What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Solved Replacing a Completly Broken Disc Drive.

Mobfather Repair

Mobfather Repair

Console Technician
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello everyone I bought Trinity Xbox 360 and the disc drive is stuck open.

What I know a gear is missing in the drive.
It is a Lite-On drive.

I plan to rgh this console myself in the future.

Last edited:
Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello everyone I will be buying a broken slim console soon. All that it is wrong with it is the disc drive, apparently a gear broke and fell out of the console. Is it possible to replace the disc drive with an identical one. I do not intend to keep the console retail, I plan to RGH console shortly after the repair.
You can easily replace it, but it'll require you to get the DVD Key from the old one.

The hardware to do so would cost you about $60.
Most people offer a DVD Key retrieval for free - So be sure to check the B/S/T services.

Mobfather Repair

Mobfather Repair

Console Technician
Reaction score
Sin$
You can easily replace it, but it'll require you to get the DVD Key from the old one.

The hardware to do so would cost you about $60.
Most people offer a DVD Key retrieval for free - So be sure to check the B/S/T services.

I was actually going to mod the console myself.

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I was actually going to mod the console myself.
If you're planning on RGHing it, then you'll get the DVD Key from Xell.

However, in order to overwrite the replacement DVD Drive, you'll still need a way to write to it - Such as the X360USB Pro.
Or, you could edit the KV and write the new DVD Drive's key to it, but you'll still run into the problem of retrieving it.

Either way, it'll be a pain in the butt without a X360USB Pro v2.

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
If you have an identical drive, just swap the PCBs over! You said that the gears are the issue, right? Well, grab the PCB from the old drive, put it in the new one and plug it in! :wink:
Or you could just swap over the good gears from the new drive onto the old one, either way, as long as the PCB is the one from your old drive, you won't need to worry about DVD keys and such.

Mobfather Repair

Mobfather Repair

Console Technician
Reaction score
Sin$
If you have an identical drive, just swap the PCBs over! You said that the gears are the issue, right? Well, grab the PCB from the old drive, put it in the new one and plug it in! :wink:
Or you could just swap over the good gears from the new drive onto the old one, either way, as long as the PCB is the one from your old drive, you won't need to worry about DVD keys and such.

Honestly didn't think of that. Was about to send it away for $45 to get fixed.

Top Bottom
Login
Register