Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I was asked recently how to remove mission data in Gibbed, specifically the Slaughterhouse ones so that they could do them again. This applies to more than just those particular missions however. Also before anyone asks (as it is all the time):​

You can not add MissionData via Gibbed.

The first thing you'll want to do is open your save in Gibbed. Choose the Raw tab and scroll down to MissionPlaythroughs.

pQzyYg6.jpg

Click the drop down arrow on the right to open a new window.

This will open the Collection Editor for your mission progress throughout all three playthroughs. On the left you should see up to three MissionPlaythroughData fields. These correspond to Normal, TVHM and UVHM. Choose whichever one you want to edit and click the down arrow next to MissionData in the right window.
wavbt1z.jpg

Click the drop down arrow on the right to open a new window
You will now see a list full of MissionData fields in the window to the left. These correspond with missions or multiple missions (we'll get to this in a moment) in your campaign. Once you click on a MissionData field, its properties will show up in the window to the right. You will be able to see which mission it is by the Mission field in the right. (EX: GD_Z1_BanditSlaughter.M_BanditSlaughter5) It may or may not be obvious what mission it is, in the previous example that is Round 5 of the Bandit Slaughter Dome.
wiiAX8W.jpg

To remove a mission completely, simply click on the Red X. To do the Bandit Slaughter Dome again, remove all 5 missions relating to it. Click ok and save your file. When you go in game you should be able to select the first mission from Fink again.

You can also do this with story missions as well but, there are some things to consider. First, story missions are generally given to you by the NPC's and deleting them can cause issues with accepting the mission in game. Also, some story missions in Gibbed contain more than a single mission in game. For example, GD_Episode17.M_Ep17_KillJack, is obviously the last part of the story but, deleting this mission will actually start you in Arid Nexus on the Data Mining mission.

What you can do in this example is delete that last mission and then set the previous mission, GD_Episode16.M_Ep16_LockAndLoad, as Ready to Turn In. You can then go in game and talk to Brick and it will proceed through the story. This should work for most missions this way but, depending on what you edit, you may not be able to proceed in game.

My recommendation for this is to just use it for side missions if possible. For instance if you've accidentally completed Doctor's Orders or found a save you like but, it's already done, you can use this method to unlock it again so you can farm LLM's.
VIDEO TUTORIAL
Came across this little video from Man of Low Moral Fiber so I thought I'd add it here. :smile:

Last edited:
Coach

Coach

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So, would this be how to get the challenges to show back up as exclamation marks on the map? I'm trying to make a xp modded lobby to help people out.

M

matrixphijr

Reaction score
Sin$
Does anyone know if/how to reset whatever it is that scales quests and enemies for, say, DLCs & head hunters? For instance, if you enter Oasis at level 15 (or Sanctuary level 15 or whatever actually sets the scaling), the quests & enemies will be 15. If you come back later, all you need to do is complete the current quest to get the area to re-scale. But with head hunters, that doesn't really work. Is there any way to manually tell the game to scale to level 25 if you're 25 or 30 if you're 30 or whatever?
I recently made a new character for a fresh playthrough, and my plan was to visit the first 2 HHs after finishing the story (Normal mode) because those 2 especially have decent chances for good loot. However, when I go there (at level 37 and after completing the story), both the quests and enemies are stuck at 15. No, I hadn't gone to either of them on that character before, and even after deleting the teleport locations as discovered and the mission data, re-transporting still sets them at 15 for some reason. The only reason I can think of for why it's happening is because I played through parts of the main game with a friend & maybe he'd already been there & the scaling rubbed off on my game or something. But that's just a guess -- I have no idea why it's happening.
Not that it would be a huge loss on Normal mode, but now it's more the principle of the thing: I hate not being able to fix things & having a feeling of success after being frustrated by a problem.

xizd

xizd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I know it's a lot to ask but could someone make a list of side missions that can be safely altered? Thanks.

xizd

xizd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
By altered I mean being able to play again like the Bandit Slaughter example in the OP. What else you got?

xizd

xizd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You can also do this with story missions as well but, there are some things to consider. First, story missions are generally given to you by the NPC's and deleting them can cause issues with accepting the mission in game. Also, some story missions in Gibbed contain more than a single mission in game. For example, GD_Episode17.M_Ep17_KillJack, is obviously the last part of the story but, deleting this mission will actually start you in Arid Nexus on the Data Mining mission.

So you can replay all missions, but there might be consequences. Which can you safely alter?

ImmortalBanana1

ImmortalBanana1

Borderlands isn't just a game; it's a lifestyle!
Reaction score
Sin$
I am having issues trying to reset any missions, I followed Deftoned's video step by step but when I try to pick up the mission for the creature slaughter dome it will allow me to click it to start with but when I go to accept the mission nothing happens and I get that sound that indicates 'computer said no'

Felipe o Belo

Felipe o Belo

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello. I am in playthrough 01. I am trying to change the quest level from 16 to 25 which is my level now, but It keeps resetting in level 16. Is there anyone who could help me ?

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello. I am in playthrough 01. I am trying to change the quest level from 16 to 25 which is my level now, but It keeps resetting in level 16. Is there anyone who could help me ?
If you want to make custom quest levels, it has to be done in a 4th Playthrough.

Felipe o Belo

Felipe o Belo

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi. Thank you. So that means that during playthrough 1 I can reset missions but not change their levels? So I m on level 25 and will have to go through missions like level 9, 11, 16 ?? That is really boring. Thank you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register