Tools [Release] WillowTree

• Thread starter XanderChaos
  • Start date
  • Views 392,828
E

Erniefrontier

Reaction score
Sin$
It wasn't the Id's. Borderlands has no ID checks so anything works. I often make mine all 0's so I can share my files w/o sharing my profile or console ID's.

And I don't know what tutorial you read but ALL YOU NEED to mod borderlands is Willowtree nothing else is required because Willowtree rehashes every time you save.

The most likely reason your save wasn't working is honestly that you just had a save that willowtree didn't like. I have had completely functional saves on the pc that willowtree wouldn't even recognize as a save... It's not a perfect program but it gets the job done and it is honestly the heart and soul of borderlands modding yet barely gets any credit.

Hi,

Thanks again for the responses, still an utter noob to modding but gettting there.

the reason that I say WT was corrupting my save was because I saved my device ID in CONcept (it started something like 343407.....) and when I loaded the edited save the device ID had changed to 222022. I tried the save with 2222022 and it crashed Borderlands, I then rehased/resigned the save with the console ID I had saved and it loaded perfectly in Borderlands. Just to note I managed to fix the broken saves this way.

On another point, I cannot get a save to work by simply saving it in WT and then loading it in Borderlands. I have to run the save through CONcept and the hash block clac for it not to crash borderlands.

Prob just a noob mistake somewhere along the lines....

WT FTW

Ernie

E

ernie1959

Reaction score
Sin$
yes it might help to use 10r12

just export your quest and echo logs and then import them over the save you download.... And you will then have the exact same quest progress on a different save.

Success! Downloaded 10r12 and your save from page 2. Changed to Lilith, level 28 (1st playthrough - want to level somewhat normally), changed all weapons to level 28, exported my quest/echo logs and imported into your save.

Everything worked perfectly. So I don't know if it had anything to do with starting with your save or using 10r12. You had an amazing collection of weapons in that save. But I don't have the Secret Armory DLC, and some of them say that it's required to use them. So I guess I'm out of luck for those.

Thanks for the help!

w0lfschild

w0lfschild

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks again for the responses, still an utter noob to modding but gettting there.

Try Downloading/using beat10r12 and also in concept null all your ID's to zer0's and resign it and then see if you can stop using concept because you shouldn't have to use it, somehow willowtree is generating an error while rehashing your save.

PS hash block calc=CONcept no need to use 2 rehashers because they do the exact same thing concept just does more.

Everything worked perfectly. So I don't know if it had anything to do with starting with your save or using 10r12. You had an amazing collection of weapons in that save. But I don't have the Secret Armory DLC, and some of them say that it's required to use them. So I guess I'm out of luck for those.

Thanks for the help!

Glad I could help.

T

tmoel1

Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry i haven't been able to get back to here for a few weeks, having net problems :S

Thanks again for the replies, and managed to get it all sorted, however i do have anyother question...

I am using the slightly older version of willowtree, not the latest one with the built in weapon editor, new interface etc. When i started modding borderlands i just had the original unpatched version of the game. Now, i have "The zombie island of dr. ned" and "Mad moxxi's underdome riot" - but not general knoxx (yet). I believe the game has been patched to 1.3(?) but not sure. Will the latest version of Willowtree work with the save files i have, now? As they couldn't before when i had original game version. For those who don't know, this is for PC, not console.

Thanks everyone,

Troy

B

Bubba1982

Reaction score
Sin$
Just wanted to quickly ask if any sort of workaround has been found for the stupid update to borderlands. Are we able to get the insanely powerful guns, shield mods and health mods working again?

w0lfschild

w0lfschild

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just wanted to quickly ask if any sort of workaround has been found for the stupid update to borderlands. Are we able to get the insanely powerful guns, shield mods and health mods working again?
Did you look at a single topic in this forum before you posted that?

B

Bubba1982

Reaction score
Sin$
Did you look at a single topic in this forum before you posted that?

Yes, I did. I just didn't feel like wasting hours trolling though useless dribble trying to answer a question that could be answered with one of two words. Yes or No. come on is it really that hard a question to answer or after being on a forum for a while and getting bored with helping people is it just more satisfying to try and piss them off by giving them the standard "did you use the search button" or "did you even bother to try and find the answer yourself" crap.

And yes whilst I do realise your a mod and will probably ban me for being abusive, to be perfectly honest I am sick of people becoming jaded when they are on forums for too long and choosing to use the same annoying replies when asked a simple question by someone who really doesn't want to waste what little time they have by spending hours reading every single post in a thread.

w0lfschild

w0lfschild

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

I'm not a mod

I wasn't trying to be offensive, What I guess I meant is that if you just looked at the dates of some of the posts you would already see the answer to your question.

If you want cut out the Bull-**** check out this save I made and look at some of the Links in the OP of my thread.

LINK

Over powered guns = Stock guns
Hybrids = closest to pre 1.3
Multi-tut = best glitches
How to hex= Editing gun levels

I also have this video if you are a fresh starter

[video]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se3zb2Nc3eQ
[/video]

But TBH answering the same question again and again gets annoying my response all depends on my current attitude + original perception of newbieness based on length, grammar & subject of their first post.

B

Bubba1982

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not a mod

I wasn't trying to be offensive, What I guess I meant is that if you just looked at the dates of some of the posts you would already see the answer to your question.

If you want cut out the Bull-**** check out this save I made and look at some of the Links in the OP of my thread.

LINK

Over powered guns = Stock guns
Hybrids = closest to pre 1.3
Multi-tut = best glitches
How to hex= Editing gun levels

I also have this video if you are a fresh starter

[video]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se3zb2Nc3eQ
[/video]

But TBH answering the same question again and again gets annoying my response all depends on my current attitude + original perception of newbieness based on length, grammar & subject of their first post.

Thanks for the info.
Oh yeah, just noticed that your not a mod. I had just woken up when I typed my last post and misread the title.
And I understand how it can be frustrating to answer the same question over and over. I've been there and I understand that it gets annoying, but instead of giving the same standard answers of "did you bother searching" and "have you tried google", simply have a text document saved on your desktop with links to the answers to the most asked questions that you come across so you can copy and paste them instead of having to get pissed with being asked the same thing again. It makes for less stress for everyone.

cTc

cTc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Willow tree keeps on shrinking the size of my games saves.

Like mine would be 100kb and when WT was done with it, it would be like 94 or so.

And it just started doing this after I bought all 3 DLCs today.

I've played some of mad moxxi/ zombie island but none of Knoxx (waiting for buddy to get on so we can play together).

So I was thinking maybe it could be that I havent booted up Knoxx DLC yet?

EDIT!!!

I decided to run it through Hash Block Calculator & R&R with modio to be sure and what do you know it worked.

W

WOOPTY

Reaction score
Sin$
Someone might of already said this, but I can't really make a gun. I read a thing to make the gun, but then it said something about importing txt. from somewhere. Can anyone help?

w0lfschild

w0lfschild

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Use http://gearcalc.50webs.com/ then copy the code and use import from clipboard

M

mokupuna

Reaction score
Sin$
im completely new to this modding stuff and i dont know jack about it. i have the pc verion of bl. so i read some of these posts and downloaded the lastest willowtree. i also watch some of the vids and emulated them. the problem is any time i change anything at all and go to resume the game under that character, bl starts a new game. if i use a nonmodded character it works fine. can anyone help me?

CosmicStriker

CosmicStriker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I really like the gearcalc... when using willow tree i have Gearcalc open and make the gun there to see what it's stats will be then copy it over.

when players ask me how to make your own weapons I point them to gearcalc... and tell them if they can't figure out how to use that then forget about using willowtree.

things i've learned using gearcalc.
unless you are going to use the Scorpio and stock you are limited by a few titles and prefixes that will change the weapon stats.

Shredder (combat shotgun title) - add multiplier to damage keeps accuracy up
Anarchy (SMG title) - adds multiplier to damage lowers accuracy can add a little to clip size
Twisted (smg prefix) - adds to damage and to clipsize
Stomper (combat rifle) - adds to damage
Matador (combat shotgun title) - adds damage multiplier and fire rate
Rage (machine pistol title) - adds to fire rate burst
Fury (machine pistol title) - adds to fire rate and clip size
Distant(sniper rifle title) - adds to Accuracy
Wrath (semi auto sniper rifle title) - adds to elemental effect so if your weapon is showing a X1 with a Wrath title it will be X4

Plywood - (names shared) - does not do anything except change the weapons color
(I have not tried any other shared names to see what colors they would change too Gearcalc does not show the colors at this time)

Some other titles together will change the weapons title text color and not do anything to the weapon stats.

Use http://gearcalc.50webs.com/ then copy the code and use import from clipboard

N

Nine-Toes

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm having some problems with willowtree. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I always play local coop with a friend. I've got all 3 expansions. We investigated t-bone junction and got deep into it when the ride exploded and we got massacred trying to make it out on foot. Using WillowTree#Beta10r13 I made a couple of accounts for us to use to play in that level until our main characters are strong enough to do it for real. Starting with new characters I did a few missions, and then boosted them to level 50, added some money, extra storage, weapons, etc. Everything was working fine, and then I realized I forgot to edit proficiencies and add some better grenades. After making the changes the game froze while retrieving the game saves. I replaced the updated willowtree saves with my back-ups of the original willowtree edits and the system started working again (minus the new changes I wanted obviously). After testing I found that now the new willowtree saves are smaller than the working saves. I can take a working save, open it in willowtree, change nothing, hit save and it becomes corrupted (losing 4KB). I searched and found other people with the same problem (many in this thread) however, the recommendations made to them aren't helping me. I saw some saying that there are just some saves that willowtree doesn't like, I've tried others, too. Starting a new game, with a new character, and new save also results in a corrupted file 4KB smaller than the previous. Downloaded saves also get corrupted when making changes.

Some details...

I'm using a flash drive to transfer the saves.
I use Xtaf GUI to transfer the saves back and forth between the flash drive and computer.
I've tried using CONcept to rehash and resign.
I've tried extracting with Modio, editing with Willowtree, then rehashing, resigning, and saving with Modio.
Modio makes changes just fine, but is limited compared to Willowtree.(to the back-up, not the new willowtree output save... once they are corrupted and missing data I haven't been able to use them)
I've also tried WillowTree#Beta10r12 and 1.2.2

EDIT: I've also tried loading the back-ups into the game, playing through some quests and changing locations before extracting them to make another attempt at editing them.

A

A Cookie Bag

Reaction score
Sin$
As soon as I open it an error report pops up before its loaded. What could I do cheers :smile:

XoX

XoX

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
everytime i save and everytime i open after that, my Willowtree crashes

M

Monroe179

Reaction score
Sin$
WillowTree#
WillowTreeIcon.png

Latest version: Beta10r13
Download

Screenshots
-
(click for larger images)

WillowTree is a save editor for Borderlands which manipulates nearly every aspect of the stored data for any platform. This includes, but isn't limited to, weapons/items, quests, level, experience, echo logs, location, and backpack/bank space. WillowTree# is written in C# and uses the .NET 3.5 framework.
Requirements
- A PC, Xbox 360, and/or PS3 with a copy of Borderlands.
- The .NET 3.5 framework. (Not 2.0!)
- Windows XP, Vista, or 7.

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does WillowTree work on ~platform~?
A: WillowTree# works for saves from the Xbox 360, PC, and PS3 versions of Borderlands.

Q: When I load my save I get an error. Help?
A: The most common reason for saves not loading is that you aren't far enough into the game. I'd suggest getting at least 3-4 quests done after you start the game before modding that particular save. Otherwise, I can't help. You can upload your save to a site such as mediafire or sendspace and sending it to me via PM or posting a link to it in this topic.

Q: I edited a weapon/item and it isn't showing up in-game. Why?
A: As of the 1.30 patch, Borderlands no longer accepts "invalid" weapons and items. They simply will not show up when you start your game. If you're sure the gun is valid, make sure you entered/copied it correctly. If you're on a version of Borderlands prior to 1.30, then you probably didn't hit "Save Changes" after editing your gun.

Q: Wait, how do I even open my save?
A: Click on the WillowTree icon in the top left corner. It glows when you scroll over it. Then click "Open".

Q: Why does Borderlands crash when I edit it with WillowTree?
A: WillowTree# is often...buggy, particularly when dealing with DLC data. If you are on an old version of Borderlands, update. If you have weapons in your Moxxi bank, take them out.
If you have no items in your bank, put some in. You could also try using an older version of WillowTree#. Just make sure to backup your saves! WillowTree does it automatically when you hit "Save", but you should always keep your own backups!

Q: How do I open a 'zip'? How do I download '.NET 3.5'?
A: While you obviously aren't capable of doing any real modding, try Google. You know, that place?

Q: I downloaded WillowTree 1.2.2 and it keeps messing up my save. Why?
A: You're on an ancient version of WillowTree. Get WillowTree#, as it has DLC support.

Q: Where can I find premade weapons and items?
A: The Borderlands Modding Resource and the ZeroSubstance Borderlands Weapon & Item Database are excellent places to find what you want.

Q: i hate Willowtree it sucks because people join my game and crash it or blow up everything f u man
A: That's nice, but I didn't make WillowTree# for that purpose. WillowTree# is only meant to help people understand how Borderlands operates and to enhance their gameplay after they've finished the game. If someone uses it to ruin the game for others, it isn't my fault. I don't control how people use my tool.

Q: yea well you shouldnt have made it in the first place
A: Yeah? No. If I didn't, someone else would have. Oh wait, someone did! If not WillowTree, then Gibbed's editor. If not Gibbed's editor, then someone else. People are inherently jerks. Even if there would still be people ruining your experience. You know, like those people that whore all the loot? The kids that never shut their mouths? The trolls? The level 61's that join your level 1 game and obliterate everything? The only difference is how they go about being *******s.

Q: I would like to contribute to WillowTree#'s development. How might I go about this?
A: You can grab the latest sources for WillowTree# here. The current objectives for the project itself can be found here.

Tutorials & Resources
- ducanfogg's Gear Calculator (Useful for creating guns from scrach)
- tRu3_sKiTz0's WillowTree# 101 Tutorial
- dropKAG's WillowTree# Tutorials
- All previous versions of WillowTree#
- WillowTree 1.2.2 (Outdated! Do not use on newer versions of Borderlands!)

Download & More Information
More information and the latest version of WillowTree# can be found at the WillowTree# project page on SourceForge.

Hey im sort of new to modding so if i ask a stupid question please just bear with me. whenever i use tht willowtree# my xbox wont read it no matter what i do!! before it wouldn't even cum up!i put it thru the hash block calculater like 3 times and the best i've gotten is it tellin me it's corrupted!plz help!

Top Bottom
Login
Register