{ReQ} Modding a newer controller (New Motherboard)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Hardware Customizations' started by ii CoRrUpT xX, Jul 10, 2009 with 7 replies and 1,207 views.

1. ii CoRrUpT xX

ii CoRrUpT xX Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Wow, this is my first post in a while; but I am glad to be back. My friend's dad is modding my Xbox 360 controller for me. Only one problem, it's a newer controller. I would greatly appreciate it if someone would be able to either link me to a tut, or create a tut on how to make a rapid fire controller using a new motherboard (without a chip). Thanks.

2. Ghost In Black

Ghost In Black ░░░▒▒▒▓▓▓Ghost▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░

Ratings:
    You can't mod the newer controller without a chip. Even if you did have an older controller that type of rapidfire is pretty unreliable.

3. OP
    ii CoRrUpT xX

ii CoRrUpT xX Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Unreliable as in what way? If you are talking about being detected on like CoD5, that is a different matter, as I only play CoD4. My friend has a homemade one that works fine (it is an older controller). Thanks for the reply.

4. Ghost In Black

Ghost In Black ░░░▒▒▒▓▓▓Ghost▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░

Ratings:
    No I just mean it usually stops working after a while, especially if you're not that great at soldering. (Not that I'm saying you're a bad solderer.) Plus, it's not too good for your controller's circuit board. Using a Pic chip is probably the best method, although you could use a 555 timer too.

5. OP
    ii CoRrUpT xX

ii CoRrUpT xX Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well I have never actually bought something online, and I wouldn't even know what I am looking for.

6. socalsniiiper

socalsniiiper Newbie

Ratings:
    buy one on ebay there pre programmed so all u have to do is solder it. A cheap 3 mode works on COD4 and COD5 for $10. If you want other ones that are faster and have more mods (burst modes) etc. more expensive. They all come with instructions or a diagram that shows u where to solder.

7. Downin

Downin Enthusiast

Ratings:
    PTW Gaming get instructions and a kit from there, really easy.

8. mr squishy

mr squishy Enthusiast

Ratings:
    whats a good chip for H3?