What's new

Solved Region Differences/Changing Regions with RGH Consoles?

SGCSam

SGCSam

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey everyone,

Bit of a noob question but I figured it'd be a good idea to ask just to make sure. So I'll give a bit of background, a friend of mine over in the US is interested in picking up an RGH console. I'd offered to source a console for him and perform the exploit, then send it over to him to help him out. However, I'm based in the UK so obviously, the console he receives would be a PAL console, which is less than ideal as he's in the NTSC region.

So I've got 2 main concerns: power differences and region differences.

From what I understand, the 360's power brick makes sure each console receives the correct voltage and amperage - there are no differences between regions for output (so each Falcon gets 14.2A, each Jasper gets 12.1A, etc). However, mains voltages between regions differ. So, if I'm testing the console here in the UK, I can use my power brick. Would that mean when I send the console to him, he can use his US power brick without an issue?

The 2nd difference is obviously the console's region. I'd assume so, but is it possible to change both the region of the console and the DVD drive to NTSC? That'll make it easier for him so he can play all of his NTSC games and, for all intents and purposes, own a console that matches the region he's in?

I believe the region information is stored in the console's KV, is it as easy as just editing the value to NTSC?

Top Bottom
Login
Register