What's new

[RELEASE] Black Ops II GPD Editor

X

XOR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Horizon can open and extract Title Settings from GPDs. The program is free to download if you want to use it but don't make false claims.
That must be a new feature then? I'm looking now and I can't see a tool that does that though.

Xeren

Xeren

♦♦♦ God Complex ♦♦♦
Legendary Veteran Programmer Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
That must be a new feature then? I'm looking now and I can't see a tool that does that though.
It is probably a developer-mode only tool, or he is talking about the GPD editors for games.

Xeren

Xeren

♦♦♦ God Complex ♦♦♦
Reaction score
Sin$
not what I meant lol, just open your profile up in a hex editor and search for you clan tag, you should find it
Wouldn't change anything. An XContent package(CON) does not contain any game related information except for title ID, thumbnail pictures, title name, and description. The clan tag would be contained in the GPD, and the encryption method this program is using is probably off by a bit.

XeClutch

XeClutch

Raised on 7S
Mythical Veteran Programmer Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
Wouldn't change anything. An XContent package(CON) does not contain any game related information except for title ID, thumbnail pictures, title name, and description. The clan tag would be contained in the GPD, and the encryption method this program is using is probably off by a bit.
So then it is either encrypted or stored on the BO2 Server and sent to your profile once you connect meaning you would probably have to RTE your clan tag IF it is stored on the server.

X

XOR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't think the encryption is off since I've actually reversed this myself and get the same result as this program does. The encryption method used is the same as Black Ops I, the only difference is in the structure of the setting since they don't use the first four bytes for the magic.

Wazxs

Wazxs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice release, but I'm seeing people are having some trouble editing? I'm just getting into recognizing real programming, so I'm going to have to wait until an editor like Black Ops 1's comes out.

Xeren

Xeren

♦♦♦ God Complex ♦♦♦
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't think the encryption is off since I've actually reversed this myself and get the same result as this program does. The encryption method used is the same as Black Ops I, the only difference is in the structure of the setting since they don't use the first four bytes for the magic.
Do you have an IDC file or know what sub function it saves at? I want to look further into it.

Dwack

Dwack

Now employed at Dominoes!
Experienced Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you have an IDC file or know what sub function it saves at? I want to look further into it.

sub_822EFDF0 : default.xex TU0
first function verifies the hash
second registers the AES
third is ctr_start
forth ctr_decrypt
etc....

Flying_Poo

Flying_Poo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So Far... (only 5 mins of playing with it.)

output_mp.dat
0x1E4 - increments on each "change" of any settings in this game.
0x08 - seems to alternate between 00 and 01. initially I thought it was Button Layout settings, but its not.
Clan Tag does not seem to be stored here.
Scorestreaks, no; Classes, no.
Locked Item, waiting to level up and unlock something.

Not really sure what this creates.

Im a Leecher

Im a Leecher

In lulz we trust
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
So I suppose nobody has found anything useful with this yet?
I don't see how you guys say the classes are stored in the GPD, I may be thinking very off on this but... I've tried swapping GPDs between profiles and it doesn't change my offline classes. Wouldn't this mean that the classes are not stored in the GPD?

Last edited:
Im a Leecher

Im a Leecher

In lulz we trust
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Is there any way to edit buttons like RB = A and LB = B ?

The button binds aren't in clear view like they were in Black Ops 1. But that doesn't mean it isn't possible, maybe someone can find the button binds and modify them.
I'de like to see somebody just able to modify the load by default option since that would be something stored locally for sure.

DarkAmbur

DarkAmbur

S7 Awesomeness
Experienced Veteran Tutorial Creator Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
I get an error whenever I try extracting the mp.dat?

Nvm got it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register