Repair questions...

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by axzamxa, Feb 3, 2010 with 10 replies and 325 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. axzamxa

axzamxa Newbie

Ratings:
    I have a RRoD Xbox, out of warranty and missing parts of the case, and another brand new Xbox. I was wondering if it would be possible to switch the cases of my Xbox's and send in the RRoD xbox with my new Xbox's case to be repaired.:?

2. bungi

bungi Enthusiast

Ratings:
    nope the 360 has a couple seals on it and they can tell if its been opened
    The best thing to do is either a reflow or the xclamp trick hybrid, it applies even pressure, fixes many of the 360s problems, prevents flxing, and lasts longer. While the origional xclamp trick causes flexing (bending) so the error will come back

3. decima7e

decima7e Contributor

Ratings:
    that will work, you just need a warrenty sticker and have the box look like it obviously has not been opened. (use your best judgement)

Some people even send it in without a sticker and get it repaired, but I really don't recommend that unless 100% necessary.

4. OP
    axzamxa

axzamxa Newbie

Ratings:
    Could I use my new xbox's warranty sticker?

5. Sixen

Sixen Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yes just carefully take it off. There are a few guides floating around the internet. Try youtube?

6. alc

alc Enthusiast

Ratings:
    you have to be extremely careful because those stickers crease so easily and sometimes the back of them stays on and just the clear film peals off :frown:

7. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
    New warranty stickers are paper. The one you are thinking of is the first warranty sticker which is the silver one that leaves the silver residue on the console when peeled off without heating it first.

8. alc

alc Enthusiast

Ratings:

:wink:

9. dusthead

dusthead Newbie

Ratings:
    didn't see any talk of when the xbox was made...

if the one you're sending in was made before the new stickers came out - i'd look for an old sticker. who knows if they're smart enough to see the new sticker then notice an old board.

10. DressedToKill

DressedToKill Se7en Elite

Ratings:
    The xbox has stickers on the MoBo i think so you would have to switch them aswell

11. OP
    axzamxa

axzamxa Newbie

Ratings:
    The RRoD Xbox is a 2006, and the new Xbox is a 2009.

Does anyone know were I can buy a warranty sticker?:?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.