion [RESULT] .cfg mods on RETAIL!

• Thread starter iTzZ Fenix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,849
I

iTzZ Fenix

Getting There
Reaction score
I have a flashed xbox and tried to modify the code_post_gfx_mp.ff

I changed the developer_mp.cfg with the following mods:

Code:
set developeruser "1"
set enableDvarWhitelist "0"
set sv_restoreDvars "0"
set ui_hostOptionsEnabled "1"
set party_iamhost "1"
set sv_cheats "1"
set ui_debug_localVarString "1"
set xblive_playEvenIfDown "1"
set xrequirelivesignin "0"
set xstartprivateparty "1"
set console "1"
set XONLINE "1"
set session_immediateDeleteTinySessions "0"
set scr_forcerankedmatch "1"
set r_detail "1"
set g_compassShowEnemies "1"
set player_sustainAmmo "1"
set player_sprintSpeedScale "5"
set cg_drawShellshock "0"
set scr_game_suicidepointloss "1"
set scr_dm_score_suicide "4000"
set scr_dm_score_kill "4000"
set scr_dm_score_headshot "4000"
set scr_dm_score_assist "4000"
set r_znear "35"
set player_burstFireCooldown "0"
set cg_laserForceOn "1"
set bg_fallDamageMinHeight "999"

bind BUTTON_RTRIG	"+attack"
bind BUTTON_LTRIG	"+speed_throw"

bind BUTTON_RSHLDR	"toggle player_sustainAmmo 1 0"
bind BUTTON_LSHLDR	"toggle scr_xpscale 100 300 700 4000 2417000"

bind BUTTON_RSTICK	"+melee"
bind BUTTON_LSTICK	"+breath_sprint"

set gpad_button_rstick_deflect_max	1.0
set gpad_button_lstick_deflect_max	1.0

bind BUTTON_A		"+gostand"
bind BUTTON_B		"+stance"
bind BUTTON_X		"toggle jump_height 32 200 500 999"
bind BUTTON_Y		"weapnext"

bind DPAD_UP		"god"
bind DPAD_DOWN		"noclip"
bind DPAD_LEFT		"toggle scr_dm_score_kill 4000 1000"
bind DPAD_RIGHT		"toggle scr_testclients 5 10 15 17"

I tested with COD4 because I had my original mw2 and could not copy it but I'm sure the mw2 will not be different!

Result: The game starts but when I select the multiplayer option crashes my xbox

will not work because the .cfg must be inside of code_post_gfx_mp.ff being outside the xbox will not recognize

ideas?

Thank you!

R

Robin

Relentless
Reaction score
You can´t run the modified files on a retail xbox because they are are signed.

M

XEL1TE PLUMX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you have to create a .cfg and put that inside of the iso. then exec it with binds.

C

crook47

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just letting you know IF you were to get it to work god and noclip wont work on cod 4 or mw2. It was removed from cod 4 and it never existed in mw2 multiplayer

D

Dakota628

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man I guess i should post this now.. Hopefully it doesn't start a fire like Lee's did. It is possible to mod GSC and CFG on a retail xbox 360 in multiplayer. I have been working on this for a few weeks now and am getting very very close to getting it. All I need is somebody I trust who has a JTAG to infect me. Yes this method does need a jtag infection but there is a lot more to it then that. Props if anybody gets it ahead of me..

J

JaypaK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just letting you know IF you were to get it to work god and noclip wont work on cod 4 or mw2. It was removed from cod 4 and it never existed in mw2 multiplayer

What are you talking about there was no-clip in MW2. Here a video:

D

DominatorXD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are you talking about there was no-clip in MW2. Here a video:
No there is not. That is scripted like Lost4468's cod4 one. Try to correct me and I will just quote your Video on the top left [ (Y) Chase ] pretty sure that's spectator...

A

Ares

Just a Small Town Girl Livin' in a Lonely World
Reaction score
Man I guess i should post this now.. Hopefully it doesn't start a fire like Lee's did. It is possible to mod GSC and CFG on a retail xbox 360 in multiplayer. I have been working on this for a few weeks now and am getting very very close to getting it. All I need is somebody I trust who has a JTAG to infect me. Yes this method does need a jtag infection but there is a lot more to it then that. Props if anybody gets it ahead of me..
Hey, I know you don't really know me, but I would be happy to test whatever you want with my Jtag right now/anytime
smile.gif

T

Twisted Impulse

Reaction score
What are you talking about there was no-clip in MW2.
You're so stupid, that isn't noclip, that is a scripted mod that mimics the noclip command.
The noclip command was part of the game's multiplayer in all the CoDs from CoD5 backwards, but was removed from CoD4 when binds were patched, and they simply didn't add it to MW2 to save themselves the hassle of having to patch it. :lol: Lucky for them too, or we'd have noclip & god mode online now! :lol:

Do you realise there is already a method to infect binds on a retail through a jtag? It's been released for a good week or so now, go look in the MW2/CoD4 modding forums! :lol:

OP! - The reason going into multiplayer crashes your xbox is because you modded the code_post_gfx_mp.ff, which has protection on it. Once you modified that file you broke the protection, which needs to be removed from the xex. Removing that protection breaks the signature on the xex, which would stop it from running on your xbox, hence why you need a jtag to mod MW2 on the 360. :wink:

I

iTzZ Fenix

Getting There
Reaction score
Well my friend got a bigger idea and his xbox is running my modded code_post_gfx_mp.ff on retail but my mods wont load...

i will make more tests and if it works i will make an relase!

thank you guys

D

Dakota628

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, I know you don't really know me, but I would be happy to test whatever you want with my Jtag right now/anytime
smile.gif

You got aim?

Well my friend got a bigger idea and his xbox is running my modded code_post_gfx_mp.ff on retail but my mods wont load...

i will make more tests and if it works i will make an relase!

thank you guys

He's lying. It is IMPOSSIBLE to modify the multiplayer files and run them without modifying the xex and removing the hash checks which would break the signature making it unsigned. Unsigned code can only run on a jtaged console.

Top Bottom