Tools remote debugger for the Xbox 360

• Thread starter warrantyvoider
  • Start date
  • Views 8,847
warrantyvoider

warrantyvoider

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi! I wrote myself a small debugger that should imitate ollydbg's style and wanted to share with you guys

n0LpDr9.png

requirements: xbdm and jrcp2 installed, xbox 360 neighborhood working

features:
General Infos: Name, IP Address, CPU Key, Kernel Version, Current Executable
File Browser: preview/save files, run xex executable
Modules: show base address in dump, show entry point in dump or cpu, explore sections
Memory Regions: browse all allocated memory sections, see which sections are inside
Memory Dump: dump memory or write back to it with hex editor, load/save from/to file, hex pattern search
CPU: play, pause, step(if breakpoint was reached, not yet working for branching!), disassembly of ppc, current threads, current thread's registers
Trace: Load/save/clear and see register changes
Overall Options: break on Module Load, break on Thread Create, record breakpoints to trace

[Click here to view this link]
VirusTotal

let me know if you need some feature, maybe I can easily add it

greetz WV

PS: any help is more than welcome!
PPS: demo

Last edited:
warrantyvoider

warrantyvoider

Reaction score
Sin$
added basic tracing, as in, whenever a breakpoint is reached, it records all registers, a trace viewer then shows you which registers change from step to step (stepping currently is just advancing the current breakpoint by 4 bytes)
Sug6uGi.png

now on github
VirusTotal

greetz WV

warrantyvoider

warrantyvoider

Reaction score
Sin$
ok, now I added a view for the sections of each module:

rvQJnqT.png

a browser for all memory regions:

epQjRKX.png

you can open a memory region from both locations in a memory dump window from the context menu

x4z4Y43.png

it now allows to write a dump to file or load one from it, I also added a basic hex pattern search function. this tool becomes more and more usable for me :smile: let me know if you have ideas

now on github
VirusTotal

greetz WV

warrantyvoider

warrantyvoider

Reaction score
Sin$
I added sloppy "step into", as in, if an offset is used, that gets a breakpoint, otherwise the addresses in LR and CTR get a breakpoint, sofar this works well enough for me, just dont step through any __savegprlr_XX function, that crashes the cpu (I guess because multiple threads would use it or I dont know)

anyway here a demo video of it in action:

greetz WV

warrantyvoider

warrantyvoider

Reaction score
Sin$
oh wow, didnt knew theres windbg for xbox! well I cant really beat that^^ maybe add scripting or so, dunno. Do you maybe have a good tutorial on setting that up? My main focus was on disassembly and beeing able to set BP/step code, this would ofc have it all! Btw, I thought about adding my decompiler and graphing lib (you know, control flow graphs), anyone need for that? (Im currently not reversing anything on xbox as I found out what I needed [Click here to view this link])

greetz

DeathRGH

DeathRGH

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Sin$
oh wow, didnt knew theres windbg for xbox! well I cant really beat that^^ maybe add scripting or so, dunno. Do you maybe have a good tutorial on setting that up? My main focus was on disassembly and beeing able to set BP/step code, this would ofc have it all! Btw, I thought about adding my decompiler and graphing lib (you know, control flow graphs), anyone need for that? (Im currently not reversing anything on xbox as I found out what I needed [Click here to view this link])

greetz
Something great would be a better version of watson as it is just the worst if it crashes.

warrantyvoider

warrantyvoider

Reaction score
Sin$
after a long fight with "finding the end of a subfunction" I was able to integrate my decompiler too! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
KBor9Rs.png

f5441ld.png

its pretty buggy when trying to decompile complex functions or just partial sections, but imo better than nothing

now on github :tongue:

greetz

Proto

Proto

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$

greetz
nice tool and windbg requires you to be on a dev kernel

D

dr3wful

Reaction score
Sin$
I added sloppy "step into", as in, if an offset is used, that gets a breakpoint, otherwise the addresses in LR and CTR get a breakpoint, sofar this works well enough for me, just dont step through any __savegprlr_XX function, that crashes the cpu (I guess because multiple threads would use it or I dont know)

anyway here a demo video of it in action:

greetz WV

Could you add an option to peek & poke?

XeCrash

XeCrash

C++, C# Coder/Support
Hidden Devils
Free Hoster Seasoned Veteran Programmer
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
This is a really neat project you created here, Warranty Voider!

A

arms04p

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
is this still an active project? Are there others? Something like this really helps to find offsets. You have any tutorials on how to use this?

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register