• Thread starter bloodhoundgang1
  • Start date
  • Views 533
B

bloodhoundgang1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I have a Liteon DG-16D2S 02150C drive. I'm wanting to replace it, but I can't find a replacement drive with the same firmware version. Does this matter? Or can I use any other firmware version. I've already got it dumped so that's not a problem. I'm just not too familiar with drive replacements seeing as I've never had to do one before.

EDIT: Also, if I were to just replace the laser would this one work properly:http://www.ebay.com/itm/XBox-360-La...-On-DG-16D2S-DG16-D2S-09C-Drive-/290742282179

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Harben

Harben

Future IT Guy
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
So I have a Liteon DG-16D2S 02150C drive. I'm wanting to replace it, but I can't find a replacement drive with the same firmware version. Does this matter? Or can I use any other firmware version. I've already got it dumped so that's not a problem. I'm just not too familiar with drive replacements seeing as I've never had to do one before.

EDIT: Also, if I were to just replace the laser would this one work properly:http://www.ebay.com/itm/XBox-360-La...-On-DG-16D2S-DG16-D2S-09C-Drive-/290742282179

As long as you spoof the drive with all the information from the older drive, you'll have no problems.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
B

bloodhoundgang1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
As long as you spoof the drive with all the information from the older drive, you'll have no problems.

Excellent. Found a cheaper laser after a bit of searching around. Gonna order it and hope to have it by the middle of next week. I may order a motor as well just to be on the safe side. If neither work I can attempt a drive swap (which in reality would be easier but cost me a bit more than I'd like).

Harben

Harben

Future IT Guy
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Excellent. Found a cheaper laser after a bit of searching around. Gonna order it and hope to have it by the middle of next week. I may order a motor as well just to be on the safe side. If neither work I can attempt a drive swap (which in reality would be easier but cost me a bit more than I'd like).

It is an older drive, it'd be a good idea to have the spare parts laying around for when it finally dies.

A Toast

A Toast

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$

i've got an spare 16ds2 dvd drive, if you want it pm me.

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
yep but most of new games need a newer dash to be played.
True :biggrin:, though do you know what happens if you update while using a spoofed drive? I guess it flashes the new firmware and that ****s the drive up so even if you use the USB version and don't go online so your not banned you would still be screwed.

A Toast

A Toast

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
True :biggrin:, though do you know what happens if you update while using a spoofed drive? I guess it flashes the new firmware and that ****s the drive up so even if you use the USB version and don't go online so your not banned you would still be screwed.
Updater would throw an error even before it would Apply it due to hardware identification.

Top Bottom
Login
Register