Resigner that doens't rehash?

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Modding' started by XanderChaos, Nov 26, 2008 with 15 replies and 729 views.

1. XanderChaos

XanderChaos Member

Ratings:
    This isn't really related to Halo 3 Modding, but seemed the most appropriate since there isn't a generic 360 Modding section.

So I'm trying to mod a CON and no matter what resigner I use, it generates the wrong hash at 0x32C and sometimes at 0x381 too. I only need it to resign the top of the header, not rehash. Are there any known resigners that do this and can draw from an external KV (since any that it would use are probably banned, I'd use my own)?

2. DJ Shepherd

DJ Shepherd Banned

Ratings:
    no all resigners should be able to take the right hash, if you change the ID's or something in the header, the hash will change, not only that, are you confusing that you think its taking the hash wrong or the fact that all resigners to the public dont work anymore for the new dashboard bans the public kv

3. OP
    XanderChaos

XanderChaos Member

Ratings:
    It's the header CON from HDD-installed games and generates hashes differently. All I'm doing is resigning the original CON, I haven't changed ANYTHING. The hashes shouldn't change.

4. DJ Shepherd

DJ Shepherd Banned

Ratings:
    talk to me on msn or aim or yim, ill try and help you out, itll be easier one on one
    msn - tjdadjplssoccer@yahoo.com
    yim - tjdadjplssoccer
    aim - tantheman1991 or dalavinfox

5. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Haha, I had a signer for that when I was doing the same thing as you're trying to do :tongue:

But yea, it doesn't matter because unless you are using the your xbox's own KV, if you try to load the game, it will ask you to reinstall it.

6. ddxcb

ddxcb Contributor

Ratings:
    Can u tell me where its located :wink:

7. DJ Shepherd

DJ Shepherd Banned

Ratings:
    there's actually a few things SO different to the header file than that of a standard CON file, it cannot be fixed through a standard resigner

rehashing of the files is not the same at all, totally different

but the installed game should be under partition 3, 0000000000000, the game ID folder, 00004000

and apparently as unknown v2 said, it has to be of your KV but EDIT: unknown, are you sure? because what if you take off your HDD and put it on another Xbox? it would have to read that KV instead

8. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    It's basically a LIVE file in CON container. My guess is they used the same format as of the Xbox originals, but the file has to be CON because it has to be able to be generated whenever on your Xbox.

9. DJ Shepherd

DJ Shepherd Banned

Ratings:
    ^^ this to unknown, and also, it is NOT anything like a LIVE file, its it sooooo weird

10. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    No, apparently you can't, because on the message screen, it told me that the file was not generated on the current HDD and Console. So, it has to be the same console and HDD it was originally created on for it to load.

And Shep, I compared one my games to the file that came with San Andreas. It has basically the same properties (with differences obviously).

11. DJ Shepherd

DJ Shepherd Banned

Ratings:
    there are so many differences, structures are so not the same at all as a LIVE or a CON file, structures of Data and Hash tables are no where near the same as a standard container file

12. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Are we talking about the same files here ;p?

Get one aim :wink:

13. DJ Shepherd

DJ Shepherd Banned

Ratings:
    Ya cleared up on AIM, talking about two different things, lulz, but the structures are slightly different, and the KV does matter so ya

14. Supermodder911

Supermodder911 Getting There

Ratings:
    Everything is the same. The format follows the "CON" content package format.

15. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    It was a miscommunication :tongue: .

16. DJ Shepherd

DJ Shepherd Banned

Ratings:
    sort of, minor differences, such as start spot of the master hash and what is of, how many data sections there are per hash table, etc etc