What's new

Tools remote debugger for the Xbox 360

• Thread starter warrantyvoider
  • Start date
  • Views 4,921
W

warrantyvoider

Reaction score
Hi! I wrote myself a small debugger that should imitate ollydbg's style and wanted to share with you guys

requirements: xbdm and jrcp2 installed, xbox 360 neighborhood working

features:
General Infos: Name, IP Address, CPU Key, Kernel Version, Current Executable
File Browser: preview/save files, run xex executable
Modules: show base address in dump, show entry point in dump or cpu, explore sections
Memory Regions: browse all allocated memory sections, see which sections are inside
Memory Dump: dump memory or write back to it with hex editor, load/save from/to file, hex pattern search
CPU: play, pause, step(if breakpoint was reached, not yet working for branching!), disassembly of ppc, current threads, current thread's registers
Trace: Load/save/clear and see register changes
Overall Options: break on Module Load, break on Thread Create, record breakpoints to trace

[Click here to view this link]
VirusTotal

let me know if you need some feature, maybe I can easily add it

greetz WV

PS: any help is more than welcome!
PPS: demo

Last edited:
W

warrantyvoider

Reaction score
added basic tracing, as in, whenever a breakpoint is reached, it records all registers, a trace viewer then shows you which registers change from step to step (stepping currently is just advancing the current breakpoint by 4 bytes)

now on github
VirusTotal

greetz WV

W

warrantyvoider

Reaction score
ok, now I added a view for the sections of each module:

a browser for all memory regions:

you can open a memory region from both locations in a memory dump window from the context menu

it now allows to write a dump to file or load one from it, I also added a basic hex pattern search function. this tool becomes more and more usable for me :smile: let me know if you have ideas

now on github
VirusTotal

greetz WV

W

warrantyvoider

Reaction score
I added sloppy "step into", as in, if an offset is used, that gets a breakpoint, otherwise the addresses in LR and CTR get a breakpoint, sofar this works well enough for me, just dont step through any __savegprlr_XX function, that crashes the cpu (I guess because multiple threads would use it or I dont know)

anyway here a demo video of it in action:

greetz WV

S

Skyline xL

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Nice Release :smile:

W

warrantyvoider

Reaction score
oh wow, didnt knew theres windbg for xbox! well I cant really beat that^^ maybe add scripting or so, dunno. Do you maybe have a good tutorial on setting that up? My main focus was on disassembly and beeing able to set BP/step code, this would ofc have it all! Btw, I thought about adding my decompiler and graphing lib (you know, control flow graphs), anyone need for that? (Im currently not reversing anything on xbox as I found out what I needed [Click here to view this link])

greetz

D

DeathRGH

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
oh wow, didnt knew theres windbg for xbox! well I cant really beat that^^ maybe add scripting or so, dunno. Do you maybe have a good tutorial on setting that up? My main focus was on disassembly and beeing able to set BP/step code, this would ofc have it all! Btw, I thought about adding my decompiler and graphing lib (you know, control flow graphs), anyone need for that? (Im currently not reversing anything on xbox as I found out what I needed [Click here to view this link])

greetz
Something great would be a better version of watson as it is just the worst if it crashes.

W

warrantyvoider

Reaction score
after a long fight with "finding the end of a subfunction" I was able to integrate my decompiler too! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

its pretty buggy when trying to decompile complex functions or just partial sections, but imo better than nothing

now on github :tongue:

greetz

N

Nighthawk

FearHF
Reaction score

greetz
nice tool and windbg requires you to be on a dev kernel

T

tekcoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is really nice good job

D

dr3wful

Reaction score
I added sloppy "step into", as in, if an offset is used, that gets a breakpoint, otherwise the addresses in LR and CTR get a breakpoint, sofar this works well enough for me, just dont step through any __savegprlr_XX function, that crashes the cpu (I guess because multiple threads would use it or I dont know)

anyway here a demo video of it in action:

greetz WV
Could you add an option to peek & poke?

X

XeCrash

C++, C# Coder/Support
Reaction score
This is a really neat project you created here, Warranty Voider!

T

tekcoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Add file information for selected file!

A

arms04p

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is this still an active project? Are there others? Something like this really helps to find offsets. You have any tutorials on how to use this?

Last edited:
Top Bottom