What's new

Game Mods [Release] Gun Game

amd42

amd42

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$

I am proud to announce the release of Gun Game for Halo 4. It features a completely custom script and (for the most part) it is not a mod of another gametype.

This plays similar to the gametype from Call of Duty Counterstrike. Players progress through a series of 18 weapons and have to try and get through them all. Every kill you get earns you a new weapon, but be careful - by default, getting stuck with a plasma grenade or getting assassinated demotes you and embarrasses you in front of everyone.

Features:
  • 18 different weapons: Gravity Hammer, Energy Sword, Shotgun, Scattershot, Magnum, Storm Rifle, Assault Rifle, Needler, Light Rifle, Carbine, Battle Rifle, Sticky Detonator, Railgun, Sniper Rifle, Binary Rifle, Spartan Laser, Rocket Launcher, and the SAW.
  • By default, the weapon progression is randomized every single game. This can be customized, see below.
  • Your score indicates which tier you are currently on. Tier 17 is the last tier, and the first player to complete it wins.
  • After completing tier 17, the game will wait for three seconds in case the winner gets stuck with a plasma grenade or is assassinated at the last second.
  • Players go through a short (one second by default) cooldown period after getting a kill before receiving a new weapon. This means that quick multikills (e.g. killing two people with one rocket) only promote a player once.
  • When receiving a new weapon, players will flash with a green Regicide explosion. (This does not affect a player's shields or health in any way; it is only visual.)
  • Melee kills and generic grenade explosion kills do not count toward promotions.
  • If you successfully demote a player, then you receive a Vengeance medal. A custom statistic tracks these and can be viewed after the game ends.
  • If enabled, players can be demoted to tier -1 (not via suicide), where they receive an Incineration Cannon as a handicap.
  • Several different customizable options and trait sets, detailed below.
  • Weapon tuning settings from matchmaking!
Trait Sets:
  • Cooldown Traits: Applied to players during the cooldown period before weapon upgrades. By default, this only prevents damage, but can be used to e.g. give players a temporary radar.
  • Final Tier Traits: Applied to players who are on the final weapon tier and who are about to win. By default, this shows a waypoint over the player's head.
  • Leader Traits: Your standard leader traits from Slayer gametypes. Applied to players in the lead. Overrides all but powerups. By default, these do nothing.
Options:
  • Weapon Progression: Controls the weapon progression order. This defaults to Randomized, where the progression is switched up every single game (but all players in the game follow the same weapon order). Other options include Weak to Strong, where players start with a Gravity Hammer and must reach the SAW, and Strong to Weak, where players start with the SAW and must reach the Gravity Hammer.
  • Assassination Vengeances: Controls how players are affected by assassinations. By default, this is set to Two-Way, where assassinations demote the target and promote the killer. Other options include Promote Killer, Demote Target, and Disabled.
  • Sticky Vengeances: Same as Assassination Vengeances, but for sticky kills. Defaults to Demote Target.
  • Tier -1: If enabled, then players can be demoted to tier -1 (not via suicide), where they receive an Incineration Cannon. Defaults to Enabled.
  • Cooldown Time: Controls the time between when a player gets a kill and when they receive their new weapon. Defaults to 1 second.
Forge Labels:
  • gungame - If this is set on an object and "Game Specific" is set to TRUE, then the object will only spawn in Gun Game.
  • gungame_del - If this is set on an object, it will be present in every gametype except for Gun Game.
  • gungame_hide - If this is set on an object, it will be made invisible in Gun Game and objects (except for projectiles) will not be able to pass through it. Just for fun.
Special thanks goes out to everyone who helped me test and to everyone who has been actively involved in the gametype modding community. You guys rock.

Download from Halo Waypoint

Download Raw Variant File from Mediafire

DISCLAIMER: This file is an unofficial content file, and as such, could potentially lead to a ban if you are caught hosting it in your fileshare. I shall not be held responsible for any bans, suspensions, or death that results from this gametype. Play it at your own risk.

Last edited:
Thunder Waffle

Thunder Waffle

Enthusiast
Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
All those games played man. I can't even count how many times. The process of game testing it quite brutal. Makes me appreciate 343's weapon tuning a ton more.

ManBearPig06

ManBearPig06

The Shiroyasha
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Great work on this amd, and an awesome display of just some of what can be done with megalo.

The game's we've had on it have been more fun than I've had in H4 for a while, so I hope everyone enjoys it just as much. They might even get demoted by people even more stick happy than Thunder Waffle :wink:

Thunder Waffle

Thunder Waffle

Enthusiast
Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
The game's we've had on it have been more fun than I've had in H4 for a while, so I hope everyone enjoys it just as much. They might even get demoted by people even more stick happy than Thunder Waffle :wink:
I sense someone might be mad?

EpicError

EpicError

Getting There
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
That is quite interesting. I didn't know gametype modding was this powerful.

I think the only thing that made me jizz all over myself is the development build text. Just having the text on screen that has dev/debug/alpha/beta is enough for me to do flips.

lordcrusnik1986

lordcrusnik1986

God of Halo Forge
Reaction score
Sin$
freely enjoyed bieng one of the few to test this before publishment :smile: thanks AMD you know this is going to get big....fast

Troll King

Troll King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Having been away from Halo 4 in particularly for several months you guys have figured out how the games-types are made and scripted... Lol this is epic. I might start playing customs again. Kudos to you AMD and the testers.

El Gabotron

El Gabotron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
haha I see you know about Franklez appreciating your work, well deserved.

iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sexy work baby. I bet 2 weeks and its in Action Sack.

Garret still sucks at this :tongue:

El Gabotron

El Gabotron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sexy work baby. I bet 2 weeks and its in Action Sack.

Garret still sucks at this :tongue:

It should be 4v4 to get into matchmaking, maybe someone can cook a team version but some tweaks should be needed. Or the gametype is just best played as FFA.

TAxxOUTBR3AKxx

TAxxOUTBR3AKxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Played a few games of it last night and it plays very well. However, may I add that:

-It SEEMS like it's not using the weapon-tuning update to the weapons.

-there's a few weapons missing, why, I dont know. (Incin Cannon, Beam Rifle, and Plasma Pistol off the top of my head.)

Other than that, it was definitely fun. Here's a livestream gamelink to one I played:

http://www.twitch.tv/taxxoutbr3akxx/c/2460419

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
Just downloaded it, gonna play it later. Looks really cool though, nice work. I can only wonder what you guys might be able to make in the future.

amd42

amd42

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
-It SEEMS like it's not using the weapon-tuning update to the weapons.
It is, I just ran the version I uploaded last night through my editor and it indeed has weapon tuning settings from matchmaking set (I copied them from Infinity Rumble).

-there's a few weapons missing, why, I dont know. (Incin Cannon, Beam Rifle, and Plasma Pistol off the top of my head.)
That was intentional actually. Plasma Pistol and Boltshot for one thing were cut because they were too annoying to get kills with, and other weapons were missing because I wanted to limit things to 18 weapons to keep games shorter. Any more than 20 weapons and I would have exceeded the limits of what a script can do.

Glad you enjoyed it though!

Top Bottom
Login
Register