Reflect Ideal

Discussion in 'Programming & Scripting' started by Michael Allison, Nov 26, 2008 with 7 replies and 200 views.

1. Michael Allison

Michael Allison Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Renew Ideal

The first program by Renew, a group of programmers consisting of my friend Logan and I, basically, is Ideal: software to optimize Vista by eradicating extraneous system services that are running in the background. It's great for gaming, or other memory intensive operations. However, Ideal isn't going to be officially released until all the bugs are worked out.

If you'd like to be an official bug tester, just say so in this topic and we'll put you on the list. Basically,all you have to do is respond here when you find a bug, or with general feedback.

Keep in mind Ideal is not going to make your computer run faster in a general environment. Ideal is for stopping or pausing useless Windows services and other system processes. Your security settings may stop Ideal from working, and Ideal does not remove useless services and processes added by the user. We assume you know what programs of your own will cause lag when you play video games, etc., already.

[Click here to view the link]
    Click the above image to download [Click here to view the link].

Yes, making your own graphical user interface out of picture boxes and labels is freaking hard.

2. Leering

Leering (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Ratings:
    Any plan for one on XP?

3. OP
    Michael Allison

Ratings:
    After I finish building my new PC, because all the parts just arrived.

Also, it'd probably take longer to code because there's more you can disable in XP and there's more knowledge of how to disable it.

Glad people are enthusiastic. :thumbup:

4. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    Sounds interesting, I definitely want to see the final result.

5. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Looks good man, can't try this since I'm on my tablet, but if it works good job then.

6. OP
    Michael Allison

Ratings:
    I honestly need to add a lot more feature into it, so if anyone can think of things that I can eliminate that run in Vista's background, I'll work on it. :smile: I did try it though, and it seems to reduce CPU usage by a couple percent so far. It's not close to done in that respect though, by the end of next week I expect to have it completely done and I also expect I'll have a website for it, or something.

7. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Disabling UAC and the sidebar (sidebar would be simple to do programatically, should only involve deleting one registry value)

8. OP
    Michael Allison

Ratings:
    I don't know anybody who uses the sidebar, so I forgot it existed.

Thanks!

I think I already have the service that enables UAC stopped or pause, but I could be wrong.