Reinstall Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raid

Raid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My sisters Macbook Pro 13" has been not acting right and it's telling me to reinstall. Whenever I reinstall I always do a clean install and never just install from the disc. If I didn't go into Disk Utility and erase the contents on the hard drive would everything on the Macbook Pro still be there?

+rep to whoever has the answer, thanks!

Krafty

Krafty

It was me the whole time!
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm kinda of confused as to what you're asking: If you do a clean install, it will wipe the drive. One way to do a clean install while keeping the contents is "Archive & Install," this takes all the folders from her home folder (Music, Documents, Movies, etc...) and moves them to another folder, and installs a fresh OS X, and then you can organize your old content into the new folders.

I would recommend backing up (regardless) and just copying into the clean install.

Raid

Raid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm kinda of confused as to what you're asking: If you do a clean install, it will wipe the drive. One way to do a clean install while keeping the contents is "Archive & Install," this takes all the folders from her home folder (Music, Documents, Movies, etc...) and moves them to another folder, and installs a fresh OS X, and then you can organize your old content into the new folders.

I would recommend backing up (regardless) and just copying into the clean install.
Never mind, I figured it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register