• Views 1,474
Status
Not open for further replies.
II WaStEdPrO II

II WaStEdPrO II

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Its all making my head spin, which resigners( like .map and everything) do what and what does the CON resigner do and all of this LIVE containe stuff mean? Please dont get to complicated with me, im not good with modding.

David5534

David5534

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Map resigners resign maps (maps let you edit lots of things), CON file resigner resigns container files (for halo 3 forge maps are keept in these), LIVE containers hold files from xbl (like videos and games from the market place). Hope that helps.
P.S. my info might not be 100% what your looking for so wait for shadow or someone whos a bit smarter on the subject to reply.

Z

Zieon Eslador

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
David5534 said:
Map resigners resign maps (maps let you edit lots of things), CON file resigner resigns container files (for halo 3 forge maps are kept in these), LIVE containers hold files from XBL (like videos and games from the market place). Hope that helps.
P.S. my info might not be 100% right so wait for shadow or someone who is a bit smarter on the subject to reply.
Correct. You should trust yourself more, this has been pounded into your head by Shad0w and Haxalot.^_^

David5534

David5534

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
I should re-word my P.S., I ment it might not have been what he was looking for or i didn't provide all the info needed.

II WaStEdPrO II

II WaStEdPrO II

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
David5534 said:
Map resigners resign maps (maps let you edit lots of things), CON file resigner resigns container files (for halo 3 forge maps are keept in these), LIVE containers hold files from xbl (like videos and games from the market place). Hope that helps.
P.S. my info might not be 100% what your looking for so wait for shadow or someone whos a bit smarter on the subject to reply.
Thanks that helped but a countainer such as the containers we open in WXPirs

David5534

David5534

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Yah but if you remove a file or add a file the container needs resigning.

II WaStEdPrO II

II WaStEdPrO II

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
David5534 said:
Yah but if you remove a file or add a file the container needs resigning.
Yeah but do you know how to inject(not extract) maps onto WXpirs or is this not released and ONE more question i promise, would we resign the map along with the container file? or is that unecasary.

Thanks

Z

Zieon Eslador

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
XxXRandyManXxX said:
Yeah but do you know how to inject(not extract) maps onto WXpirs or is this not released and ONE more question i promise, would we resign the map along with the container file? or is that unecasary.

Thanks
Forge variants are only protected by container files, truly edited maps can't be resigned yet. If you remember Halo 2 resigning it is almost like that except a hundred times more complex with an added barrier. Right now it is done through a real time connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register