What's new

Game Mods [Release] Gun Game

Viral Elegy

Viral Elegy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Halo Waypoint had a game night tonight. Even what I would consider 343i D-riding moderators on the forums enjoyed Gun Game. Ya doin' good.

D

adderrson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I've been really excited to play this :smile:

If anyone is interested, I've got a lobby set up on Halo Customs to play two straight hours of it 7-9pm GMT :smile:

Here's a link for anyone interested in joining to play some gun game with others this evening.

ManBearPig06

ManBearPig06

The Shiroyasha
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Other than that, it was definitely fun. Here's a livestream gamelink to one I played:

http://www.twitch.tv/taxxoutbr3akxx/c/2460419
That takes you to a blank video that says 'Offline'.
I've been really excited to play this :smile:

If anyone is interested, I've got a lobby set up on Halo Customs to play two straight hours of it 7-9pm GMT :smile:

Here's a link for anyone interested in joining to play some gun game with others this evening.
Make a thread in Matches next time :smile:

TAxxOUTBR3AKxx

TAxxOUTBR3AKxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

It garnered quite a bit of attention, especially after bsangel was thrown in the loop. She suggested I don't make it known that I had it livestreamed. I only have 5 followers at the moment, but over 200 views on it. Didn't want to get too much attention and get my account of 7 years banned :tongue: So I removed it.

Viral Elegy

Viral Elegy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It garnered quite a bit of attention, especially after bsangel was thrown in the loop. She suggested I don't make it known that I had it livestreamed. I only have 5 followers at the moment, but over 200 views on it. Didn't want to get too much attention and get my account of 7 years banned :tongue: So I removed it.

At least that's a direct confirmation a 343i member has seen the gametype. I like to think 343i keeps a close eye on this kind of stuff, but with how they act sometimes, it's like they're oblivious. So ya just can't know for sure.

At this rate of progress on our side, 343i should just accept it and give us their in house tools. :tongue:

D

adderrson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Make a thread in Matches next time :smile:

26 people RSVP'd and we played this for 3 hours straight with 12 people per game consistantly, so at this point I am in an excellent position to leave feedback :smile:

First of all I adore the gametype, the lobby I hosted was only going to be for 2 hours and had to be extended by a further hour!

However one thing we noticed as a group is that damn spartan laser, with the weapon balance update, the slazer is infuriatingly frustrating to get a kill with, the only suggestion we can make as a group is the possibility of it being replaced with the concussion rifle in a future update perhaps.

Also now you've done all the hard work of creating gun game itself, why not give us Gun Game 6 x 3 from MW3 also :smile:

rather than randomised, weak to strong and strong to weak, the options would alternatively be UNSC, Covenant and Promethean.

But overall, all I can say for the most part is amd42 amd42 , keep up the good work!

S

Shanez1215

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Can I get a mediafire link to this gametype so I can inject it? I don't have a Hard Drive with me right now :frown:

El Gabotron

El Gabotron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
rather than randomised, weak to strong and strong to weak, the options would alternatively be UNSC, Covenant and Promethean.

But overall, all I can say for the most part is amd42 amd42 , keep up the good work!

That sounds amazing, maybe someone can add it as an opion.

amd42

amd42

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Can I make a request? It'd be nice to have an "Omit Weapon" user setting? I want to drop the Spartan Laser. It slows down the game so much.

Adamgm10

Adamgm10

The Kid
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Someone's going to make Invasion I know it. Once someone puts invasion in Halo 4 then I'll go back to play it. Anyways looks nice. I've played a split screen match yesterday and it was pretty fun only wish you could customize what weapons are for every level.

D

adderrson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Can I make a request? It'd be nice to have an "Omit Weapon" user setting? I want to drop the Spartan Laser. It slows down the game so much.

The concussion rifle would make a balanced replacement IMHO :smile:

p m

p m

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Whoever was playing, wasn't very good, I saw so many people walk right in front of them and just get killed. Sweet gametype for sure. I remember this in Counter Strike back in the day.

amd42

amd42

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Whoever was playing, wasn't very good, I saw so many people walk right in front of them and just get killed. Sweet gametype for sure. I remember this in Counter Strike back in the day.
Yeah, that was me playing. I totally suck at Halo now because I'm pretty much just interested in modding it and haven't really played matchmaking much at all since H4 came out. You don't even want to know what my rank is. I'm not offended or anything :tongue:

Thanks for the feedback though!

p m

p m

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, that was me playing. I totally suck at Halo now because I'm pretty much just interested in modding it and haven't really played matchmaking much at all since H4 came out. You don't even want to know what my rank is. I'm not offended or anything :tongue:

Thanks for the feedback though!

Not bashing or saying I'm better in that kind of way, I was just confused on why that person let so many people walk past, but I mean, if you were just trying to show off the game type, and not got MLG on it, then you did a great job on that. I wouldn't want someone who went 18-0 and got all the guns in 2 minutes. You also showed that you can't get kills with nades to get a new weapon, nicely done. Don't worry though, back when I modded Halo 2, and I got banned and such. I made a new tag and tried to play, I was horrible for a while. Good job though, nicely done

melon2007

melon2007

92% Halo
Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
looks really cool, I'm going to play this next time i start halo 4. I didn't know this was possible with modded gametypes. Just wondering, how did you make it say development build? is that customizable or anything?

amd42

amd42

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Just wondering, how did you make it say development build? is that customizable or anything?
It was done through a custom HUD widget. The text can be customized and it can even show player-specific data.

I'm not going to share specific details on how to do it at this time though because I don't want people making a bunch of crappy gametypes with their gamertag and website plastered across the screen (think COD lobbies). It's simple enough to figure out if you know how scripting works.

melon2007

melon2007

92% Halo
Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
It was done through a custom HUD widget. The text can be customized and it can even show player-specific data.

I'm not going to share specific details on how to do it at this time though because I don't want people making a bunch of crappy gametypes with their gamertag and website plastered across the screen (think COD lobbies). It's simple enough to figure out if you know how scripting works.

Interesting because I was thinking it could be useful on gametypes where people don't know what to do to give them direction. I've only used simple hex edits on gametypes so It might not be possible for me.

One Handed Gamer

One Handed Gamer

Reaction score
Sin$
Watch the video to see my friend go on a 20-5 killstreak in Gun Game.

Top Bottom
Login
Register