[Release] WillowTree

Discussion in 'Borderlands Glitches and Modding' started by XanderChaos, Nov 2, 2009 with 835 replies and 377,752 views.

1. imaRobot

imaRobot Enthusiast

Ratings:

I'm having troubles opening the program. Almost immeditely after I click the shortcut on my desktop, it pops open a message stating that WillowTree has stopped working..? Any ideas why this is occuring? And any ways to fix this..

2. OP
    XanderChaos

XanderChaos Enthusiast

Ratings:
    You didn't extract all of the files (just WillowTree#.exe, when you actually need the Data folder too), you tried to run WillowTree# from the zip, or you don't have .NET 3.5 or .NET 4.0.

• Like Like x 1
  3. imaRobot

imaRobot Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Alright, that makes since. Appreciate it man, I'll try again in a few.. Oh yeahh, how do I know which .NET I have..?

4. JackSchitt

JackSchitt Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Open IE put
    Code:
    javascript:alert(navigator.userAgent)
    in the address bar. Then check the window. There should be something (among other infos) with at least .NET CLR 3.5 or .Net4.0 in it. Guess you'll figure out the rest.

5. Daelum

Daelum Enthusiast

Ratings:
    It might be the sav extractor I am using (USB Explorer 360) or it might be WillowTree beta11, but my savs keep becoming corrupt. I can tell two ways:
    1. When I got to System Settings->Memory->USB->Willowtree, it shows my savs with a little happy tiger for the pic instead of the Borderlands sign
    2. My game freezes when I try to load the characters from the usb

I think it might be the beta 11 cause I tried modding them again with Beta10v13 and they worked, so ya...

6. player8410

player8410 Newbie

Ratings:
    I'm running into a problem that I'm hoping someone will be able to tell me how to fix . I'm trying to mod my xbox file for borderlands (I use WT a lot on the PC and love it by the way...thanks to xander ,jack and others for putting it out there). I copy my file to usb using xbox utility, extract it to the pc using xtaf , save a backup copy, try to open the extracted file in WT and kaboom, WT crashes. WT works fine with PC saves, only problem is with the extracted xbox save. I can upload the extracted file into willow shrubbery or the shrubbery glitch fixer, just will not load into WT directly . After shrubbery glitch fixer returns file it does load into WT. Not sure what is going on here. When this kind of thing happens to me it almost invariably turns out that I'm overlooking something obvious. Thanks to any who help.

7. Daelum

Daelum Enthusiast

Ratings:
    You might just have to keep using Willow Shrubbery. If you get tired of that, try using a different extracting program, like Modio or whatever you can find.

8. Curvy

Curvy Newbie

Ratings:
    hi may i know whats the Max skill level that i can edit in willowtree before the savegame becomes corrupt? Saw an old youtube vid around this forum of someone having 999 skill level for hunter and yeah i wanna try how much XP Craw's gonna give if i had 999 Smirk skii lvl heh...... Thx for any advice!

9. Daelum

Daelum Enthusiast

Ratings:
    What are you talking about? Like, Skills on the Skill Tree? The value for those? It usually goes up to 5, I didn't know it worked if you put it past that :/

10. Curvy

Curvy Newbie

Ratings:
    Yeah im referring to the skills on the skill tree. This is an old post dated somewhere ard May take a look at the vids that hunter's got like 999 Skill level on some of his skills and it looks awesome. i dunno if its still doable and i cant find a guide on it. Seems damn fun :lol:

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/213686-ultimate-hacking-borderlands/page__st__40s

11. Daelum

Daelum Enthusiast

Ratings:
    holy crap that guy's accent is hecka annoying.

Anyways, they don't work anymore because he was talking about using a very low level of gravity and having a level 9 million character so ya, sorry, that was before the 1.3 Patch

12. OP
    XanderChaos

XanderChaos Enthusiast

Ratings:
    That's the PC version. You can't go past level 5 without memory editing. You'd need a JTAG and an understanding of memory editing on the 360 to pull it off. It has nothing to do with the 1.3 patch.

13. Daelum

Daelum Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Oh, okay. So, it's next to impossible for the average person.

14. OP
    XanderChaos

XanderChaos Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yeah, pretty much. The only place were there's still space to explore is the PC version. Not that playing the game isn't fun, but in terms of modding I think that pretty much any useful/fun combination of parts has been figured out and used to excess. Oh well, not going to stop me from finishing the final version of WT#.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Daelum

Daelum Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Final version? Why are you going to stop? Is it cause you think Borderlands is going to stop?

16. OP
    XanderChaos

XanderChaos Enthusiast

Ratings:
    No, because I went back and rewrote the code that decompiles/recompiles your saves and I've perfected it (or so I've seen from my tests). If WillowTree# stops having a heart attack on every other person's save, then there won't be much more left that I can do. Not that a few little things wouldn't be included in the final version too.

17. w0lfschild

w0lfschild Enthusiast

Ratings:
    This = The Truth

18. Daelum

Daelum Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Oh, that makes sense. You would make a newer version if another DLC came out, right?

And you could you possibly include the New-U character color changing stuff from WT 1.2?

19. OP
    XanderChaos

XanderChaos Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yes and yes.

20. Daelum

Daelum Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yay! Thank you! You should make it like WillowTree# Ultimate or something and just put every working WillowTree feature in it.