rehash and sign

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mod Help' started by rhinorulz, Dec 14, 2008 with 24 replies and 919 views.

1. rhinorulz

rhinorulz Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I rehash and sign all my mods but they end up corrupted. what am I doing wrong? also what am I supposed to use to repack gametypes?

2. Head Tax

Head Tax Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Are you using a banned KV by any chance?

3. OP
    rhinorulz

rhinorulz Enthusiast

Ratings:
    KV? what is that? if u are asking if my 360 is banned then no.

4. Mr Shrimpy

Mr Shrimpy Banned

Ratings:
    if u don't know what a kv is, don't mod!

5. OP
    rhinorulz

rhinorulz Enthusiast

Ratings:
    please dont downtalk me. when you first started modding did you know what a KV was? no? that is what I thought. and since it is to short to search for how about filling me in?

6. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Well the KV is the actual key used to sign your files. If you don't know what a KV is, then most likely you are using a public KV which is banned. Therefore the banned KV will corrupt your save's signature either way. So you need to find a private, unbanned KV in order to get it working.

7. OP
    rhinorulz

rhinorulz Enthusiast

Ratings:
    so you want to know if my system key is banned? I should be hashing and signing with it.

8. EnergiE

EnergiE Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I actually did. KV = Keyvault. The resigner you are using has a banned KV so it wont work.

9. OP
    rhinorulz

rhinorulz Enthusiast

Ratings:
    how about the second question?

10. enoop

enoop Enthusiast

Ratings:
  11. Xpargas

Xpargas Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    You didnt know what a KV was untill someone told you so STFU

Just use CONcept, it will work

12. enoop

enoop Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hope that resiner works for you, you can search keyvault on this site if you want to know more about it.

13. DJ Shepherd

DJ Shepherd Banned

Ratings:
    guys stop arguing over nothing
    the average person who wants to mod halo, which is very ignorant btw, does not know that "Search" does not mean "Stare at aimlessly," if you dont use it, youre just the average ignorant kiddie, otherwise, like me, whoopie, you used the search button before you went into everything, end of story.

Files being corrupt are because the save is signed with a file called the KeyVault. The KeyVault (KV abrev.) is a file extracted out of an Xbox to get a set of keys to calculate the signature for a file. When the NXE was released, Microsoft banned all the public keyvaults (KV's that were released with resigners), so now, you must resign files with a KV that microsoft hasnt banned, it has nothing to do with your Xbox specifically.

BTW, @ the original poster
    Please learn to use the search button, dont be ignorant/oblivious to the powers of it, people dont want to retype everything 2000000 times

14. Xpargas

Xpargas Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Why would you pay money when you can get something that does exactly the same thing for free?

15. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    seriously, why aren't you a diet mod already?

16. DJ Shepherd

DJ Shepherd Banned

Ratings:
    because of a lot of reasons
    1) The halo section has died down much to where 7sins doesnt really need any mods, nonetheless i wouldnt mind
    2) The admins dont know much of my knowledge in this stuff
    3) Behind the doors, the staff hates me, Ive heard what goes on in the staff section, and they hate me for obvious reasons :: points tail to my sig and my personality :: ya... it's sad but ya...

but back on topic xD

17. Head Tax

Head Tax Premium Premium

Ratings:
    God I would hate to have you as a diet mod. You are by far the most sarcastic and unhelpful person on this site.

18. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    if i could, i would ban you for that comment...

• Like Like x 1
  19. DJ Shepherd

DJ Shepherd Banned

Ratings:
    please dont try and flame me
    Sarcastic? yes, very, no doubt about that, but why do you ask? Well lets take for example, the glitching section, i whipped that forum into shape practically single handedly when I wasnt even a mod. Do you know how many scrub cakes infested the glitches section and posted in the wrong forum? But when good old sarcastic obnoxious DJ came in, bam! the forum cleaned up.
    But unhelpful? Who brought bridging for Halo 3 back to the community? I did, i figured it out. Who tries to answer every question in this forum? Me, haxalot, eazy b, unknown... uh... some others but thats it. But kid, i know more than you ever will in your life and im 17, and i use it to help people. Take for instance this thread, did i not tell the original poster what a KV is, what happened with the NXE, and what he needs to do? I did, which automatically brings your comment to a grinding halt.
    sarcasticness/obnoxiousness: Try and think before you talk kiddie, use the search button and research who you are trying to flame before you actually try and flame, which is pathetic by the way youd rather be flaming than achieving something in life.

20. Mr Shrimpy

Mr Shrimpy Banned

Ratings:
    sorry, but when i started to mod i did research first, ^^.