• Start date
  • Views 1,168
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ajpsk8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, i'm working on my h^gh ground mod and I have been trying to move the barriers. I know you cannot delete them, so I simply tried moving the coordinates of all of theese tags:

wall_l (chunks 1+2)
wall_m (chunks 1+2)
wall_xl (chunks 1+2)
wall_xxl (chunks 1+2)
wall_xxxl (chunks 1+2)

box_l (chunks 1+2)
box_m (chunks 1+2)
box_xl (chunks 1+2)
box_xxl (chunks 1+2)
box_xxxl (chunks 1+2)

I find it strange that there are only 2 chunks per each barrier (idk if these are the barriers), but anyways i changed the Z (up/down) to -20, and change the chunk type to Original.

Has anyone had success in moving/removing barriers? Am I even modifying the correct objects? (i presumed walls were barriers and boxes were death barriers)

thanks,
-s

S

S1R34L

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, I don't think that is possible without .map modding...sorry...

J

Justin

#mmNation
Reaction score
Its not. Its just like removing containment barriers in Halo 2.

D

DJ Shepherd

Banned
Reaction score
no he is talking about invisible barriers, not death barriers, invisible barriers are in forge maps and in .maps, no one knows much about the invisible barriers and how to use them in forge variants, many have tried, none have prevailed...

and mastermodder, you just said removing barriers like in halo 2... in halo 2 YOU MAP MODDED xDDDDDDD

C

Curous

Banned
Reaction score
Even if you could remove the invisible barriers, it'd be pointless as you cant remove the death barriers so you would just die anyways:tongue:

M

miinaturvat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...but the death barriers tend to be a lot further out than ordinary barriers...

L

LXV Grizzly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used the invisible barreirs VERY well in my map. If you want add me and ill show it to you. My GT is LXV Grizzly just like my name.

J

Justin

#mmNation
Reaction score
LXV Grizzly said:
I used the invisible barreirs VERY well in my map. If you want add me and ill show it to you. My GT is LXV Grizzly just like my name.
That had nothing to do with this thread except for the works "invisible barriers"

S

S1R34L

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LXV Grizzly said:

He wants remove the barriers, not add them...

A

adidasoverkill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did this on narrows back when I was using hex I swapped all
walls to small walls and all boxes to xxl boxes.
It Worked! But just after the Invisable wall there is a 2nd push back barrier (Like the one by the lake in Vallhalla) I did move them tho, try swapping them for others.
There are 2 of each wall/box in each map. Mod so you get 8 small walls and 8 xxl boxes. HTH :thumbup:

E

Eazy B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.map scenario contains this stuff...... ive said this so many times it isnt funny. We need to make a sticky that says YOU CANT REMOVE BARRIERS.

L

LXV Grizzly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh sorry I was thinking about adding them, ive never tried to remove them...

K

Keygiwawa

Reaction score
Adding them is easy but removing them is .map mod<_<.

L

Lost4468

Contributor
Reaction score
Why isn't .map modding currently possible?

R

Reissiboy

Reaction score
This doesn't work, I tried it awhile ago.

D

DJ Shepherd

Banned
Reaction score
adding barriers = you can
removing them = you cant
as stated 300 times, please read posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom